I started discussing this problem with RIM back in July 2011. They had no solution other than a wipe. It's not really required. I spent countless hours helping them troubleshoot their problem.

Just back up your PB when it's working properly and restore it when you have the problem. You don't have to do a wipe. Just keeping backing up your device until they get the problem fixed....if they ever do.
    Last edited by dagerlach; 01-06-12 at 11:17 AM.
    01-06-12 11:14 AM
    I started discussing this problem with RIM back in July 2011. They had no solution other than a wipe. It's not really required. I spent countless hours helping them troubleshoot their problem.

Just back up your PB when it's working properly and restore it when you have the problem. You don't have to do a wipe. Just keeping backing up your device until they get the problem fixed....if they ever do.
    Not sure how far you got in your talks with RIM, but the one I was in contact with supposedly escalated internally to their development team. I pretty much told them what I did in narrowing down the directories on the PlayBook that this issue involves and supplied them with a screenshot, as well as the directories extracted from the backup file. Hopeful this will get further up the chain and a fix will be issued...

As far as your suggestion of backup up before this issue occurs and restoring from that backup when this issue occurs, I wish I would have thought of that... restoring from backups on the BlackBerry phones would replace the databases you're restoring so this would be a temp fix. Wish RIM would give you the option to be more selective in restoring specific entries the way they do on the phones.
    01-07-12 11:26 PM
    Hello Forum,
    I got exactly the same issue as per "dimm0k". my 64gb PB was fine bridging with my 9700. Then I updated the PB OS through the BlackBerry Device Manager, to version 1.0.8.6067.

After this upgrade, I kept having the "blackberry bridge is locked" ONLY to view my emails (corporate and yahoo accounts). All other bridge functions are perfectly fine...

I tried hard reset on both devises with no luck. I haven't tried the "Security Wipe" since I don't think that it worth the trouble yet.

As judging by the thread of msg below, no fix has been found yet. I hope that the upcoming OS2 will fix this. I was starting to like my PB.
    01-20-12 02:50 PM
    Hello Forum,
    I got exactly the same issue as per "dimm0k". my 64gb PB was fine bridging with my 9700. Then I updated the PB OS through the BlackBerry Device Manager, to version 1.0.8.6067.

After this upgrade, I kept having the "blackberry bridge is locked" ONLY to view my emails (corporate and yahoo accounts). All other bridge functions are perfectly fine...

I tried hard reset on both devises with no luck. I haven't tried the "Security Wipe" since I don't think that it worth the trouble yet.

As judging by the thread of msg below, no fix has been found yet. I hope that the upcoming OS2 will fix this. I was starting to like my PB.
    With OS 2.0 right around the corner I have the feeling that as far as updates and fixes go for OS 1.0 that there will be none unless it's something really severe. I've had this issue since early December, pretty much a week or two after I opened my PB and I've been contacting RIM support about this and it does not seem to be gaining any headway. From submitting PB logs and screenshots to wiping my PB and my BB, along with all the myriad steps support had me do I feel support is merely stalling at this point. I've narrowed it down to where this issue is occurring on the PlayBook and if you used my backup file, which I also submitted, you should be able to reproduce this issue. On the 6th of January I was told "This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available." and was issued a "PR" number. Called them today and the rep I was speaking with was not available so I spoke with someone else who said he was going to take over the case, but this involves looking through my case which involves time. Frustrating to say the least...
    01-20-12 03:48 PM
    I have the same problem as everyone has described here...but in my troubleshooting I "think" I've been able to narrow down the problem...and in one instance, I can repeat it at will.

Firstly, when I do get the "Bridge Locked" screen, I just close it and open a new session and it works fine (until it decides to lock up again)....No sense in bothering to enter your password, it just locks right back up (at least that's been my experience).

Here are the two situations when I get "Bridge Locked"

-Blackberry is "busy" for a L-O-N-G time, my Playbook seems to time out...and I get the "Bridge Locked" . I've got a 9900 (my second...and both experienced the same behavior), and it isn't uncommon for my Blackberry to get the busy icon and be unusable for MINUTES at a time! After my first few "Bridge Locked" errors, I looked to my device and noticed that each time my PB locked up, by Blackberry was unusable.

-corrupt email: When checking messages, if I tap on a message, and get "Bridge Locked" immediately, I close that window and re-launch, and as long as I don't tap the email that seemingly caused the "Bridge Locked", everything works fine. Once I tap that email....it locks. I can repeat this all day....obviously only with a corrupt email. I've had to delete the email on my Blackberry to get rid of it!

In both cases, is this a coincidence in the fact that the problem seemed to stem from the Blackberry; either "busy", or a corrupt email. Are we focused on the PB, when we may need to be on the device and/or Blackberry Bridge App? For what it's worth, my Blackberry hasn't experienced the extended busy for a while....and I've seen an equal drop in instances of "Bridge Locked"

I'd be curious to know which OS anyone who has experienced this issue is on, and also, for those that this is still happening to, immediately check your Blackberry...see if it is responsive to keyboard and/or touch inputs, or if it is pretty much frozen (which is what I was getting).

I've read through the posts, and experienced many of the same things: All bridge functions/apps work great, only the Messages app causes this problem.

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced similar issues, or if this helps in the troubleshooting...but I thought I'd share it.
    ALToronto likes this.
    01-21-12 12:29 AM
    ronag, your situation is different from mine. my playbook has the bridge locked problem 24/7. email never shows up on my pb anymore
    01-21-12 06:38 AM
    ronag, your situation is different from mine. my playbook has the bridge locked problem 24/7. email never shows up on my pb anymore
    Agreed, mine is constantly locked regardless of entering in the correct password or not. Only way to fix is to wipe...
    01-22-12 01:57 PM
    I spend way too much time on this forum and have never seen this issue before. Most likely your not the only one but I disagree with "tons of people".
    Well add another person to the "tonnes of people" its happened to then because my playbook won't let me into my bridge now either. What I don't like is that its doing this on its own without my ok.
    02-06-12 02:49 PM
    Just curious, if you take the password off your BB, does this message go away when you try to bridge?
    02-06-12 03:17 PM
    Just curious, if you take the password off your BB, does this message go away when you try to bridge?
    I just tried this now...... When asked for a password to unlock the Bridge I punched in my phone password (silly me) and it worked.
    02-07-12 11:30 PM
    happens to me too. Registered to prove the tons of people comment. Used to work. Now that screen goes into an infinite loop asking for my device password. Looks promising as it spins, then back to the screen. I know the password is right, as it does complain when I intentionally miskey it.
    02-22-12 08:28 PM
    happens to me too. Registered to prove the tons of people comment. Used to work. Now that screen goes into an infinite loop asking for my device password. Looks promising as it spins, then back to the screen. I know the password is right, as it does complain when I intentionally miskey it.
    02-22-12 09:35 PM
    Wow, that's crazy.
    I see a picture of a lock and that's all.
    02-22-12 09:37 PM
    I'm currently having this issue. A wiped fixed it but then I sideloaded some apps and now I'm getting this message again. I'm not sure if an app could be causing this prob but I'm now del the sideloaded apps to see.
    03-02-12 12:45 PM
    I don't think I can take off the password, it's a company bb, and they want it secured.

But I'm definitely putting in the right password, and it is acknowledging it, in the sense that the lock screen disappears, and for 1-2 seconds, it spins up like it's about to do it..

And like everyone else, it's only email. Bridged Calendar and everything else, it will allow me to see. So I'm getting in. Just not into what really counts.

All in all, the only things I really got the playbook for -- email on a bigger screen, and corporate intranet (i.e. links from emails people send me) on a bigger screen -- neither of those have come to pass..

Anyone else here had any luck (other than wiping bb clean.. I'm not really sure I have a good rationale to ask our IT guys to do that, since the bb itself works fine..)
    03-06-12 10:25 AM
    Taking off the password doesn't fix the prob. I tried it and the message pops up in an endless loop. A wipe was the only thing that fixed it for me and this time I didn't restore from backup. Last time I did and the prob came back again so it seems maybe something went wrong in backing up. I reinstalled back all apps and sideload and everything is good.

So for everyone having this prob did u do a backup restore? If so try wipe and don't restore just to see if the prob exist. If not u can attempt to restore and then you would know if its the backup is corrupted.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-06-12 10:32 AM
    I hope RIM come up with a solution for this soon as I have had the Playbook for only a few weeks and I have had to do several secyrity wipes and they have been successful for anything up to two weeks but I have had to do one within an hour and all due to the same issue.

Patience is wearing thin
    06-09-12 07:54 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Just started today. Messages don't work, but everything else does. I'll wipe and see what happens.
    07-18-12 01:42 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've Cracked It!

I have had my PB for 2 days and whilst this worked fine to start with, I then found the "Bridge is Locked" loop. After reading several forums all saying that I had to do a security wipe on either the PB or the BB and not wanting to do either, I decided to do a little investigating on my own and voila! I did it.

First delete the PB from Bridge on the BB.

Second remove ALL bluetooth paired devices from the PB

Third go through the Bridge setup process using the QR code.

All fixed.

I hope this helps others too.

BTW: I have a Bold 9900 and a PB 64GB with OS 2.0.1.
    09-02-12 07:07 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD