Had the PlayBook for about a week and bridge was working fine, even yesterday morning. However when I got home the first thing I did was bridge my phone and unlock with my password. Shortly after unlocking, the screen turns black and I get the message "BlackBerry Bridge is Locked". If I enter my password again, it shows the messages app without any of my messages while the little green circle is spinning. Shortly after that it goes back to the locked screen. The bridge icon on the PB gives me the option to lock, which means the bridge connection is already unlocked! The crazy thing is Contacts, Calendar, Bridge Browser, BBM all work fine! It's when I go to the Messages that I get this lock screen. I was on the phone with PB support last night and it's been handed off to second level, but in the meantime I wanted to see if anyone else has stumbled across this and if they have found the cause and solution. I'm using the latest version of the bridge app from App World and 1.0.8 PB OS. Ihave tried deleting the bluetooth profiles from both devices, as well as the bridge app and pairings, but no luck. Attached a screenshot of the message as it is not the normal lock screen I've seen before.

Last edited by dimm0k; 12-02-11 at 09:02 AM.
    12-02-11 08:52 AM
    I saw that screen once on my PB, after updating my 9650 to the latest Bridge version. However - I was able to type in my password and it unlocked as expected. You have tried restarting the PB?
    12-02-11 12:05 PM
    This comes up for me every time I connect to my phone with bridge apps. Type in phone password.

I also only saw this when use the bridge workaround apps for the old 2.0 OS. Newest Playbook beta OS fixes the bridge apps and works normally now. I recommend updating your Playbook to 2.0.0.4869. You will need to register for the beta again and go to "Software Update" on the Playbook for it to appear.

Hope this helps.
    12-02-11 12:13 PM
    I've had the same thing a couple of times. Restarting the PB has worked or I've turned off bluetooth on the phone, then turn it back on. That's also worked.
    12-02-11 02:10 PM
    Unfortunately I have pretty much exhausted every option... cold reboot on the PB and the BB, turned bluetooth off and then on, removed the bluetooth profile, removed the bridge connection on the PB, removed bridge app, as well as combinations of all the above mentioned. There really is no reason for me to go to the dev version of 2.0 because bridged messages WAS working fine ever since I got the PB until last night for some strange reason. I didn't install, delete, modify anything between then and the last time I was successfully reading messages off of the PB.

Guess my only two options left are to wait for 2nd level to get back to me regarding this issue and to wipe the PB and start from scratch. If that still doesn't work, wipe my BB... ugh!
    12-02-11 05:20 PM
    Any chance you have a corporate/company phone and they changed some policy on it?
    12-02-11 06:02 PM
    Any chance you have a corporate/company phone and they changed some policy on it?
    Nope, it's a personal device.
    12-02-11 06:11 PM
    Well since 3rd level support has yet to get back to me on this issue, I spoke with another "analyst" who suggested that I try wiping my BB and loading everything back. Was getting some issues with my BB anyway so I figured what the heck. Apparently that was not the problem as it still gave me the "BB Bridge is Locked" message so as the last option I could think of I wiped the PB and that looked to have fixed it. Gonna leave the ticket open with them...
    12-03-11 12:04 PM
    What OS version do you have installed on your Playbook and what version of BlackBerry Bridge do you have on your phone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-03-11 06:24 PM
    Nice to hear you managed to get in, even if it took a bit of effort.
    12-03-11 06:28 PM
    What OS version do you have installed on your Playbook and what version of BlackBerry Bridge do you have on your phone?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Using 1.0.8.4985 OS and 1.0.7.4 for the bridge app. The app was gotten from App World.
    12-03-11 06:30 PM
    Nice to hear you managed to get in, even if it took a bit of effort.
    Thanks! The weird thing is the bridge on the PB is supposed to just read the messages off of the BB so I find it a little strange the PB was the culprit.
    12-03-11 06:33 PM
    It's not you...tons of people are having the exact same issue and have been for months! Doing a security wipe is the ONLY way to fix it....but mark my words....in a week lr two the problem will be back! The only thing I can think of is some app must be conflicting with something and causing this. Very frustrating and RIM really needs to fix this...but like I said it has been going on for months and they've done notbing!
    12-08-11 01:15 AM
    It's not you...tons of people are having the exact same issue and have been for months! Doing a security wipe is the ONLY way to fix it....but mark my words....in a week lr two the problem will be back! The only thing I can think of is some app must be conflicting with something and causing this. Very frustrating and RIM really needs to fix this...but like I said it has been going on for months and they've done notbing!
    That's a little disconcerting to hear as the high level analyst I spoke with told me that it probably wouldn't happen again. Had I known I would have pushed further, which I guess will do if this comes up again. Though I'm curious, if it keeps happening why have I not seen more "commotion" on this issue here? I had tried searching for this before posting, but nothing exactly the same as mine regarding messages turned up. Any idea if 2.0 has this issue as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-11 06:58 AM
    I spend way too much time on this forum and have never seen this issue before. Most likely your not the only one but I disagree with "tons of people".
    ashsingh likes this.
    12-08-11 07:36 AM
    The 2.0 beta seems to fix the problem....for how long we shall see.... Good luck!
    12-08-11 11:10 AM
    It just so happens that this problem started after the expiry of my files and folders trial period when i deleted the app from my pb. can anyone else recall if a time trial app was used or deleted prior to this failure?
    12-10-11 12:25 AM
    Ok, so this problem has returned for me! To answer your question musical1806 I don't have any apps on trial... I have called up for support again and they're "looking into it"
    12-17-11 09:59 PM
    Basically to work around this for me I backed up my device, wiped it, then restored the Media and Settings databases. From there I removed the Bridge specific directories from the Applications database, reintegrated the modified Applications database and restored that to my PB. Doing so gave me a fully restored PB minus the Bridge stuff. From there I set up Bridge and it works again... only problem is I KNOW this is going to come back unless RIM makes some damned fixes. I currently backed up my working setup and hopefully can restore just the Bridge stuff to overwrite the bad Bridge should it happen again.
    12-27-11 07:28 PM
    It happened to me too. I don't want to wipe my pb so that i can reed my messages for a week or two and then wipe it again. I will leave mine for now and hope that RIM will fix it soon.
    12-29-11 05:43 AM
    And I read seversl other pb users complaing about the same issue on bb support forums.
    Last edited by sirmrui; 12-29-11 at 05:54 AM.
    12-29-11 05:44 AM
    And I read seversl other pb users complaing about the same issue on bb support forums.
    Best bet would be to call in and let them know of this issue... the more people with this issue, the more likely they're willing to acknowledge this issue. Just wondering if you're using the old Redirector method of getting e-mails for any of your accounts? Also are you using he latest version of Bridge?
    12-29-11 07:20 AM
    i'm having this exact issue recently
    01-05-12 02:48 AM
    booooooo I can't fix it and I don't want to do a security wipe
    01-05-12 12:21 PM
    that happened the samething to me too. damn RIM!
    01-06-12 10:51 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD