Anyone else having this issue? I've opened all of my unread texts yet it keeps showing the notification of ONE unread.
    10-16-12 10:37 AM
    Yes. I think this is a bug in 2.1. Annoying! I think it was mentioned in the summary thread of the 2.1 thread. You might check it out.
    10-16-12 04:59 PM
    I havent had the issue with texts. But I had to disable the red LED because it kept blinking and blinking even after I had already checked the message. Same goes for the red glow. Keeps glowing even after its checked even though the email envelope or bbm icon is gone already. One bandaid work around solution to the constant glow was to swipe up so app becomes smaller active window. then swipe down on desktop to reveal options panel. after i minimize options the glow goes away. my phone LED once and a while blinks even after I have checked it. Maybe once a month, not often.
    10-16-12 05:02 PM
    Anyone else having this issue? I've opened all of my unread texts yet it keeps showing the notification of ONE unread.
    Check my pass post about this problem. It worked for me and a few others.
    10-16-12 07:28 PM
    Wrong Contact for Text Message? - My issue is when I go into my Bridge Text messages, it associates the text message with someone else in my address book. I can see the true sender for about a second, then it switches to someone else in my contact list. Very annoying and makes this update USELESS
    10-28-12 12:07 PM
    I have also had the errant unread text message.

I tried resetting the PB without success.

However, I turned off BB Bridge FROM THE PHONE, waited until my PB showed it was no longer connected, then restarted bridge on my phone. When the reconnected...SUCCESS!
    natshome and nfcowboy like this.
    12-13-12 09:46 PM
    I didn't want to start a new thread for this because I thought I'd seen one already but this is the closest I could find (even though it's a few months old).

I have a new message icon showing constantly, even though I have opened all messages. Is this just a bug? While like Blackberry Bridge it does seem quite buggy....
    12-29-12 04:23 PM
    Like I've said on a previous post. Try uninstalling BB Bridge then re-installing.
    12-29-12 04:50 PM
    Yeah, tried that. I'm going down the wipe and re-install route while I still have very little on the PB in the way of apps etc.

12-29-12 06:40 PM
    Make sure you are on latest bridge and pb os. You might even need to update your phone os, I havent seen this since updating phone.
    12-29-12 06:54 PM
    Bug is still around (March 2014)...My PB has this problem
    04-01-14 03:57 PM
    This just started bothering me today. Wow, it's been around this long, a 2012 thread.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:57 PM
    I just started getting it within the past week and finally googled it... I followed what post #6 did... Went in on my Z10, disabled bridge until they disconnected, then turned bridge back on again. They auto reconnected and my unread txt was no longer!

Thanks to Cowboy_Em (no relation, lol)
    04-26-14 06:07 AM
    Ive had the problem for the last two years!!!
    I finally... Just tonight.... Figured it out. The unread text message icon being stuck on the playbook when there are actually not any unread texts is caused by a drafted text message that has not been sent.
    Example: someone sends you a text, you click on it, and start to reply but for some reason you do not send. After 24 hours the message will, for some odd reason, show up on the playbook over blackberry bridge as an unread text.
    Praise Jah i found the solution!!! As soon as i went through and deleted those unsent text messages the notifications went away immediately.
    05-02-14 03:53 AM
    OK, similar to above but, on phone scrolled down to find OLD text conversations which had deleted content due to TIME ELAPSED or mobile numbers NO LONGER IN USE. These were showing as active!!! Select each in turn and then bottom right MORE option and then END CHAT!! No need to disconnect BRIDGE, just listen and watch the indicator go down!!! MAGIC !!!!!

08-13-14 05:26 AM
    Truth is there IS an unread message somewhere. With my curve I had to search or new messages and found one that indicated new although I had read others from that sender after that still new one. I discovered that unsent messages show as new as well. And one that I could not find did eventually drop off after about 30 says when it was auto deleted by my z30. It can be daunting to find but if it indicates a new message. It is there. Somewhere.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 07:54 AM