I miss the email and sms functionality of the Bridge as much as anyone but the file management, Bridge browsing and remote functions are improved since I have upgraded to a Z10. Don't know why anyone would say it's useless unless all you use it for are the functions that were removed. Hopefully the missing functions will be restored but until then I am still able to use about 50% of the functionality I had before.
    What? I repeat what?
    04-26-13 01:06 PM
    What? I repeat what?
    More like 20percent

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-26-13 03:28 PM
    Was the update on you play book or phone?

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    The pb doesn't get separate bridge updates. Um those disappointed about it being for the Q wouldn't the Z be included for 10.1?
    04-26-13 03:45 PM
    i got a notification through my Z10...
    04-26-13 03:53 PM
    Yep... Back in business Playbook and Z10 are friends again.
    Well yeah OS10.1.0.1483 had the download bug fixed...
    04-26-13 03:59 PM
    What? I repeat what?
    Let's see. I lost email, BBM, text, PIM and calendar. I still have bridge browsing, remote control, presentation mode, file access from PlayBook to phone and open on PlayBook. Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 45%.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-13 04:00 PM
    I miss the email and sms functionality of the Bridge as much as anyone but the file management, Bridge browsing and remote functions are improved since I have upgraded to a Z10. Don't know why anyone would say it's useless unless all you use it for are the functions that were removed. Hopefully the missing functions will be restored but until then I am still able to use about 50% of the functionality I had before.
    How are they improved?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 04:51 PM
    Let's see. I lost email, BBM, text, PIM and calendar. I still have bridge browsing, remote control, presentation mode, file access from PlayBook to phone and open on PlayBook. Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say 45%.

Posted via CB10
    It is going to get better but I am surprised that this functionality was removed im the first place. After all both playbook and z10 os are essentially the same so it should be easy to get it work properly with z10.

sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 04:55 PM
    How are they improved?

Browsing is faster especially when you have LTE. The remote function and presentation mode functions are faster, more responsive.
    04-26-13 05:03 PM
    It is going to get better but I am surprised that this functionality was removed im the first place. After all both playbook and z10 os are essentially the same so it should be easy to get it work properly with z10.

I was surprised too but in hindsight I can see they would have to revamp the functions to interface with the hub and with remember. Disappointed in the loss of functionality but hopefully it will be even better in the long run. At least there is enough functionality left to make it worth my while.
    04-26-13 05:10 PM
    Oh in that case I'm very sorry and I do beg your forgiveness however my phone has never notified me and still didn't notify me on this occasion so therefore my statement IS justified!!!!!!!

Perhaps it could be something specific about models of the Z10 eh? I have the STL 100-2 which one do you have?
    Mine is the STL100 - 2 as well, have you got your notifications disabled? Maybe your Z10's are on strike due to not enough lovin'! Try rubbin' them the RIGHT way, hehe!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-26-13 06:03 PM
    Mine is the STL100 - 2 as well, have you got your notifications disabled? Maybe your Z10's are on strike due to not enough lovin'! Try rubbin' them the RIGHT way, hehe!
    I am definitely worried about you now? They work its just that I get them after I have searched app world for updates and installed them. Like yesterday, read the thread on here, checked my Z10 no updates, open application world and see the little red star in my world, close application, still no notification, open application world and install upgrade, close application, violla bing bing bing I get a notification that the app I just upgraded has an available upgrade?

Good eh? Bet you wish your phone did that?
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    04-27-13 06:34 AM
    we all used it for the functions that were removed.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-13 06:45 AM
    we all used it for the functions that were removed.
    I understand that. So did I. I'm just glad it's not a total loss for me. I'm also hopeful that eventually we'll get equal or better functionality at some point. I wonder how many of us who have upgraded have contacted BlackBerry directly to let them know we want the Bridge functionality back?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-27-13 08:51 AM
    nothing updated found in my bb9000
    04-27-13 08:02 PM
    nothing updated found in my bb9000
    That's because it was only for the Z10
    04-28-13 06:18 AM
    That's because it was only for the Z10
    It was actually for the Q10 but it's not been released yet! Good eh?
    04-28-13 06:44 AM
    It was actually for the Q10 but it's not been released yet! Good eh?
    Now go get the Q10 so that the next update will happen when Aristo is release.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 09:38 AM
    Now go get the Q10 so that the next update will happen when Aristo is release.
    Is the Q10 running OS10 = yes. I would rather cut off my left testical, middle finger of both hands, play hide and seek in the snow with a polar bear like what F2 does (seen him doing it), go on holiday to cincinnati or take a little green intelligent hairy gooseberry into my cellar than buy another OS10 piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-28-13 09:52 AM
    Is the Q10 running OS10 = yes. I would rather cut off my left testical, middle finger of both hands, play hide and seek in the snow with a polar bear like what F2 does (seen him doing it), go on holiday to cincinnati or take a little green intelligent hairy gooseberry into my cellar than buy another OS10 piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I missed it somewhere in your brandy induced ramblings but why are you punishing yourself? Go buy something you like.
    I just bought a new trimmer for the yard. Why you ask? Because the other one sucked. That reminds me, I have to go find the homelite forums so I can tell them what a horrible product it has become. I'm sure they would be interested.
    04-28-13 10:09 AM
    Maybe I missed it somewhere in your brandy induced ramblings but why are you punishing yourself? Go buy something you like.
    I just bought a new trimmer for the yard. Why you ask? Because the other one sucked. That reminds me, I have to go find the homelite forums so I can tell them what a horrible product it has become. I'm sure they would be interested.
    Go buy something you like. I did, my playbook?
    Why you ask? I know I'm thick but I'm not stupid? (get back to you on that one) Mmmmmmmm let me think now?????? Oh I know, is it because you have a garden?

Now there was I thinking that someone of your esteem and obvious intelligence would live in a pad where you have your own gardeners? Silly me!!!!!!!!
    04-28-13 10:38 AM
    Okay, you should not be having brandy and pasties in your cellar bumping around with all those implements. You might not like the Q10 or Z10 , you still need your digits to poke at what other devices you decided to settle on and rant at their forums As for loosing a nut, at your age all you need is one. Beside you are bigger nut than the one you gonna loose anyway. Now, don't mind me as I slowly backing away.............:P
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 10:49 AM
    Okay, you should not be having brandy and pasties in your cellar bumping around with all those implements. You might not like the Q10 or Z10 , you still need your digits to poke at what other devices you decided to settle on and rant at their forums As for loosing a nut, at your age all you need is one. Beside you are bigger nut than the one you gonna loose anyway. Now, don't mind me as I slowly backing away.............:P
    OMG one day I will get you moggy!!!!! Staying on a technical note though (ha ha) please explain 'implements', 'decided' (never made a decision in my life? Is that not what you employ staff for?) and 'settle'?. Oh forget that last one because at last I've got your furry bum! Settle is in the glorious third world country commonly known as 'the UK of England and other bits stuck on to it at the top and bottom'.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    04-28-13 11:06 AM
    OMG one day I will get you moggy!!!!! Staying on a technical note though (ha ha) please explain 'implements', 'decided' (never made a decision in my life? Is that not what you employ staff for?) and 'settle'?. Oh forget that last one because at last I've got your furry bum! Settle is in the glorious third world country commonly known as 'the UK of England and other bits stuck on to it at the top and bottom'.
    Why do you build me up , pasty crust, just to break me down and mess me around......: )
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-28-13 11:25 AM
    Now there was I thinking that someone of your esteem and obvious intelligence would live in a pad where you have your own gardeners? Silly me!!!!!!!!
    No I'm poor and stupid but I will ponder how I can better myself. Probably as I sit on my sit on my patio staring at my manicured LAWN(tip for Cincinnati)and garden. It's a beautiful day here in NE amerrrrca. Flowers in bloom. The smell of fresh cut grass and satisfaction of a job well done. Think I will go get some rib eyes. I hope you enjoyed your Sunday as much as I am going to.
    04-28-13 11:55 AM
51 123