I dont know about you guys but I think it is really cool how the playbook and blackberry devices work together I keep my devices paired at all times, but I feel that there is still a lot rim can do to improve upon what they started with bridge when they originally released it. Starting with the playbook bbm app I think the text under the app icon should acctually say "BlackBerry Messenger" not "bbm" Im not sure why but that has always bugged me. The bbm app needs to be improved its glitchy as fix the damn notification thing please rim! I think that the other existing bridge apps are very good. In a future bridge update I would like to see increased interconectivity between devices like being able to read and send texts on my playbook, and even make and recive phone calls on the playbook .... ok I can understand if we never get phone calls Im not sure if it would be possible with the bluetooth but texts would be cool, I would settle for texts. Rim needs to make it easier to transfer files (pictures,music) between playbook and blackberry currently the only way I know how to do this is by emailing my self the file and open it on the other device.

I know that with bb remote rim is taking a step in the right direction adding more functionality, which is great it shows that bridge is something they will be supporting for a long time and not just a gimmik. Anyway what do you guys think any cool bridge features you would like to see added?

oh and I would also like to see a bridge brickbreaker that would be the coolest thing ever
    Last edited by soren203; 02-02-12 at 11:43 PM.
    02-02-12 11:40 PM
    oh and I would also like to see a bridge brickbreaker that would be the coolest thing ever
    haha, that would rock!
    02-03-12 12:45 AM
    A-gps over bridge.
    02-03-12 01:15 AM
    With the Bridge enabling phones to operate as remote keyboard and trackpad, why not release a client for PC/Mac that allows a BB to be remotes for them too (via BT)? Encourages people to stick to BB.
    02-03-12 01:57 AM
    Be able to watch videos stored on my phone on the playbook!
    02-03-12 06:34 AM
    With the Bridge enabling phones to operate as remote keyboard and trackpad, why not release a client for PC/Mac that allows a BB to be remotes for them too (via BT)? Encourages people to stick to BB.
    Splashtop! You can use your computer through your pb. It's pretty sweet, pretty much remote desktop.
    02-03-12 06:36 AM
    Thats kind of what I was thinking when writing the post
    02-03-12 06:38 AM
    Splashtop! You can use your computer through your pb. It's pretty sweet, pretty much remote desktop.

That's using your PC via your PB. I meant using your PC via your phone. Touchscreen as trackpad/mouse pointer, keyboard as....keyboard. Particularly good for presentations.
    02-03-12 06:49 AM
    I can do that now with the beta software. Function is limited by bluetooth bandwidth though. SD TV shows play fine. I get about a 10 second buffer then the show will play through without stopping.
    02-03-12 07:19 AM
    Rim needs to make it easier to transfer files (pictures,music) between playbook and blackberry currently the only way I know how to do this is by emailing my self the file and open it on the other device.
    Agreed I would like the send to option on the phones to include the PB. That may have to wait for the next generation of phones though.
    You can use files and folders to transfer files between devices. It's a paid app but worth it in my opinion. There is a free one too. File browser should be the name.
    02-03-12 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD