wow...this really twisted my nerves last night when it happened to me! watching youtube vids and suddenly "blimp", whole system shuts down n couldnt turn on.
    that 10 sec rule helped....i was crossing my fingers that rim wasnt a let down, it's my first BB product.
    08-01-11 10:35 AM
    I had the same prob yesterday. It froze, crashed and wouldn't turn on anymore. Also wouldnt charger anymore...
    Tried the shortcuts as previously said here. On/off button 10sec, all 3 buttons 10sec etc. Nothing. Then pushed power button like 3 or 5 times hard with my nail and i saw the red light come on! Plugged my charger in again and its working again.
    08-26-11 04:04 AM
    This doesn't seem to work?

I've had the exact same problem. All my friends with iPads are laughing at me
    In a cafe yesterday and two people close by kept asking me if i was losing wifi connection. I wasn't. They said it must be the lousy wifi service. Interesting as I had no problem.
    08-27-11 08:48 AM
    Any other suggestions?
    During wifi session my PB losked up.
    Tried 10 sec power button hold, all 3 button hold, connected to DM, connedted to AC charger. Nothing works. This is the first issue with my PB since purchase in April.
    08-27-11 09:04 AM
    I was using my Playbook and got the blue screen of death. It shut off and wouldn't restart. I thought maybe the battery was low, so I tried to charge it but the red light wouldn't even come on.

Solution: Pressed the Power and "Vol -" buttons down for 10 seconds and released. The red light came back on and it started up normally.
    08-28-11 08:01 PM
    I had this same problem guys. The new bridge update messed things up. Hard reset does nothing.

Do a desktop manager OS reload.

Problem solved and I'm using my awesome updated PB.
    08-28-11 11:11 PM
    I am unable to even do a desktop manager OS reload. I keep getting an error message
    09-23-11 04:50 PM
    I am unable to even do a desktop manager OS reload. I keep getting an error message
    Haven't read each post, so if already suggested, ignore this: Have you tried rebooting by holding down the power/volume up/volume down keys simultaneously?
    09-24-11 01:02 PM
    Haven't read each post, so if already suggested, ignore this: Have you tried rebooting by holding down the power/volume up/volume down keys simultaneously?
    Yep. I have tried every method listed except calling Blackberry for an exchange.
    09-24-11 01:41 PM
    Thanks Crackberry people. Mine froze this morning and I had to turn it off and then there was nothing. I thought it might be toast. But I tried the suggestion to do a hard reboot and it worked the second time I saw the red light.
    Anyway I came here first before I got on the phone with tech support and i got my answer in 10 seconds. The information and helop here is phenomenal.
    10-23-11 12:59 PM
    Hard reset. Hold power and both up and down volume buttons. Worked for me.
    01-07-13 05:57 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD