So this is what happened

1) Got the bridge to work. Sent emails. Was playing around
    2) It crashed in the middle and the entire device crashed/froze.
    3) Nothing worked, so decided to turn off the device
    4) Now it won't turn on again at all. Anyone have a similar problem?

I'm on hold now with technical support.
    04-19-11 09:39 AM
    The folly of being an early adopter. But then again, you get play with it, and others don't.
    04-19-11 09:42 AM
    were you on wifi with bridge enabled?
    04-19-11 09:53 AM
    What is the button sequence for a hard reset, if there is one?
    04-19-11 10:01 AM
    What is the button sequence for a hard reset, if there is one?
    Power button for 10 seconds. I also heard holding all 3 buttons (power + volume up + volume down) as method of hard reset

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MarkRCohen and RichardZA like this.
    04-19-11 10:03 AM
    Power button for 10 seconds. I also heard holding all 3 buttons (power + volume up + volume down) as method of hard reset

This doesn't seem to work?

I've had the exact same problem. All my friends with iPads are laughing at me
    05-05-11 03:47 AM
    You may need to connect it to your Desktop manager and then try to do the (Power button + Vol Up + Vol Down)

Hopefully the DM debricks your tablet.

Cheers,
    05-05-11 03:55 AM
    In my case power button + Vol Up + Vol Down solve the problem. No need DM.
    Thank you all for this help.
    05-24-11 04:23 PM
    This doesn't seem to work?

I've had the exact same problem. All my friends with iPads are laughing at me
    let them laugh.
    05-24-11 04:41 PM
    when that happened to me, i held down the power button for 10 seconds and the unit powered back up.

i too was pissing my pants thinking that i bricked my new pb!!!
    05-24-11 08:01 PM
    Count slowly 1-Missississippi, the 1st 2 x's I did it I counted too fast the 3rd time I went slowly and the red light came on and it powered up-

Opus2112 likes this.
    06-21-11 09:07 PM
    I have had this happen twice now, and in both instances if you just give it a few minutes (5 ish) the device will power up without a hard reset, or any button combinations. As far as I can see this does no good, but if you find that it does, please let me know. I am always looking for shortcuts.

Hope everyone finds this helpful.
    Last edited by Opus2112; 07-14-11 at 03:06 PM.
    07-14-11 03:03 PM
    remove the battery and insert it again... gosh, we can't remove the battery huh? ok, try to charge it for 30 mins... if you see the green light, it is a good indication that your playbook will start by just pressing the "power button"... otherwise, keep holding the "reset" button for 10 sec...
    07-14-11 04:33 PM
    Same has just happened to me. Here's where I'm at:
    -Plugged it in.
    -pressed power button for at least 10 seconds
    -Red light came on
    -Red light stayed on for a bit (approx 1 min?) and then turned off again
    Now what???

Anyone know what the warranty period is? I bought on release day.

Thanks!
    07-15-11 09:33 AM
    Press and hold the button again. The OS is practically indestructible.
    07-15-11 09:38 AM
    The device has a ONE YEAR warranty if purchased new.

Might also try the reset/reboot sequence - press and hold all three - PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Leave it charge for half to full hour.
    07-15-11 10:16 AM
    The device has a ONE YEAR warranty if purchased new.

Might also try the reset/reboot sequence - press and hold all three - PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Leave it charge for half to full hour.
    Thanks for your speedy replies! So I've tried the reset/boot sequence and still the solid red light comes on for several minutes but no screen. I've had it plugged in for hours now since the reset attempt. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by crack_me_up; 07-15-11 at 04:30 PM.
    07-15-11 04:28 PM
    Are you sure that the power button is being activated? To be sure, get a pen cap or something soft and make sure that it is depressed and held in the contact position for, say, 10 seconds straight. That there is light means that there is activity. The nature of the QNX OS is that is extremely robust. Failure of all normal reboot procedures means a hardware failure to me.
    07-15-11 06:23 PM
    Yes, because the red light will come on if I press and hold for at least 10 seconds. It's the fact that the light comes on and stays on for a while but nothing on the screen whatsoever. You may be right...this may be a hardware failure
    07-15-11 06:51 PM
    Could be that your PB is not charging. USB it. Does/did the battery get warm when charging?
    07-15-11 06:58 PM
    Thanks for all the advice. Tried 2 different chargers and USB into PC and still no luck. I just can't seem to bring the screen back to life. So after 1.5 hrs on the phone with BB "support" they have issued a RMA # to send it back.
    07-16-11 09:20 PM
    I am having the same problem. Only after the red light comes on, it flashes green 5 times. I've tried the desktop manager and it has asked to reload the software, which I did. I know it communicated because it asked for my PB password. After a sync, the problem still exists. Does anyone have a solution? Maybe a phone number for Tech Support for me?

Thanks.
    07-24-11 12:26 AM
    I am having the same problem. Only after the red light comes on, it flashes green 5 times. I've tried the desktop manager and it has asked to reload the software, which I did. I know it communicated because it asked for my PB password. After a sync, the problem still exists. Does anyone have a solution? Maybe a phone number for Tech Support for me?

Thanks.
    After spending 50 minutes on the phone with RIM Tech Support, it was determined that my battery charger is not putting out enough power and that the PB battery was completely dead. I've had it on charge for a few hours now with the phone charger and all seems back to normal.
    07-24-11 09:31 PM
    So here's how my situation was resolved...
    BB issued a return authorization and sent me a shipping box. I brought it to a FedEx outlet last Wed around 5pm. Monday morning FedEx dropped off a brand new PB. Unfortunately since the unit is completely different I have lost a few pictures and videos I didn't want to lose However, I have to give them credit for a very speedy resolution once the RMA was issued. However, they didn't really send any explanation or anything...just the PB.

Moral of the story (and after reading the above post)..I would caution anyone about leaving their PB in standby too long or letting the charge get too low... I suspect my battery died while in standby. (just a guess)
    07-26-11 09:03 PM
    So here's how my situation was resolved...
    BB issued a return authorization and sent me a shipping box. I brought it to a FedEx outlet last Wed around 5pm. Monday morning FedEx dropped off a brand new PB. Unfortunately since the unit is completely different I have lost a few pictures and videos I didn't want to lose However, I have to give them credit for a very speedy resolution once the RMA was issued. However, they didn't really send any explanation or anything...just the PB.

Moral of the story (and after reading the above post)..I would caution anyone about leaving their PB in standby too long or letting the charge get too low... I suspect my battery died while in standby. (just a guess)
    It does make little beeps when the battery gets down to about 9%. You have to be nearby & have the volume up enough, though. Battery life is probably my biggest complaint with the PB - even over native email.

But, RIM has been pretty good about addressing hardware and software issues for me, so far.
    07-28-11 03:49 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD