Guys and Gals,
    I have a brand new playbook and I can't connect to the bridge. I paired it but when I try to connect to web i get this error stating my wireless plans need to have a tethering plan. I have unlimited internet on my phone. here is a picture of it
    09-22-11 01:29 PM
    This is because ATT messed around with the bridge feature, so you can use everything but the browser, because they don't like the fact it evaded their tethering plans. However, you can install the non-ATT bridge version (here) to get it all to work without having to shed out extra money to ATT
    09-22-11 01:42 PM
    Yup, the OTA link in the thread gtpointer provided works. I've been using them since at&t started pulling this nonsense when the PB first came out. I call it a subtle middle finger at those miserable bastiges, which is about my only recourse because it would cost me too much to leave them for another carrier.

And be thankful you missed the earlier buggy releases of the bridge. First time out the bridge browser was just about unusable; but with this latest version, it's solid and prettty darn quick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-11 01:59 PM
    thnks guys got it working.
    09-22-11 07:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD