I had no problem connecting to Bridge. Sadly, whether I'm connected or not, or the bridge tab is still there, and whether connected or not it's blank. There's no contacts, messages, or whatever underneath. I'm connecting with an 8530 but that shouldn't make a difference.

Anyone?
    04-19-11 03:23 PM
    I had no problem connecting to Bridge. Sadly, whether I'm connected or not, or the bridge tab is still there, and whether connected or not it's blank. There's no contacts, messages, or whatever underneath. I'm connecting with an 8530 but that shouldn't make a difference.

Anyone?
    u r not the only one...i think its one of the "bugs" that will be addressed by RIM....
    even after i turn off the bridge, i can still see the tab and all the bridge icons...i find it stupid 'cause these icons are essentially useless when the bridge is off...

i like the pb, but i think rim needs some time to brush out some of these minor bugs...
    04-19-11 03:40 PM
    I'm okay with "adjustments," but bugs like this aren't good. If I recall correctly, the Apple's App store went online well after the iPad was released. The stand-alone email etc doesn't bother me because it's already on my phone. But Bridge...ooh...that smarts.

Anyway, I'm happy I'm not the only one, but sad that any of us have to put up with it. I'm sure it'll be addressed, just not soon enough.
    04-19-11 03:51 PM
    As an update...I tried two approaches to setting up bridge. First I did the install in the setup routine (with the tutorials etc). Then I wiped the unit and installed just from the settings screen. Same result either way (I just thought maybe the setup in the automated welcome/intro process might have been doing something funky).

The only thing funky right now is Bridge itself.
    04-19-11 03:56 PM
    u r not the only one...i think its one of the "bugs" that will be addressed by RIM....
    even after i turn off the bridge, i can still see the tab and all the bridge icons...i find it stupid 'cause these icons are essentially useless when the bridge is off...
    During Kevin's video, after disconnecting, when he clicked the faded icons, the bridge connected again.
    04-19-11 04:00 PM
    It shows I'm connected, and I get the tab, but not the icons. And when I disconnect, the tab is persistent.

I was really hoping it would go as smoothly as Kevin's demo...but then again, the demo units may get some extra attention from the engineers. :-/

I know I have an older phone (8530), but it really should just work...wouldn't you think?
    04-19-11 04:06 PM
    i'm having this exact problem with no luck. everything is paired up correctly. it gives me the option to disconnect, yet the blackberry bridge icons don't show up!
    04-19-11 04:06 PM
    Just tried it.

Turned on the bridge and bluetooth on my Storm.
    Clicked Blackberry Bridge on my playbook.
    It showed my icons,
    Clicked one of them and it asked if wanted to turn on bluetooth.
    Answered yes and I'm bridged.
    04-19-11 04:19 PM
    I wonder if it's a security issue. Clicking the bridge icon always shows its locked as default (unlocking doesn't seem to help at all). I know it's probably a software issue (the Playbook is picking up the saved wifi networks list from my phone), but Bridge itself is kind of having a stroke.
    04-19-11 04:48 PM
    After a lot of testing, it's clear there are some issues between BB's and Bridge. My 8530 will pair and connect, but the bridge tab never goes away and icons never appear. I wiped the PB and then paired with my wife's 9700. Paired like a charm AND the tab appeared/disappeared and the icons were there and all the apps ran as expected.

Clearly there are issues with various models of BBs and how reliable/stable they are with bridge. I hear rumors of a late night (tonight) update. If that's the case I'll check again in the morning and see what comes of it.
    04-19-11 11:37 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Talked with support for two hours. Nothing. I have an 8530 as well.
    04-24-11 07:59 AM
    that happened to me last night and all I did was restart my pb and it was perfectly fine again
    04-24-11 08:36 AM
    Same problem here with an 8530 curve. Connects fine to bridge, but there are never any apps under the Bridge Apps tab. My wife's phone connects up fine. I've tried it on several different playbooks, and the behaviour is the same on all of them, so it's definitely something in my phone.
    04-28-11 01:51 AM
    I fixed mine! Upgraded to 6.0 on a 9330. Connected perfect right away and all the apps showed.
    04-29-11 05:13 AM
    I had the same issue after I upgraded my Tourch OS. This fixed the problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=609038
    04-29-11 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD