Hi,

Long time lurker first time poster.

I've noticed this question appears to not of been asked or answered to my knowledge so I thought I'd ask here.

If I were to buy a playbook from the US and ship it over here to Australia will I be able to download the bridge app even though the playbook hasn't been released here yet or will I have to wait till it gets a local release?

If the latter is the case it might put me off buying one till there is a local release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 12:04 AM
    I've just been searching the forums for this exact topic! After following the QR code in another thread to the Bridge app I see the ominous sign that no country outside the US or Canada is listed as supported. I know the app isn't officially 'live' yet but I am still worried.

Even more so as I already have a 16gb on pre-order to be shipped via my cousin in Canada! Would be most embarrassing if it arrives and I can't use the Bridge feature until everyone else in Aus can purchase the tablet...

Will keep an eye on this one and post if I find something.
    04-19-11 12:11 AM
    No idea because I can't download the bridge app in canada right now. Why not just wait a few days and make sure you are able to download and install the bridge app before you make any decisions?

04-19-11 12:11 AM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs.../19435?lang=en

I don't see Australia in the country's supported
    04-19-11 12:13 AM
    That's no good, might have to wait till it releases in Aus then

04-19-11 01:44 AM
    It's not looking good, previously the app download page had a note saying something along the lines of "app will be released with the launch of the PlayBook". That has now disappeared when I follow the link.

Hopefully someone on the AT&T bridge issues thread can post the cod files and we can try them out.
    04-19-11 01:50 AM
    I have just tried to download it via app world on my computer,I signed in with my Blackberry ID and it says it not available for my phone or carrier in my country(UK)..

I just placed a call to blackberry technical support in UK the person I spoke to said its shouldn't be more than a week but he has sent a message to RIM and he will emailed me as soon as he gets a reply back. We can use everything else at the moment but the Blackberry bridge..hope this helps.
    04-19-11 04:11 AM
    try to use the cods i uploaded... i might work

http://forums.crackberry.com/f222/br...inside-605837/
    smurf80 likes this.
    04-19-11 04:14 AM
    i hope it will work. It would be a big oversight by rim imho... An enterprise could have oversea offices, using the local carriers for bes etc.

04-19-11 04:43 AM
    Unfortunately I tried those and it doesn't seem to work. First I used the zip file that Penpower uploaded. The Bridge said it installed but I can't find it anywhere in my downloads, application etc folders. Just doesn't seem to exist.

Then I tried the alx file you very kindly posted but in DM it gave me an error about the files not being compatible. Looks like we are still out in the cold sadly.
    04-19-11 04:44 AM
    I have just tried to download it via app world on my computer,I signed in with my Blackberry ID and it says it not available for my phone or carrier in my country(UK)..

I just placed a call to blackberry technical support in UK the person I spoke to said its shouldn't be more than a week but he has sent a message to RIM and he will emailed me as soon as he gets a reply back. We can use everything else at the moment but the Blackberry bridge..hope this helps.
    Interested to hear about Bridge for UK too .. I'm getting a friend to bring me one back from USA next week.
    04-19-11 05:23 AM
    I've managed to download and install Bridge on my 9700 OS 6.0.0.448 (using the leaked CODs), on Orange in the UK - obviously no idea if it will work with the Playbook as I don't have one yet.
    The only issue I had was the version of BBM I had installed needed to be updated (this was the latest version available in App World). I had to sign up to Beta Zone and download the version from there, this resolved the issue.
    04-19-11 05:53 AM
    Finally got it working! The link on the main news page of Crackberry installed on my Storm 9520 on the second attempt (got an invalid COD file the first time). Try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yBridgeOS5.jad and see how you go.

Of course, I have no idea if the app will actually pair my phone with a PlayBook but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. No pun intended.
    04-19-11 06:06 PM
    I was able to install BB bridge on my Storm 2 GSM with BB app world, now just waiting for my pb to arrive, it should be in the mail by the end of the month >.<
    04-19-11 07:02 PM
    The extra wait is agony. Mine won't be shipped until the 27th April according to my confirmation order so I'm looking at mid May to get mine. Sob.
    04-19-11 08:51 PM
    Hi, i also live in australia and just downloaded Blackberry bridge from American blackberry appworld straight onto my torch and it seems to be working fine.
    However i'm not sure if warranty and updates would work on the playbook in australia. If anyone knows that would be great as i'm considering getting one sent other.
    Thanks
    04-20-11 01:24 AM
    I am considering getting one shipped from US too, if bridge doesnt work then i will have to change my mind :/
    04-20-11 09:48 AM
    I am considering getting one shipped from US too, if bridge doesnt work then i will have to change my mind :/
    It will still work on wifi and I'd expect BB to add to counties supported soon or possibly workarounds will be avaliable.
    04-20-11 09:59 AM
    Anyone have an update on this? I'm thinking about getting one brought over to Perth.

05-09-11 05:14 AM
    Bridge to ****. My bridge only work for email n bbm. Bridge browser is slow. Maybe because of my carrier, but i can't see it anywhere fast. Crash often.
    05-09-11 06:07 AM
    Bridge works fine with my 9780 BIS connected on Optus.
    05-09-11 06:08 AM
    Here in Indonesia you can download the BB Bridge app from the App World. No problem. Even though Indonesia is not yet officially supported, its one of the biggest markets for RIM and they seem to know that.
    05-09-11 06:11 AM
    Here in Indonesia you can download the BB Bridge app from the App World. No problem. Even though Indonesia is not yet officially supported, its one of the biggest markets for RIM and they seem to know that.
    Yeah i got torch update and bbm update yesterday from telkomsel. But the bridge browser is still garbage. Oz got better carriers and less crowded hence possibly better signaland data quality.
    05-09-11 06:16 AM
    I too was able to install the Bridge App. I have an AT&T branded 9800 (Yes, I was too impatient to wait for the AUS release of this phone as well), with the .546 (latest) version firmware and Telstra BIS. I simply downloaded it from App World. I haven't received my Playbook though, I will sometime within the next fortnight. I shall report back!

I can try locate the .cod file and upload it to see if that works? (Can someone post a quick guide on how to do this?)
    Last edited by dpala1; 05-09-11 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake.
    05-09-11 07:27 AM
    Next fortnight we should be way deep into next update. Poor you. Haha!
    05-09-11 07:31 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD