Here is the screen capture showing the options.

Attachment 103439
    Do these options work? Have you tried them?

I also do not have a Playbook, but I found a way around this:

1. Using a program such as QuickLaunch, add an application entry and choose 'net_rim_bb_remote_control_app' as the program to launch.

2. Turn on bluetooth and pair with the device you wish to remote control.

3. Launch your new shortcut, you will receive the message stating that 'No paired blackberry playbook was found', you should see the bluetooth name of the remote device in the upper right-hand corner. Don't click OK, but press the escape / back button instead. You will receive a message asking if you wish to disconnect from whichever device, select 'cancel' and remote control should then work!

I've tried this successfully with an Android 3.2 tablet and a Windows 7 PC, the Android tablet worked fine over and over again, however, I found the Windows 7 PC to be finicky. The key is to check the top right hand corner of the remote control display to see if the device is connected before continuing.

Russ.
    Adding a link to this post on the first post, thanks.
    02-22-12 10:31 AM
    Has anyone found any shortcuts that I haven't?
    02-22-12 02:12 PM
    So, what I have found is that if I connect my BB to my laptop and then start up the "remote control" app I can control my laptop using my BB. So the Function, Navigation, Misc, alt, shift, windows menu options all seem to work with my laptop.
    02-22-12 02:56 PM
    I read all the other users experience of Remote controlling a Windows 7 PC, but I can only get this once . After I disconnect my Win 7 PC, the remote control app would not work anymore .
    Can somebody teach me the step by step guide to remotely control a Win 7 PC ?
    02-22-12 04:08 PM
    Android apps are ported apps that in a way "become" PlayBook Apps. So to answer your question, you can't switch between android apps since there technically are non, you won't even know you are using an android app. You can only switch between apps like normally.
    So I was wrong, I checked and found the answer, if you do a downwards swipe, you get a menu on the bottom of the screen, it will list the apps open and also a switch which can keep the bottom menu on screen is you wish.
    caquito07 likes this.
    02-22-12 05:17 PM
    So I was wrong, I checked and found the answer, if you do a downwards swipe, you get a menu on the bottom of the screen, it will list the apps open and also a switch which can keep the bottom menu on screen is you wish.
    I just don't get why some open in a separate android player and others will be played on the same one. I have Twitter-CNN-IMDB running on one, but if I open Cut the Rope it will go to a new android player.
    02-22-12 05:23 PM
    I just don't get why some open in a separate android player and others will be played on the same one. I have Twitter-CNN-IMDB running on one, but if I open Cut the Rope it will go to a new android player.
    hmm... not sure about that one. Anyone have the answer?
    02-22-12 06:17 PM
    hmm... not sure about that one. Anyone have the answer?
    I had it all wrong, I sideloaded Cut the Ropes, but it is a native app, that is why it shows on another instance.
    02-22-12 06:20 PM
    I had it all wrong, I sideloaded Cut the Ropes, but it is a native app, that is why it shows on another instance.
    Makes sense. I'm just starting to try Android apps sideloading now its pretty cool.
    02-22-12 06:25 PM
    added a few more functions for those who are new this is also a post bump
    02-22-12 08:20 PM
    I tried to add motorola xoom to remote control in Bold 9900 how as shown in the video.

But Bold write form me "No new device found... "

how to be paired, maybe can help me?

thanx.
    02-23-12 09:17 AM

1. Using a program such as QuickLaunch, add an application entry and choose 'net_rim_bb_remote_control_app' as the program to launch.

3. Launch your new shortcut, you will receive the message stating that 'No paired blackberry playbook was found', you should see the bluetooth name of the remote device in the upper right-hand corner. Don't click OK, but press the escape / back button instead. You will receive a message asking if you wish to disconnect from whichever device, select 'cancel' and remote control should then work!

I've tried this successfully with an Android 3.2 tablet and a Windows 7 PC, the Android tablet worked fine over and over again, however, I found the Windows 7 PC to be finicky. The key is to check the top right hand corner of the remote control display to see if the device is connected before continuing.

Russ.

This is not working for me on the Asus transformer tablet. I got the two paired, added the app link with quicklaunch. But in the upper right corner it's saying "connection is broken". So escape will close the app.
    I can't find if the tablet with latest firmware (3.2.x) is working with Bluetooth HID.
    I didn't test it on a computer with bluetooth (doesn't have a bluetooth dongle).
    02-23-12 10:49 AM
    This is not working for me on the Asus transformer tablet. I got the two paired, added the app link with quicklaunch. But in the upper right corner it's saying "connection is broken". So escape will close the app.
    I can't find if the tablet with latest firmware (3.2.x) is working with Bluetooth HID.
    I didn't test it on a computer with bluetooth (doesn't have a bluetooth dongle).
    Check under the Bluetooth settings for your BlackBerry on the Tablet, you can expand the section and there is a checkbox for enabling / disabling HID control (Sorry to be general with the description, but I don't have my tablet with me atm).
    02-23-12 02:04 PM
    I read all the other users experience of Remote controlling a Windows 7 PC, but I can only get this once . After I disconnect my Win 7 PC, the remote control app would not work anymore .
    Can somebody teach me the step by step guide to remotely control a Win 7 PC ?
    I've had this issue with Win 7 too, I've found that you can solve the issue by initiating a bluetooth file transfer to your phone, this starts up the connection and everything seems to work from then on. Must be a bug with the microsoft bluetooth stack.
    02-23-12 02:06 PM
    Check under the Bluetooth settings for your BlackBerry on the Tablet, you can expand the section and there is a checkbox for enabling / disabling HID control (Sorry to be general with the description, but I don't have my tablet with me atm).
    I can't find this setting. Under the bluetooth setting on my tablet under the bb, i only find the setting for automatic connection.
    For the bb item i see a phone icon, and on the other side an icon for a joystick. Then the icon for the settings.

I did try the setting for bluetooth-tethering. But this doesn't work either.
    02-23-12 02:40 PM

Russ.
    Okay I did as said but I cannot seem to find my device name on the top right corner of the BB screen. It is coming Disconnected instead.
    Thanks
    07-23-12 11:57 AM

Russ.
    I dont understand what quicklaunch does and allows for this workaround to work. I dont have quicklaunch but if i did, i could pair my Blackberry phone (9000) with windows computer directly and have it work as a keyboard.mouse? Cuase people keep telling me on other forums this cant be done, its only for Blackberry forums and a PlayBook.
    03-25-13 05:04 AM
    Hello, I had a BB torch 9800 and made a technological choice when changing for a GALAXY NOTE 4. Was very sad of loosing the comfort of my BB keyboard. Thanks to your workaround, everything works perfectly and i can now use my BB as a keyboard and mouse for my Android. Thank you so much for your post, I now have the best of both worlds, thanks to you.
    01-13-15 09:48 AM
118 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD