Is there any possibility that we will eventually be able to control our music play,skip, prev, pause etc without actually viewing the playbook screen? This seems like it would be quite handy. for example, my playbook is in my bag or plugged into my speakers across the room. I dont want to have to stand up to see where abouts the cursor is I just wana click next or something. Make sense?
    02-21-12 02:41 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to control volume buttons yet? I'm listening to Slacker radio and would love to remote the volume controls.
    02-21-12 03:01 PM
    I honestly think Ill get another BB to make sure I always have a remote for my PB....lol
    anyone fell the same?
    I am hoping that if BestBuy comes through with the 9930, that I can do that with my 9650/Bold.
    02-21-12 03:24 PM
    has anyone figured out how to pair the playbook with os2.0 to the playstation3 to use the keyboard?
    02-21-12 04:26 PM
    should be the bottom left button on the pearl in the attached image
    Nope, my Pearl does not have that button. It has a symbols button and then the delete/backspace button. Tried to scroll by holding the backspace button and rolling the trackpad, not working though. Any other ideas?
    02-21-12 04:30 PM
    has anyone figured out how to pair the playbook with os2.0 to the playstation3 to use the keyboard?
    I'm putting the link in the first post.

Is there any possibility that we will eventually be able to control our music play,skip, prev, pause etc without actually viewing the playbook screen? This seems like it would be quite handy. for example, my playbook is in my bag or plugged into my speakers across the room. I dont want to have to stand up to see where abouts the cursor is I just wana click next or something. Make sense?
    I hope we do one day, presenter mode already has the volume buttons being used.

Nope, my Pearl does not have that button. It has a symbols button and then the delete/backspace button. Tried to scroll by holding the backspace button and rolling the trackpad, not working though. Any other ideas?
    Did you try it with PBOS2.0? Some of the features no longer need the alt button to be pressed, check first post
    02-21-12 05:05 PM

Did you try it with PBOS2.0? Some of the features no longer need the alt button to be pressed, check first post
    Yeh. Now that I have downloaded OS 2.0 I can click at the top, side or bottom of the screen and it does a bezel swipe. Still can't seem to scroll down a webpage though!

Edit: I can scroll in a PDF document by pressing and holding my trackpad. This enables drag-lock mode. Haven't worked out how to scroll a webpage though!
    Last edited by pixieloulou; 02-21-12 at 05:44 PM.
    02-21-12 05:34 PM
    Yeah this would be nice. Keep up the good work.
    02-21-12 06:55 PM
    I'm putting the link in the first post.

I hope we do one day, presenter mode already has the volume buttons being used.

Thanks but I meant just connect the playbook to the ps3 not using the phone
    02-21-12 07:55 PM
    PlayBook manual says you'll incur data charges while using bridge if you don't have wifi enabled when using the browser for example. That's not what was said in a crackberry video yesterday.
    02-21-12 08:45 PM
    Thanks but I meant just connect the playbook to the ps3 not using the phone
    Oh haha, my bad. I misread.

PlayBook manual says you'll incur data charges while using bridge if you don't have wifi enabled when using the browser for example. That's not what was said in a crackberry video yesterday.
    that's odd I didn't think it would do that.
    02-21-12 09:03 PM
    Oh man, love this feature. Writing this response right now via my 9900's keyboard, over Bluetooth onto my XP box, into Firefox. This is amazing.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-21-12 09:04 PM
    Oh man, love this feature. Writing this response right now via my 9900's keyboard, over Bluetooth onto my XP box, into Firefox. This is amazing.
    Times like this I wish I would have upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista.
    02-21-12 09:29 PM
    I don't think i'll ever use the 2 finger scrolling, holding the alt key feels much more responsive and comfortable.
    This is such a cool feature and I agree it feels so much more natural. 2.0 just rocks!!!
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-22-12 12:09 AM
    Exactly, I love the bridge, it's cool and all but I don't see it being that much harder to implement music functions and that's my main interest. I just feel like RIM always lets me down with every release somehow. I would be satisfied with simple volume, play/pause, next/prev, but ultimately it'd be nice to view playlists and have full functionality.

On another note, OS2 and still no text messaging on the PB? I have an annoying app that converts texts to emails but then I'm getting 2 of every message, it's quite annoying. Is the PB planning on supporting this sometime soon?

I don't want to come across unhappy, I love all the new stuff and it goes great with my 9930 but i guess i'm more disappointed. Either that or impatient but I know the technology is out there, and I'm sick of waiting.
    Jeovex likes this.
    02-22-12 02:36 AM
    Thanks a lot for this information.
    02-22-12 04:48 AM
    In the remote control app if it go to the text input screen and hit the bb menu button I have a whole set of options that look to be designed for a Windows PC. Such as Function Keys and the Windows Button.

So, if the remote app is suppose to control my PB(will be trying my ps3 tonight) why would it have those keys or how can I use them with my laptop now?
    02-22-12 08:26 AM
    Thanks a lot for this information.
    No problem. Glad i could help.

In the remote control app if it go to the text input screen and hit the bb menu button I have a whole set of options that look to be designed for a Windows PC. Such as Function Keys and the Windows Button.

So, if the remote app is suppose to control my PB(will be trying my ps3 tonight) why would it have those keys or how can I use them with my laptop now?
    Do you mind sending a screen capture so i can understand better. Thanks.
    02-22-12 08:40 AM
    What the manual actually says is;

Data charges might apply if you aren't on a Wi-Fi network while BlackBerry Bridge is connected.
    If a Wi-Fi connection is not available while BlackBerry Bridge is connected, applications on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet can use your BlackBerry smartphone's mobile connection to access the Internet.
    To avoid incurring data or roaming charges, make sure that you're connected to a Wi-Fi network on your tablet or smartphone before using applications on your tablet that use the Internet, such as the Browser.

If your BB isn't connected through WiFi then you are using your data plan. Whether you are charged for that or not isn't determined by RIM or Crackberry. It's your data plan.
    02-22-12 08:58 AM

Data charges might apply if you aren't on a Wi-Fi network while BlackBerry Bridge is connected.
    If a Wi-Fi connection is not available while BlackBerry Bridge is connected, applications on your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet can use your BlackBerry smartphone's mobile connection to access the Internet.
    To avoid incurring data or roaming charges, make sure that you're connected to a Wi-Fi network on your tablet or smartphone before using applications on your tablet that use the Internet, such as the Browser.

If your BB isn't connected through WiFi then you are using your data plan. Whether you are charged for that or not isn't determined by RIM or Crackberry. It's your data plan.
    Thank you for clearing that up.
    02-22-12 09:01 AM
    How do I change from one Android App to another?
    02-22-12 09:06 AM
    How do I change from one Android App to another?
    Android apps are ported apps that in a way "become" PlayBook Apps. So to answer your question, you can't switch between android apps since there technically are non, you won't even know you are using an android app. You can only switch between apps like normally.

THIS is the correct answer
    Last edited by Jeovex; 02-22-12 at 05:23 PM.
    02-22-12 09:10 AM

Ahh. I'm clear now, shouldn't read manuals when way too tired from playing with OS2!
    02-22-12 09:12 AM
    Here is the screen capture showing the options.

Attachment 103439
    02-22-12 09:35 AM
    This looks great. I do not have a PlayBook, but I realized you would have to pair it to a PlayBook first before you can use the remote on other devices I wish you did not have to pair it first.
    I also do not have a Playbook, but I found a way around this:

1. Using a program such as QuickLaunch, add an application entry and choose 'net_rim_bb_remote_control_app' as the program to launch.

2. Turn on bluetooth and pair with the device you wish to remote control.

3. Launch your new shortcut, you will receive the message stating that 'No paired blackberry playbook was found', you should see the bluetooth name of the remote device in the upper right-hand corner. Don't click OK, but press the escape / back button instead. You will receive a message asking if you wish to disconnect from whichever device, select 'cancel' and remote control should then work!

I've tried this successfully with an Android 3.2 tablet and a Windows 7 PC, the Android tablet worked fine over and over again, however, I found the Windows 7 PC to be finicky. The key is to check the top right hand corner of the remote control display to see if the device is connected before continuing.

Russ.
    02-22-12 09:41 AM
118 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD