i have started this thread to remind people that "THE BLACKBERRY" is back to its own renowned fashion...............the BBWC is just creating too much hype out there................recently rim has launched a bunch of games for playbook................gameplay awesome..............smooth movement...........IS THIS A WARNING FOR RIM'S COMPETITORS THAT ITS BACK???

LOVE YOU PLAYBOOK
    cerone1970 and zma15 like this.
    05-01-12 10:22 AM
    You guys are getting way to ahead of yourselves. Long ways to go. Hope they can pull it off though.
    reeneebob likes this.
    05-01-12 10:24 AM
    You guys are getting way to ahead of yourselves. Long ways to go. Hope they can pull it off though.

i think the OP was being sarcastic
    05-01-12 11:17 AM
    The PR coming out of RIM-HQ today is "Back to basics" and "BB is not for everyone"

RIM seems to now be aware that games have hurt the brand. Secure communications, video conferencing, and messaging or no future for BB.
    The day after they tout the launch of major games they come to this realisation? Thats hilarious guy.
    Chaddface likes this.
    05-01-12 11:51 AM
    The PR coming out of RIM-HQ today is "Back to basics" and "BB is not for everyone"

RIM seems to now be aware that games have hurt the brand.
    I hope nobody tells gameloft.

Gameloft is a super popular developer of games for all platforms, including the BlackBerry PlayBook. They have announced that they will be bringing not one or two of their top games to BlackBerry 10 devices, but in fact 11 titles will be available either at launch or soon after.
    05-01-12 12:43 PM
    I'm not trying to make jokes - just reporting the PR press.

"BB is not for everyone" is coming from HQ.
    BB are officially using this tag line?

Some one been slipping the PR team acid?
    05-01-12 04:29 PM
    They probably should have been saying that from the outset
    05-01-12 07:06 PM
    I agree, BB/PB is/are not for everyone. Tools want toys...intelligent adults just want tools that work.
    05-01-12 07:12 PM
    M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G How about some tv ads about the product actually being used. For the record, I loved the PB ads when 2.0 came out, just never saw them on tv
    05-01-12 11:33 PM
    BB are officially using this tag line?

Some one been slipping the PR team acid?
    Why not, Jobs liked LSD.

Steve Jobs: LSD Was One of The Best Things I've Done in My Life | The Fix
    05-01-12 11:39 PM
    I think BB fell behind...maybe got too comfortable...Maybe had more development problems than expected... mismanagement.....maybe underestimated the competition.

But I think they're back. No more clunky mechanical keyboard. Touch screen with a killer OS. Like a poster above said, they have a ways to go, but, they are on the right road now.

Apple is even going to have a hard time with the floods of cheap android devices coming, and by hard time I mean holding their current market share. I don't mean belly up here.

BB is business...I think they are going to get those business people back and new folks like me. I read, studied and knew what a PB was when I bought it.

Have sold 6 by showing mine off. Neighbor lady bought 16GB, gave to mom, bought 32GB and her son wants one...She has a friend in Canada shipping her a 32GB for $150 in great shape for her son.

Blackberry is all you used to hear about. I think it will be the top Androids, iPad and Playbook when it comes to tablets.

Lots of junk droids will sell, but your friends won't be recommending them to you. They'll be for kids.

Phones, well, cheap androids, BB's and iPhones.

How that market is split up, we'll see.

Windows tablets & phones? Don't know...but I think prices are going to tumble with that much competition in the market.

Gonna be a nice battle to watch no matter who you're rooting for.
    05-02-12 02:17 AM
    Research In Motion is sitting on a powder keg with a ticking time-bomb. Like Willie E. Coyote it will probably blow-up and they'll be their own casualty.
    05-02-12 02:28 AM
    I agree with "powder keg", but I think it is gonna be an explosion, not implosion.
    05-02-12 02:36 AM

RIM seems to now be aware that games have hurt the brand. Secure communications, video conferencing, and messaging or no future for BB.
    And yet RIM HQ keeps announcing new games. Where are you getting the "Back to basics" and "BlackBerry is not for everyone" messages? I was hoping with a straight-shooter like Thorsten Heins at the helm the days of trickle-out product launches were a thing of the past. The first publicly-available BlackBerry 10 smartphone should have been ready for announcement on Day 1 of BlackBerry World Conference. I laughed when in the BBWC video Vivek was showing the application switching and the audience erupted in chapping like silly school girls. I mean come on, the ability to seamlessly switch between applications is not unique to BlackBerry 10. Amateur hour is alive and kicking apparently.
    05-02-12 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD