I have a Playbook and a Torch 9810. I like to look through the BB app store sometimes to see what is new. I can get on it no problems with my phone. I also have no problems when the PB is connected through WIFI. However when I have the PB synced to my phone through the blue tooth connection, It will not open the app store. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Or can I only use it with WIFI?
    06-27-12 12:42 PM
    App World on PlayBook can only be accessed through Wifi.

Bridging will not enable App World like it does for other apps such as the Browser.
    06-27-12 12:53 PM
    you only can open it with a wifi connection
    06-27-12 02:13 PM
    Yeah,

I'm not exactly why it doesn't work through bridge.

Maybe it's RIM way of protecting the consumer by not incurring huge costs based on someone downloading & installing large apps or games with limited data plans. I'm mean a game like 9mm from Gameloft is almost 1GB.. Yikes!
    06-28-12 01:56 AM
    In the absence of wifi, I would still like access to VIEWING appworld so if someone mentions an app, I could see the description in appworld using the Browser. But rather when browser gets to the appworld.blackberry.com site it then stops and opens appworld and that does not work if there is no wifi.
    06-28-12 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD