Hello everyone,
    I am very new to the blackberry playbook. I bought playbook in UK where it worked fine and appworld was working fine too but when i took it to Nepal and tried opening the appworld, it gives me following error- Blackberry appworld is not available in your country. Is there anything I could do about this?
    Also my version of OS is 2.0.1.358. I have also heard about getting android apps downloaded to the playbook.. is that true? If so can u pls help me to set that up as well.
    Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanx.
    10-11-12 12:37 AM
    Hello everyone,
    I am very new to the blackberry playbook. I bought playbook in UK where it worked fine and appworld was working fine too but when i took it to Nepal and tried opening the appworld, it gives me following error- Blackberry appworld is not available in your country. Is there anything I could do about this?
    Also my version of OS is 2.0.1.358. I have also heard about getting android apps downloaded to the playbook.. is that true? If so can u pls help me to set that up as well.
    Nothing you can do about blackberry app world. I dont port or sideload android so i do not know about that.
    10-11-12 12:48 AM
    Hello everyone,
    To get Apps, you'll need to get your PB to think it's in a country that does have AppWorld. One way to do this is to use a proxy server based in that country. Go here and select a UK or US proxy to download Apps from that region's AppWorld: Free Proxy List - Public Proxy Servers (IP PORT)

PB uses the IP address of the router to determine where you are geolocated - if it sees a US IP address (from the proxy) it thinks you are in the USA and will serve the US version of AppWorld.

As for Android Apps... do a google search for "playbook android sideload" and follow one of the many how-to links you'll see.

HTH
    10-11-12 01:15 AM
    Thx for infomation.

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 AM ----------

To get Apps, you'll need to get your PB to think it's in a country that does have AppWorld. One way to do this is to use a proxy server based in that country. Go here and select a UK or US proxy to download Apps from that region's AppWorld: Free Proxy List - Public Proxy Servers (IP PORT)

PB uses the IP address of the router to determine where you are geolocated - if it sees a US IP address (from the proxy) it thinks you are in the USA and will serve the US version of AppWorld.

As for Android Apps... do a google search for "playbook android sideload" and follow one of the many how-to links you'll see.

HTH
    HI jeepBB, can u help me through the proxy setup. new to that as well. thx.
    10-11-12 01:30 AM
    Thx for infomation.

---------- Post Merged at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Google is your friend!

How to Use a Proxy on your Playbook ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB

Get a proxy IP address from that website I mentioned earlier, and enter it on your WiFi settings page according to the instructions above. (credit to the OP who is a CB member too)

HI jeepBB, can u help me through the proxy setup. new to that as well. thx.
    10-11-12 06:30 AM