View Poll Results: Will BlackBerry 10 be your next upgrade?

Voters
218. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

200 91.74%
  • No!

18 8.26%
    So the good news is that the PlayBook is gonna be completely overhauled upon the release of BlackBerry 10! Not so great news for current OS7 users but 200 dedicated OS7 staff should cover that post BlackBerry 10 launch..

However, we got to see a lot of stuff relating to BB10 and many sneak peaks into what can be expected on this very new and intuitive BB10 platform. Some key points over the weeks..

1.) BB10 will be fast, intuitive and easy to operate with focus on one-hand operations.
    2.) New features showcased such as Scalado Camera with live-timeline, Always-on Messages, Widgets/Windows tiles, Predictive keyboard, etc.
    3.) Bezel/Gesture based BB10 with advanced and in-app gestures
    4.) Developers are beginning to understand the platform and harness the potential. A good example would be Accuweather with live weather background, uniform app design based on BB10 OS and super-fast loading. Expect all native apps to perform extremely fast and have swell graphic animations.

This is just the beginning of a long journey.. I can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 device and be the first to switch.. Are you convinced?
    stevepar, ptpete, Chrisy and 7 others like this.
    05-09-12 12:35 AM
    I did vote yes. I am sticking with the BB Brand for as long as I can and will upgrade.

As I do like the specs for the BB10, I am concerned with the battery usage (per day) with all that stuff that will be running in the background.

May have to wait till they install the 'next generation' batteries that recharge themselves.
    05-09-12 12:47 AM
    Poll would be better with a third, in-between option, for us people sitting on the fence.

I currently own an Android device.

I need to wait for the BB10 devices to come out for a while anyway - my next upgrade will be in about 11 months - and for normal, everyday people like myself to be the guinea pigs to tell me if the BB10 devices satisfy the needs I want in a smartphone. I need more app selection (which will come in 11 months, I'm sure, and as more developers port their apps from Android/iOS). I need a free GPS service (love my Google Maps and wouldn't do without it or an equivalent). I like that you said widgets are coming because I love my widgets. I LOVE the multitasking capabilities of my Playbook and can't wait to see it get better with BB10. The icing on the cake would be the seamless integration with my favorite tablet (and free tethering via bridge!).

I'm presently giving myself a a 50% chance of upgrading to a BB10 device, 40% chance of upgrading to another Android, and 10% chance of upgrading to Apple (provided they come out with something *spectacular* with iPhone 5/ios 6 that blows my mind).
    Chrisy and jivegirl14 like this.
    05-09-12 12:52 AM
    as a user, follower and supporter since 2000 i was never unconvinced in the first place... yeah love is blind..
    Last edited by TRlPPlN; 05-09-12 at 01:05 AM.
    05-09-12 01:01 AM
    I did vote yes. I am sticking with the BB Brand for as long as I can and will upgrade.

As I do like the specs for the BB10, I am concerned with the battery usage (per day) with all that stuff that will be running in the background.

May have to wait till they install the 'next generation' batteries that recharge themselves.
    I read in one of our trade ezines about QNX in aircraft system controls being more power efficient than the alternative systems once considered. I'll try and find it. I prefer to back up my statements with the source. If it carries over to BB10 devices it may be that they could have adequate to phenomenal battery life.
    jafobabe, alnamvet68 and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-09-12 01:05 AM
    I read in one of our trade ezines about QNX in aircraft system controls being more power efficient than the alternative systems once considered. I'll try and find it. I prefer to back up my statements with the source. If it carries over to BB10 devices it may be that they could have adequate to phenomenal battery life.
    Cool!
    I know I read somewhere on this site about Rimm looking into those batteries that can charge themselves, or buying the company that has those, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

Would be great though..
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-09-12 01:11 AM
    Cool!
    I know I read somewhere on this site about Rimm looking into those batteries that can charge themselves, or buying the company that has those, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

Would be great though..
    Also, Crackberry article about RIM Fuel cell battery patent.. http://crackberry.com/rim-gets-award...-mobile-device
    Last edited by varunsain; 05-09-12 at 01:46 AM.
    05-09-12 01:43 AM
    Maybe because process handling in QNX is different than Mobile OS.. I don't have much info on this.. but processes and battery have a direct relation..
    05-09-12 01:47 AM
    Poll would be better with a third, in-between option, for us people sitting on the fence.

I currently own an Android device.

I'm presently giving myself a a 50% chance of upgrading to a BB10 device, 40% chance of upgrading to another Android, and 10% chance of upgrading to Apple (provided they come out with something *spectacular* with iPhone 5/ios 6 that blows my mind).
    Poll is biased towards BB Loyalists.. Imo if RIM cannot convince a BB user first, then it's difficult to attract another market..
    05-09-12 01:50 AM
    I'm convinced. Who wants to buy my 2 iPhone 4's?
    05-09-12 02:10 AM
    Here ya go Al....

http://forums.crackberry.com/marketplace-f14/

My work is done here for the night.. I feel zzzzzzz's coming on... ta ta !
    05-09-12 02:16 AM
    I'm not sitting on any fences :I am fully committed to BBX! I've been researching this thing for a year now.
    I have always loved a lot of things about the BlackBerry Experience. Then the rest of the world moved on. I did too. But I asked myself : why didn't RIM?
    So, I looked into it and discovered why. I realized who my first love was. I realized that no one could ever be to me what she had been. No one else had that certain je ne c 'est quoi.
    I found out that if I was faithful to her, she would come back to me, more beautiful, more intelligent, more beguiling than ever before.
    So, I have come home. I await my love, and will not be swayed.
    She has been beaten. She has been battered. But she will rise again, like a Phoenix from the ashes.
    I await, secure in the knowledge of her majesty and beauty.
    05-09-12 02:58 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bonafide Shakespearian sonnet master we got here.
    BB10FTW and G-bone like this.
    05-09-12 03:02 AM
    lol.. that's some scary love.. but great on the support!
    G-bone likes this.
    05-09-12 03:04 AM
    Convinced, no. Encouraged, yes.
    05-09-12 03:07 AM
    I voted YES, but I'd buy a 9900 this week if T-Mo would offer me a decent price on it... Still $350? Really??
    05-09-12 03:17 AM
    You can also think about the Bold 9790.. Might save you some $$ for a later upgrade to BB10.. thx for voting
    05-09-12 04:06 AM
    Anyone care to explain why they not convinced or worried about being eaten alive if you did so??

Don't worry.. I'll report all the junk in here.. Let's keep this clean and justified..
    05-09-12 04:08 AM
    Convinced not in the least based on previous track record but I will stay with RIM because in the end it's a phone. All phones have issues so why leave?
    05-09-12 04:55 AM
    All phones do have issues..

Madman0141 this time around there definitely is a change in RIM approach..
    05-09-12 05:04 AM
    Also, Crackberry article about RIM Fuel cell battery patent.. http://crackberry.com/rim-gets-award...-mobile-device
    Some more stuff on Fuel Cell to go along with RIM's Patent.. Hope we could see some stuff like this to launch with BB10

Brookstone fuel cell USB charger to keep phones powered for two weeks, Engadget editors happy -- Engadget
    05-09-12 05:16 AM
    So the good news is that the PlayBook is gonna be completely overhauled upon the release of BlackBerry 10! Not so great news for current OS7 users but 200 dedicated OS7 staff should cover that post BlackBerry 10 launch..

However, we got to see a lot of stuff relating to BB10 and many sneak peaks into what can be expected on this very new and intuitive BB10 platform. Some key points over the weeks..

1.) BB10 will be fast, intuitive and easy to operate with focus on one-hand operations.
    2.) New features showcased such as Scalado Camera with live-timeline, Always-on Messages, Widgets/Windows tiles, Predictive keyboard, etc.
    3.) Bezel/Gesture based BB10 with advanced and in-app gestures
    4.) Developers are beginning to understand the platform and harness the potential. A good example would be Accuweather with live weather background, uniform app design based on BB10 OS and super-fast loading. Expect all native apps to perform extremely fast and have swell graphic animations.

This is just the beginning of a long journey.. I can't wait to get my hands on a BB10 device and be the first to switch.. Are you convinced?
    Well.... Actually the qnx operating system on the playbook was already suppose to be the "be all end all" ... Yes, it was....... And it seems they are saying "we bring botched that and are trying again... Now this NEXT attempt, well, THAT will be it..... Oh yes!"

So... I dunno. Seems they keep promising grand things and dont deliver. The playbook is really fine as is- certainly no ipad killer and never will be but while I do wish RIM had delivered what it trumpeted prior to april 19 2011, it does what i need.

But no.... Not convinced.
    05-09-12 06:00 AM
    The BlackBerry 10 that we are seeing videos and pics of is the phone I've been waiting for! I said I'd never be an early adoptor again. But BB10 may make me a liar! I'm liking it hat I've seen so far, and heard.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 05-09-12 at 07:07 AM.
    G-bone likes this.
    05-09-12 06:58 AM
    Anyone care to explain why they not convinced or worried about being eaten alive if you did so??

Don't worry.. I'll report all the junk in here.. Let's keep this clean and justified..
    It's not really a matter of convinced or not for me. I didn't vote because the 2nd option sounded to me like I would not consider a BB10 phone at all. I'm simply unsure what the heck I'm going to buy at this moment. As I said in a similar thread to this, I'm going to let BB10 and WP8 spend about 3 months in people's hands a swell as watching to see what Android and iOS do during that time, before I decide.
    05-09-12 06:59 AM
    It's not really a matter of convinced or not for me. I didn't vote because the 2nd option sounded to me like I would not consider a BB10 phone at all. I'm simply unsure what the heck I'm going to buy at this moment. As I said in a similar thread to this, I'm going to let BB10 and WP8 spend about 3 months in people's hands a swell as watching to see what Android and iOS do during that time, before I decide.
    For all you know the prices might just drop half way down!! (not a good thing)
    05-09-12 07:02 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD