Guys I'm so excited for this!! What a morning with all the BB10 Vids put up on CB.. Dare someone say this is not new and intuitive! Innovative! I'm ready to wait for another year if they are going to psych us out like this!!
    05-01-12 11:57 PM
    Should pop over to www. bgr.com and see that Gellar dares......
    SteelGreek likes this.
    05-02-12 12:16 AM
    No kidding. The flow of open apps was pretty cool, as well as having so many open and gesturing through them in even a more intuitive way than the PB, if that's even possible.

I was just talking with another member about this and we don't believe people really have a clue about what RIM has done for themselves by obtaining QNX. We're talking about a VERY hardened, secure and powerful system that is used in the majority of cars, jet fighters, tanks, space stations, commercial aircraft etc..... Think about how desirable as well as practical it will be to own a RIM communication and/or computing device (PB) that will potentially integrate with an ever growing technology base that is used every day by consumers, business and industry. No other OS has that potential right now. And except for Windows, no other phone or tablet OS is a true, nor as powerful mobile computing platform as QNX and BlackBerry 10. I can't wait to see what the PB will morph into.

RIM has only tapped into the tip of the iceberg of what is has access to.

My opinion
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 05-02-12 at 12:40 AM.
    05-02-12 12:27 AM
    Rotorwrench well said!
    05-02-12 12:30 AM
    this just confirms that RIM is dead and can never comeback because it doesnt know how to innovate

apparently...
    05-02-12 12:37 AM
    this just confirms that RIM is dead and can never comeback because it doesnt know how to innovate

apparently...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-wor...-blackberry-10

Epic!
    05-02-12 12:38 AM
    Also there are some smart houses out there that run QNX....It's dizzying to think of the mobility intergrated world our kids are going to grow up in! (not that I plan on having any kids any time soon)

A world where your phone is just 1 independantly interconnected module of a way larger OS ecosystem....I can't wait to see that
    05-02-12 12:44 AM
    Also there are some smart houses out there that run QNX....It's dizzying to think of the mobility intergrated world our kids are going to grow up in! (not that I plan on having any kids any time soon)

A world where your phone is just 1 independantly interconnected module of a way larger OS ecosystem....I can't wait to see that
    Great point! Ecosystem of Apps /= Ecosystem of OS (if that means anything).. No Cloud BS.. You own the OS everywhere you go!!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-02-12 01:01 AM
    The Internet is full of personal opinions. Have a mind of your own and think for yourself.
    05-02-12 01:02 AM
    I just started this thread to get all the Q&A for BB World in one section

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...49#post7365849

I hope this helps
    rotorwrench likes this.
    05-02-12 01:25 AM
    No kidding. The flow of open apps was pretty cool, as well as having so many open and gesturing through them in even a more intuitive way than the PB, if that's even possible.

I was just talking with another member about this and we don't believe people really have a clue about what RIM has done for themselves by obtaining QNX. We're talking about a VERY hardened, secure and powerful system that is used in the majority of cars, jet fighters, tanks, space stations, commercial aircraft etc..... Think about how desirable as well as practical it will be to own a RIM communication and/or computing device (PB) that will potentially integrate with an ever growing technology base that is used every day by consumers, business and industry. No other OS has that potential right now. And except for Windows, no other phone or tablet OS is a true, nor as powerful mobile computing platform as QNX and BlackBerry 10. I can't wait to see what the PB will morph into.

RIM has only tapped into the tip of the iceberg of what is has access to.

My opinion
    I quoted your whole post because there are several KEY words in it.

Here are a few, hardened, secure, powerful, cars, jet fighters, tanks, space stations, commercial aircraft. I'll add nuclear power plants and could find 50 others.

What have we been hearing from governments all over the world for how long?

China hacked the US, France, etc. Pirating, anti piracy, SOPA, CISPA, Rupert Murdoch hacking celebrities, bla bla bla, yada yada yada....

Guess who is the only one who has been focusing on security instead of angry birds for all this time?

RIM, not RIP!
    05-02-12 02:33 AM
    Guys I'm so excited for this!! What a morning with all the BB10 Vids put up on CB.. Dare someone say this is not new and intuitive! Innovative! I'm ready to wait for another year if they are going to psych us out like this!!
    You are willing to wait another year? You are in the minority and I am not speaking ethnically. The years, the months, even the days when time to wait was a luxury that RIM had are over. In academia it is referred to a "publish or perish."
    05-02-12 02:46 AM
    He is taking a beating for that whatever you want to call it...

Read the comments.
    05-02-12 02:53 AM
    You are willing to wait another year? You are in the minority and I am not speaking ethnically. The years, the months, even the days when time to wait was a luxury that RIM had are over. In academia it is referred to a "publish or perish."
    really don't agree there.. if they have the money to survive i really don't see any reason for them to rush into things..
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    05-02-12 03:52 AM
    I quoted your whole post because there are several KEY words in it.

Here are a few, hardened, secure, powerful, cars, jet fighters, tanks, space stations, commercial aircraft. I'll add nuclear power plants and could find 50 others.

What have we been hearing from governments all over the world for how long?

China hacked the US, France, etc. Pirating, anti piracy, SOPA, CISPA, Rupert Murdoch hacking celebrities, bla bla bla, yada yada yada....

Guess who is the only one who has been focusing on security instead of angry birds for all this time?

RIM, not RIP!
    You say this even though every single app that can (and can't aka some android) run on the playbook can be pirated with absolutely no effort, or the fact that someone could package some popular android app, pack it with malware, and post it on a site like this with hundreds/thousands of ignorant people who have absolutely no idea what ridiculous risk they're taking and will quickly load it onto their machine.

Yep, THAT'S security
    05-02-12 04:46 AM
    I will wait another year only if I can get an OS3 update for my PlayBook in the mean time. I mean it...please.
    I will wait because there isn't another device that interests me on the market. I don't want to buy an iPhone every 3 months and I sure don't want a phone that says droid every 15 seconds.
    There isn't anything else out there that can give me what my Bold does so I wait.
    05-02-12 05:02 AM
    The only rush I see was releasing the PB with no email etc. But, they got them out there.

I think they learned from that, and I have said it before...I think they have something up their sleeve, big time.

If you were a company would you throw gadgets on the market just because everyone else did or would you wait until you had a product that would WOW the market?

I think RIM threw the PB into the market to have a product for testing the water, warning shot, maybe?

And all along they have been working on the WOW products while the competition laughs at them....

I don't think they'll be #1 but I sure don't think they're gonna go under. I do think they'll gain market share...and I do think they'll be able to demand higher prices for a better product, which in turn will keep them from being #1 in terms of units sold.

Since they own QNX they won't have to pay licensing fees which will raise profits. They have lots of options as far as pricing and other perks that comes with being your own boss.

How many times has a company seemed to be out of the game only to return stronger than ever?

Can anyone say Apple? It was the iPod, iTunes and now the iPad that has re-built their company. The Mac was dying a slow death from cheap Gateways, Dells, Emachines and more than I have time to name. Not to mention people like me, and my friends who have never bought a prebuilt computer. We build our own.

Only my Laptop was purchased pre-built which is pretty much standard like it is with tablets and phones. No one builds tablets and phones at home.

The Mac situation was so bad Apple abandoned the original CPU's for the Macs and went with Intel because of cost.

Earlier Apple bucked the system and built their own OS, not following Dell and the rest with Microsoft. This hurt sales, then BOOM, desktop publishing. Macs sold like hot cakes...then the PC clone flood hit.

Apple was in serious trouble until their current products came along and would have went under without them.

RIM, was in trouble. Their new product line, not iOS, not Android, not following the pack just might be a game changer.

I don't know how old some of you people are, and I know some of you are developers and pretty sharp people. But I have been in computers since I was 16 when I bought my first TRS-80, and I'm 47. I worked for Radio Shack for a time and seen a lot of things happen including the Tandy computer line fall to cheap clones.

RIM is not like Tandy who ran Windows and folded when the market got too crowed. They are more like Apple, struggling to innovate in a Microsoft dominated world.

RIM could make a killer Windows phone, pay MS for every phone sold, and try to survive with all the others. Instead they choose to be their own company, and fail or not, that is commendable.

There is too much this is better than that going on. Some of it is true. No matter what company you like or don't like, when you see a company struggle such as Apple and RIM have...you have to give credit where credit is due.

Microsoft on the other hand got to where they are by underhanded, monopolistic, illegal, and immoral business practices and just plain thievery.

Do some research on Netscape. Look up how MS intentionally made Windows updates that broke competitors software when it became a threat to a MS product.

MS started building in everything that had been third party software (apps). When they done this with IE with no way to uninstall and threatened companies such as Dell & Gateway, they should have been shut down and put in jail.

The threat was "If you install Netscape Navigator we won't license Windows to you!"

If you need a company to bash MS would be a good start along with Halliburton.

I did't aim to go into all of this...it is for the young folks here that may want to someday own their own company. There is nothing wrong with belieiving in yourself and being different even if you fail.
    05-02-12 05:11 AM
    Windows phone grew from 0.46% to 0.49% which some of their fanboys are touting as 16% growth but it is still nothing growing to nothing.

Hopefully BB10 can stop the bleeding and cause a rebound for RIM.
    05-02-12 05:30 AM
    I know the idea of the flow is just amazing best was to describe my reaction would be to say i had a 'rimgasom'

can't wait for BB10 to hit the playbook in Q4 then i'll be getting a BB10 phone about a year after when my contracts up think i'll hang on to the keyboard ones although i did like the look of the full touch and the way it worked
    05-02-12 05:33 AM
    Windows phone grew from 0.46% to 0.49% which some of their fanboys are touting as 16% growth but it is still nothing growing to nothing.

Hopefully BB10 can stop the bleeding and cause a rebound for RIM.
    Someone needs to show them how to use the calculator function!
    05-02-12 05:43 AM

apparently...

Now, if they could only get the message out (advertise) as effectively.
    05-02-12 07:12 AM
    The only rush I see was releasing the PB with no email etc. But, they got them out there.

I think they learned from that, and I have said it before...I think they have something up their sleeve, big time.

If you were a company would you throw gadgets on the market just because everyone else did or would you wait until you had a product that would WOW the market?

I think RIM threw the PB into the market to have a product for testing the water, warning shot, maybe?

And all along they have been working on the WOW products while the competition laughs at them....

I don't think they'll be #1 but I sure don't think they're gonna go under. I do think they'll gain market share...and I do think they'll be able to demand higher prices for a better product, which in turn will keep them from being #1 in terms of units sold.

Since they own QNX they won't have to pay licensing fees which will raise profits. They have lots of options as far as pricing and other perks that comes with being your own boss.

How many times has a company seemed to be out of the game only to return stronger than ever?

Can anyone say Apple? It was the iPod, iTunes and now the iPad that has re-built their company. The Mac was dying a slow death from cheap Gateways, Dells, Emachines and more than I have time to name. Not to mention people like me, and my friends who have never bought a prebuilt computer. We build our own.

Only my Laptop was purchased pre-built which is pretty much standard like it is with tablets and phones. No one builds tablets and phones at home.

The Mac situation was so bad Apple abandoned the original CPU's for the Macs and went with Intel because of cost.

Earlier Apple bucked the system and built their own OS, not following Dell and the rest with Microsoft. This hurt sales, then BOOM, desktop publishing. Macs sold like hot cakes...then the PC clone flood hit.

Apple was in serious trouble until their current products came along and would have went under without them.

RIM, was in trouble. Their new product line, not iOS, not Android, not following the pack just might be a game changer.

I don't know how old some of you people are, and I know some of you are developers and pretty sharp people. But I have been in computers since I was 16 when I bought my first TRS-80, and I'm 47. I worked for Radio Shack for a time and seen a lot of things happen including the Tandy computer line fall to cheap clones.

RIM is not like Tandy who ran Windows and folded when the market got too crowed. They are more like Apple, struggling to innovate in a Microsoft dominated world.

RIM could make a killer Windows phone, pay MS for every phone sold, and try to survive with all the others. Instead they choose to be their own company, and fail or not, that is commendable.

There is too much this is better than that going on. Some of it is true. No matter what company you like or don't like, when you see a company struggle such as Apple and RIM have...you have to give credit where credit is due.

Microsoft on the other hand got to where they are by underhanded, monopolistic, illegal, and immoral business practices and just plain thievery.

Do some research on Netscape. Look up how MS intentionally made Windows updates that broke competitors software when it became a threat to a MS product.

MS started building in everything that had been third party software (apps). When they done this with IE with no way to uninstall and threatened companies such as Dell & Gateway, they should have been shut down and put in jail.

The threat was "If you install Netscape Navigator we won't license Windows to you!"

If you need a company to bash MS would be a good start along with Halliburton.

I did't aim to go into all of this...it is for the young folks here that may want to someday own their own company. There is nothing wrong with belieiving in yourself and being different even if you fail.
    Your post is incredibly accurate. I too used to work for Radio Shack (another small, but well built company) and can attest that what you are saying is true. I've been involved with computers and technology since I was 8. My father worked for a school system and brought home a beat up Computer they were throwing out. It ran DOS, and my uncle who worked for AT&T (Pre-Evil AT&T! Before AT&T Mobile!) taught me to speak DOS.

Essentially, what I'm saying is that presently, Apple and Google (which is EVIL) are using the same Strong Arm Tactics that MS used in the '90's. And it is difficult if not downright intimadating to stand up to that kind of Onslaught. But to do so, is worth the fight, it's worth failing. The type of Conformity that these Corporations want...is more that I'm willing to give them.

I'm a BlackBerry user. And what Thor said is Right: "You are BlackBerry People... You measure your success by your own standard. Not someone elses." I may have paraphrased. I also lack that alluring German Accent.
    05-02-12 07:58 AM

apparently...
    Kevin, give us a dislike button please!
    05-02-12 08:01 AM
    I kid not. I have a customer who is a NASA engineer, retired in January. He told me he bought two PBs because of QNX, and that he wasn't the only NASA employee with one. He believes that QNX will be THE mobile computing system in a few short years and he would buy any device that used it. He said the average consumer doesn't realize how powerful and versatile it is and that RIM has failed to exploit that.
    05-02-12 08:07 AM
    That predictive camera and kb will blow out all other smart phones (including my 9900).
    05-02-12 08:20 AM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD