I posted as a response to another thread, but thought I'd call it out separately:
    Blackberry 10 Coming to the Playbook | Good E-Reader - eBooks, Publishing and Comic News

This was initially exciting, but I'm not sure what to make of the news: on the one hand, it refers to the now-vanished Mexico tweet. It also refers to the official BB Twitter feed, but I couldn't find any related tweets. On the other hand, the article is by Goodereader, and they've generally been quite reliable.

I know the last thing we need is another BB10 for PB thread, but I didn't see this article mentioned elsewhere.
    icniagara, El Bori and tovento like this.
    05-23-13 12:12 PM
    As we have seen from other threads nothing is for sure we can only wait and see what BB does… thank you for the post…
    05-23-13 12:29 PM
    All this news, if you can call it that, is just bringing people's expectations higher. A few weeks pass and the Playbook forum is going to be full of people leaving BlackBerry. No patience anymore.
    05-23-13 05:20 PM
    Did anyone read the now vanished Mexico tweet? I will learn Spanish if it gets me BB10 on my playbook...
    05-23-13 09:46 PM
    Learn android or iOS . They both will have bbm before the Playbook.

It's dead. Game over.
    05-24-13 01:41 AM
    So unprofessional for BlackBerry Mexico to tweet that of it isn't happening. Not their fault, its BlackBerry as a whole.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 02:57 AM
    This rumor is what it is a rumor but when things start to pop up left, right and centre you have to think that something is possibly coming up, i just bumped into a video that shows the loading screen of the BB 10 OS on playbook, take a look.

BB10 on Playbook - Stage 1 - YouTube
    05-24-13 10:01 AM
    I've been waiting patiently for BB10 for the main reason that my tablet has serious issues browsing the internet on my home network. I've tried all the fixes mentioned here (it runs well on other wireless networks) and nothing works. It has to do with Rogers wireless internet running through a rocket hub. Another frustration is the fact that I bought two Playbooks for the sole reason that Blackberry promised to release BB10 for them, now we're approaching a point where the life span is significantly reduced (battery) and the hardware is old technology. I've pretty much given up and will probably switch to Android but it is still an insult to proceed in good faith buying a product from a Canadian company and they fail to deliver one of the key selling points (for some of us).

From all the posts I've read, I'm surprised to not read of legal action. There must be some legally binding aspect of promising a flag ship software product and failing to deliver within a reasonable time frame. If I knew BB10 ran well on my home network (and this whole fiasco hadn't occurred) I'd consider a new BB10 phone. I'm just concerned that BB will drop the ball again and turn their backs if they run into financial troubles and I'd be stuck with a contract and orphaned smart phone.
    05-24-13 10:26 AM
    While i understand your frustration, cause i feel the same. To be totally honest with you, BlackBerry never said / stated a date of the BB10 on Playbook, actually they said end of Calender Year. But we are so addicted to our BB (otherwise we wouldn't be here ) that we wait for it everyday while my friends who bought a playbook cause i told them how awesome it is a year ago, have no clue that BB10 should be on their playbook and are still happy with it, except the occasional complaint about APPS.
    05-24-13 11:48 AM
    Did anyone read the now vanished Mexico tweet? I will learn Spanish if it gets me BB10 on my playbook...
    It's been translated and is available via MobileSyrup: BlackBerry PlayBook could be getting the BB10 upgrade "in the next few weeks" | MobileSyrup.com I can't verify it's authenticity though...

Attachment 164983
    05-24-13 10:27 PM
    (*Sigh*... I hate it when they turn serious matter into "prank")

Posted via Z10
    05-24-13 10:29 PM