I just read the rumors that RIM does not seem like it is going to be able to make the promised September deadline since they must start manufacturing process now, but there are no signs of manufacturing of BBX yet.

It sucks since I have been waiting to buy the new BBX to complement my Playbook, but if they truly don't deliver in september then it will fall back to next year, which pretty much means RIM will be dead.
    05-29-12 04:42 PM
    For one thing, a September date is a red herring; they've consistently said Q4 calendar 2012, and the widespread (informed) assumption has been an October announcement with November shipment.
    05-29-12 04:44 PM
    Doubt that it will be delayed...
    anon(4216152) and blusls like this.
    05-29-12 04:44 PM
    When was the first delay of BB10?
    Barljo, shupor, jhimmel and 4 others like this.
    05-29-12 04:45 PM
    That's why they hired investment banks to help reviewing RIM's business, and business options like licensing or even bigger moves. We'll have to wait, but this is not looking good at all.
    05-29-12 04:45 PM
    When was the first delay of BB10?
    It was initially going to be launched early in 2012, but was delayed in November 2011 to late 2012.
    siddo_d likes this.
    05-29-12 04:52 PM
    I'm prolly gonna wait till BBXI comes along until I upgrade lol.
    05-29-12 04:53 PM
    It was initially going to be launched early in 2012, but was delayed in November 2011 to late 2012.
    I think they learned from this as well.
    Also, the now have a new CEO, who seems to be delivering everything on time so far...
    Let's keep our fingers crossed...
    Stewartj1 and blusls like this.
    05-29-12 04:55 PM
    September was being thrown around by extreme optimists. RIM themselves have been saying "late 2012".
    05-29-12 04:56 PM
    Threads like this are ridiculous...RIM has NOT ONCE promised a date for BB10 to be released...so no one can possibly say it is being delayed again...and the FIRST delay wasnt even a delay either, they never said, its being released at this time, its what they were trying to aim towards and it didnt happen, and it was under the co-ceo's...now there is a new ceo and new business model coming out of RIM...

So this is just poppycock, with no release date given, it is impossible to delay the release day :P
    05-29-12 04:59 PM
    If you fellows believe any of rim's deadlines at this point you have only yourselves to blame. I would be surprised if any bb10 device or OS was released before december.
    05-29-12 04:59 PM
    September was being thrown around by extreme optimists. RIM themselves have been saying "late 2012".
    I'm glad someone said it.
    05-29-12 05:00 PM
    They're on track. They stated BB10 announced in August and in stores in October

Disregard our friendly neighbourhood trolls with their 'RIM is dead' posts...what else can they do, they're trolls battling lice
    05-29-12 05:00 PM
    Wow...I love how many different people have decided what RIM said about BB10 launch.

They did not say "late 2012", nor "September", nor "Q4 2012", nor "November to late 2012".

They said "latter 2012". The latter part is anything from July onwards. I'm not a fool and hoping for anything like July, or even August, or probably even early September, but this random date making up by people as to what RIM has said is rubbish. The line since last December has been latter 2012. There have been no delays from that yet as far as we know.

Edit: new one arrived while I was typing, they also haven't said announcement in August and stores in October. That is a rumour.
    05-29-12 05:01 PM
    They're on track. They stated BB10 announced in August and in stores in October

Disregard our friendly neighbourhood trolls with their 'RIM is dead' posts...what else can they do, they're trolls battling lice
    I know some fool was going to call me that.

Before calling me a troll, atleast bother to check the history of my posts and see what I typically write. When I write great things about RIM before, I have been called a 'RIM insider'. LOL

p.s. Yes, RIM did confirm last year that Blackberry 10 will be launched in the early part of 2012, but then it was delayed due to chipset manufacturing process. It was announced by Mike Lazaridis himself last fall.
    stesyl likes this.
    05-29-12 05:06 PM
    There is so much negativity going around the net towards Rim that it is a bit ridiculous.

They seem to be a punching bag for wannabe bloggers and small tech sites who seem to have nothing good to say about Rim at all.

Example : Rim to release 2.1 this week to the 12 playbook users. Be warned that sideloading is being removed in 2.1 so now the failed tablet will be absolutely worthless. Way to go Rim.

It makes me sick.
    05-29-12 05:09 PM
    Where did that rumor come from?

WHERE did they say they needed to start manufacturing hardware now for a September launch? even if it was a September launch?

RIM moved 13Million or so devices a quarter, so that is 1 Million devices a week, so it is safe to assume that RIM could be producing 1 Million devices a week, or more, for a launch of BB10 in North America they wouldn't need to make more than 5 Million devices, realistically, even that is HIGH, so they need 5 Weeks to manufacturer hardware on a large scale, and probably 2-3 weeks to get it into distribution so for a a September 1st launch they don't need to start hardware production until July,
    05-29-12 05:14 PM
    His friends roommates next door neighbor told him she heard it from a guy that works
    at Olive Garden.
    My new thread:
    I heard a rumor that iPhone5 is gonna stay with a 3.5" screen and the same OS and
    will not be released on October instead will be delayed until next year.
    That means Apple is dead.
    05-29-12 05:34 PM
    This is what RIM wants, us eagerly awaiting for this cool new BB10 device.

I'm not a big fan of full touch and even I find myself checking these threads out.

A Vodafone shop worker told me around Feb time that they'll be out in May

EDIT: So that means they will be released here within 48 hours and 22 mins wooooooooooo!
    Last edited by Ben1232; 05-29-12 at 05:38 PM.
    05-29-12 05:36 PM
    Is RIM creating their own Osborne Effect by prematurely announcing these great new phones? I know I'm holding off getting another BB until BB10 comes out.
    05-29-12 05:38 PM
    Extremely unlikely that there will be any sort of delays here. The deadlines involved are the absolute hardest deadlines in RIM company history.
    05-29-12 05:39 PM
    There is so much negativity going around the net towards Rim that it is a bit ridiculous.

They seem to be a punching bag for wannabe bloggers and small tech sites who seem to have nothing good to say about Rim at all.

Example : Rim to release 2.1 this week to the 12 playbook users. Be warned that sideloading is being removed in 2.1 so now the failed tablet will be absolutely worthless. Way to go Rim.

It makes me sick.
    I couldn't agree with you more. When in fact if the author was honest, it should read... "The tens of thousands of registered BlackBerry developers will receive a significant developer beta of tablet OS to version 2.1. Despite rumors to the contrary, RIM has stated as fact that sideloading is a permanent fixture in tablet OS for developers, but will be refining the process to curb piracy of PlayBook apps."
    05-29-12 05:42 PM
    there is no delay in BB10, I knew some details of BB10 including design and production sched, and as of now, there is no delay in sched.
    05-29-12 05:43 PM
    I know why some people keep saying RIM will be delayed BB10 because with all the negative news about lay off and included the press release today(5-29-12). The people who work on BB10 is in a different division and they are not impact by this lay off news. CEO says the company will hire more people for BB10. According to my prediction, RIM will announce BB10 on August or September 2012. They have learned from their mistakes for so many times already. They cannot afford to make another mistake.
    05-29-12 06:01 PM
    I know why some people keep saying RIM will be delayed BB10 because with all the negative news about lay off and included the press release today(5-29-12). The people who work on BB10 is in a different division and they are not impact by this lay off news. CEO says the company will hire more people for BB10. According to my prediction, RIM will announce BB10 on August or September 2012. They have learned from their mistakes for so many times already. They cannot afford to make another mistake.
    Yes, aside from the fact that RIM has hired two banks to "help them explore their options". That raised a huge red flag in my mind. I am a very realistic person and am seriously concerned since too much is at stake with the BBX.

Also, here is the news from the CBC news:

RIM shares drop on warning of operating loss - Business - CBC News

The fact that I am being deemed a "troll" is completely laughable. Dare I say, the ignorants who think I am a troll, I own and love my two RIM products.

Look at my previous threads. Does this look like these threads come from a troll?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...9/#post7215350

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...6/#post7215047

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7407361
    Last edited by BlackberryOS2PB; 05-29-12 at 08:48 PM.
    05-29-12 08:39 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD