Lately I have occasionally encountered a situation, whereby all the side-loaded apps on my Playbook refused to start, leaving me with a black screen with a Blackberry logo for a few seconds before returning me to the home screen. Anyone encounter this before and is there a remedy? Thanks in advance for your replies...
    06-01-13 02:59 AM
    This mainly happens if your side loading an android app, That is above the required android system that's built in to the tablet. Check what app it is and what android os it supports. The PlayBook supports I think android 2.2 or lower apps if not its 2.1. If you want tell me what app it is and I'll get back to you.

Hopefully when BlackBerry release "finally" the OS10 update that will support hopefully up to 4.2 android apps.
    06-01-13 03:15 AM
    Thanks, but strangely it doesn't happen WHILE side-loading, but after booting the Playbook with any of the side-loaded apps I already have installed...
    06-01-13 03:24 AM
    I had that issue with mine but it only showed the blackberry loading symbol once then it just kept crashing, just check on Google play before downloading any apps and see what system it needs to run.. What app was this that you were trying?
    06-01-13 05:43 AM
    Some more information might help. Did some, most or all of these apps work at one time and now this problem has occurred? Did it start after loading one particular app if you can remember? You could experiment and remove them all or some of them, particularly, if you can remember which one(s) you loaded last or most recently. What apps do you have? Oh, and as someone hinted - do you have an Android apps from Appworld and do they still work.

And you have rebooted?

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    06-01-13 08:26 AM
    Thanks, I'll try to shut down using the method you proposed next time it happens.
    The apps did work at one time and it would be next to impossible to figure out one single culprit at the moment. And if and when it does happen, which luckily still is only occasionally, all side-loaded apps seem to be affected, not one single app - which would make things relatively easy, I guess...
    06-01-13 08:55 AM
    Thanks, I'll try to shut down using the method you proposed next time it happens.
    The apps did work at one time and it would be next to impossible to figure out one single culprit at the moment. And if and when it does happen, which luckily still is only occasionally, all side-loaded apps seem to be affected, not one single app - which would make things relatively easy, I guess...
    Another thing you can do is load Advanced App Manager by eDroid apps, from appworld. It is an "official" Android app. It can show what android apps are running and allow you to terminate them. You might run it periodically and maybe it will show something always running (some android apps even run when you think you have closed them!).
    06-01-13 10:56 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion!
    06-02-13 10:30 AM