Wow, im so mad right now. My blackberry is practically useless right now, so anyways, the front 6 apps that are on it has a bug, i removed all the 6 apps and put them into the apps menu, and then i tried to put all six of them back, they arent there now, and i cant find them anywhere. Has anyone had this bug with this beta? Plz tell me how to fix this
    07-09-12 05:03 PM
    scroll to the left and then the right.... it may be in over there... if not, do the three finger reboot and see if it comes back
    07-09-12 05:04 PM
    What front 6 apps?
    07-09-12 05:05 PM
    the front 6 apps u see before u pull up all the applications, and jafo i tried both, didnt work
    07-09-12 05:07 PM
    i just found a message in the notifications that says: 'array_alert invalid array index'
    07-09-12 05:08 PM
    array_insert i mean, sorry
    07-09-12 05:10 PM
    just doing a wipe, i saw another article on it and apperantly the only soulution is to wipe, kinda sucks since i just did this 2 days ago :/
    07-09-12 05:25 PM
    array_insert i mean, sorry
    I have seen this on the Dev Alpha. In fact, it happened to me in Orlando after I tried moving the browser app from the dock.

First you should file a bug report.

Second, you might have to do a security wipe and reinstall OS. That was how the RIM guys restored my Dev Alpha. They told me that the apps are still on the device. Just that I couldn't access them. Good luck.
    07-09-12 05:27 PM
    Is this a 2.1 beta bug, or an OS 2 bug. Hasn't it been established that removing all apps from the dock causes major problems?
    07-09-12 06:19 PM
    Is this a 2.1 beta bug, or an OS 2 bug. Hasn't it been established that removing all apps from the dock causes major problems?
    I think putting ALL FOLDERS on the dock has been implicated in NON-booting or very, very slow booting (where folks think it is NOT booting). It appears the dock needs some study.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-09-12 06:48 PM
    I don't have any issues with an empty dock or a dock with all folders.

Edit: Using the official 2.0.1.358
    Last edited by Chaddface; 07-09-12 at 07:35 PM.
    07-09-12 07:31 PM
    Wow, im so mad right now. My blackberry is practically useless right now, so anyways, the front 6 apps that are on it has a bug, i removed all the 6 apps and put them into the apps menu, and then i tried to put all six of them back, they arent there now, and i cant find them anywhere. Has anyone had this bug with this beta? Plz tell me how to fix this
    You're angry. Why? You do know what a beta is right? You know that installing it has its risks, right? You also know that if it was stable and ready to use it wouldn't have been released as a beta, it would be 'pushed' to everyone. right? You specifically asked for this 'upgrade' knowing that there may be problems?

So tell me why you are angry? surprised?

I'm confused. I didn't ask for , nor did i download the beta because i understood it was a beta.
    rcm1301 likes this.
    07-09-12 07:33 PM
    I wish everyone who downloads the developer's beta would also share with us how their app is performing since that is the beta's purpose. No app to test? Wait and read up on it first at least. Bugs were identified from the first day by developers testing their apps.

Dev beta is not geared for consumers!
    07-09-12 07:48 PM
    I wish everyone who downloads the developer's beta would also share with us how their app is performing since that is the beta's purpose. No app to test? Wait and read up on it first at least.
    Dev beta is not geared for consumers!
    I totally agree with that ! I read a lot of topics about people who have a problem / bug with 2.1 . Rim really should make the DEV Beta only for Developers only (who have a Dev Appworld account. It saves them time too with al those problems.
    07-10-12 03:18 AM
    Yep. Happened to me too. I had to wipe and reinstall the os. And then I did it AGAIN with my Messages app!. Like a previous post said: it's a beta for developers, so if there's a bug.....duh. Lesson learned, good luck.
    07-10-12 03:55 AM
    I have seen this on the Dev Alpha. In fact, it happened to me in Orlando after I tried moving the browser app from the dock.

First you should file a bug report.

Second, you might have to do a security wipe and reinstall OS. That was how the RIM guys restored my Dev Alpha. They told me that the apps are still on the device. Just that I couldn't access them. Good luck.
    Did you succeed getting the beta OS back on the alpha after a wipe ???
    07-10-12 04:21 AM
    Did you succeed getting the beta OS back on the alpha after a wipe ???
    I did, but I think there is a cut-off date for the Beta. Not sure if it's past.
    07-10-12 04:50 AM
    you've to wait 24hrs after subscription to the Dev Beta. than your able to downgrade again. you also can downgrade via the 'debrick' method

Jeroen
    07-10-12 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD