There are many faithful who put down the CC# and was able to preorder. At this point I can't see myself buying one. I think I'm going to go with a Android 3.0 device from Moto,HTC,Samsung or PlayBook or iPad2.
    Exactly!

And I'm completely with you on having Android 3.0 device out of Moto, HTC, Samsung, Playbook, or even iPad2.

Just kidding. OpenQNX (OpenQNX :: The QNX Community Portal) on Playbook will probably be just fine, to get beyond 50 (??) apps and get some following. If unsuccessful, and/or extremely un-supported by RIM, this beast will be apparently rooted, jailbroken and taken over by that green dude Android.

However, even the original QNX is fine with me, I wrote about it back in 1993. Did anyone know that it was a QNX extreme security box they turned off last to blow Chernobyl?

Does anyone know manufacturer/model/make of Playbook SoC? Even rumors, or variants are welcome, I have plenty of inquiries on Playbook I can't answer. Thank you in advance. In my blog, enjoy the fresh Notion Ink Adam scandal (sure it's repost of Android police excellent investigation, but not just that)
    12-10-10 01:45 PM
    However, even the original QNX is fine with me, I wrote about it back in 1993. Did anyone know that it was a QNX extreme security box they turned off last to blow Chernobyl?

Does anyone know manufacturer/model/make of Playbook SoC? Even rumors, or variants are welcome, I have plenty of inquiries on Playbook I can't answer.
    Can you link to this article with the Chernobyl information?

and it was found in this thread that the PB will be rocking a Texas instruments OMAP 4430. I had theorized that it would be the 4440 due to me finding information that the 4430 was only 725Mhz, but a picture of the about screen shows it to be a 4430, and other info showed it can be clocked up to 1 ghz.
    12-10-10 02:13 PM
    Can you link to this article with the Chernobyl information?
    My article was published in 1993 (or was it 1994?) in major Russian computer paper magazine called Computerra. They have online version now, but I don't think they have archives this old accessible to the general public. Or even to me who was a freelace, extra reviewer, then nobody for them after 1999.
    Chernobyl reference was censored out in print, but my friend claims he has seen it reinstalled in 1996 or 1997 in digital copy of restricted circulation: too many other industrial catastrophes were bound with mismanagement of controlling RTOS boxes (QNX was just the most popular RTOS in the USSR)

and it was found in this thread that the PB will be rocking a Texas instruments OMAP 4430. I had theorized that it would be the 4440 due to me finding information that the 4430 was only 725Mhz, but a picture of the about screen shows it to be a 4430, and other info showed it can be clocked up to 1 ghz.
    Thank God if it's TI OMAP 4430 of Pandaboard (Platform | Pandaboard, I was drooling about it all over my blog. That is, before drooling over NookColor and RIM BB PlayBook, lol.
    I beg you pardon if I hurt some BB sensitivities in this quite closely knit and cosy BB/Crackberry community, but green dude A 2.3....3.0 will be over this Playbook toy in no time.
    12-10-10 03:06 PM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD