When the partner in a relationship is pulling a stunt like this there is only one thing to do, go out and get them the biggest most expensive gift you can.

Divorce papers! Now lay off my PlayBook!

Kidding, funny little story. Happens at my house with my son, he has an iPad 2 but wants my playbook as it can play the fisher price web games, they are flash.
    01-28-12 10:40 AM
    When two weeks ago I got a new Playbook, my wife said - stop with these toys. My 4 years daughter saw it and joyfully fluttered around me - Father, we have a great new Ipod. She - my daughter has Ipod touch, 10 inch Android tablet, home PC, but most love to play on PB - so often I have to check my emails via the phone
    01-28-12 11:10 AM
    My wife doesn't care to much for these things and she rarely if ever touches any of my devices. She's always buying them for me though.

I have a strict "you see with your eyes and not with your hands" philosophy. Even more so where kids are concerned. I hate sharing tech...
    Last edited by Hush9300; 01-28-12 at 02:44 PM.
    01-28-12 11:47 AM
    I love stories like these! It seems most PlayBook owners have a similar story or two, lol.
    01-28-12 01:52 PM
    First day playbook came home, wife " another new toy!"
    Couple of weeks latter, wife "can i look at something on the Internet on your play thingy?"
    Then Sunday morning still in bed, wife "just need to check my emails on THE playbook" And finally yesterday, wife, while looking on the app,s "did you know we could get this for OUR playbook!!!"
    This is the exact scenario that led me to buy one for my wife when I bought one for myself. And you married guys already know that it made no difference.

I now have this conversation "Where is yours? "Why?" "I need to use it while mine is charging."
    hpjrt and redk like this.
    01-28-12 07:26 PM
    Keep it as "ours" till the next playbook comes out. Then give it to her and get the new one for yourself
    01-28-12 07:33 PM
    Same story here.
    First I get the"do we really need that?"
    Fast forward to today....We have 2 now.
    Same story here.
    2004...Why do you need a camera on your cell phone?
    2006...Why do you text instead of calling?
    2007...Why do need a BlackBerry, use a computer to email.
    2011...Why do you need a tablet, use a laptop?

Today, she only uses her BB Torch for pictures, email, BBM, and text messaging. She borrows my PlayBook and after 2.0 comes out and the new models launch, I'll give her mine and get a new one.
    01-28-12 09:56 PM
    I vote give her that one and get another for you.
    (Then you can video chat from in front of the big screen watching the Lions win while she's in the kitchen and ask "what's for supper" without straining your voice. )

Then turn it off quickly before she asks you to take out the garbage...
    lions got beat a few weeks ago bro. ha.
    01-29-12 12:06 AM
    Great Thread! I love hearing/reading these stories... it's what Blackberry is all about.
    cntrydncr223 likes this.
    01-29-12 12:33 AM
    lions got beat a few weeks ago bro. ha.
    Sadly, they usually do.
    01-30-12 12:35 AM
    This is the exact scenario that led me to buy one for my wife when I bought one for myself. And you married guys already know that it made no difference.

I now have this conversation "Where is yours? "Why?" "I need to use it while mine is charging."
    lmao!! This is so true, my wife is using mine right now at the table while I lay here with hers plugged into the wall lol.
    01-30-12 01:47 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD