I wouldn't be surprised if, once OS 2.0 comes out, the wife tells you..."Come and see what MY Playbook can now do!!!"

Cheers!
    You mean mine? Is what I would say! I wait another bad idea!
    apg300 likes this.
    01-26-12 04:16 PM
    I foresaw this happening and ordered 2 in the 1st place. Funny how the non-technical spouses suddenly take to things that they insist they don't need before you get them
    blue-b and JoyfulHeart35 like this.
    01-26-12 04:18 PM
    I foresaw this happening and ordered 2 in the 1st place. Funny how the non-technical spouses suddenly take to things that they insist they don't need before you get them
    Are you a wizard? You must be your name is "Nedmundo"!
    01-26-12 04:32 PM
    I own 3 tablets: iPad2, Kindle Fire, and the PlayBook. iPad2 used to go to work. Now the PlayBook goes to work and has nearly completely replaced my desktop PC at home. I bought the Kindle Fire and the PlayBook at the same time and was expecting to send one back. The wife and kids took to the Fire because daddy is too protective of his PlayBook so, since it was inexpensive, it found permanent residence. The iPad2 has turned into a dust collector that occasionally gets used if the PlayBook isn't immediately on hand or if the kids can't find the Fire. True story.
    Snap51 likes this.
    01-26-12 04:33 PM
    I own 3 tablets: iPad2, Kindle Fire, and the PlayBook. iPad2 used to go to work. Now the PlayBook goes to work and has nearly completely replaced my desktop PC at home. I bought the Kindle Fire and the PlayBook at the same time and was expecting to send one back. The wife and kids took to the Fire because daddy is too protective of his PlayBook so, since it was inexpensive, it found permanent residence. The iPad2 has turned into a dust collector that occasionally gets used if the PlayBook isn't immediately on hand or if the kids can't find the Fire. True story.
    Isn't it always this story. The iPad is too big to carry around daily! The iPad shall go to the chopping block! (E-bay)
    ralfyguy likes this.
    01-26-12 04:39 PM
    Yep, my wife had one of those robot tablets, but as soon as she got a look at my PB, she began grumbling about her tablet. That's when she started asking if she could use mine. Next thing I know, I'm in Office Depot buying one for her.

Hey, what can I say. I keep her happy, she keeps me happy.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    01-26-12 05:56 PM
    Same thing here.

Wife "What do you need that for?". Fast forward 3 months, Wife "since they are on sale, can you buy me one too?".

Gave her my 32 and ordered a 64 for myself.

P.S.
    If she gets on CB I'm a dead man.
    hpjrt, mjs416, szparaj and 5 others like this.
    01-26-12 06:26 PM
    because I love you so much...........
    01-26-12 06:50 PM
    Here's my old 16GB Playbook I have no use for it anymore! It's not enough space I need a 64GB!
    Oh boy, some people need as much help with sales and marketing as RIM does! ;-)

It's not "old"! Rather, it's been thoroughly tested so she doesn't have to worry about any problems. (Because you love her.)

And never say "I have no use for it" when you give something away... "I wanted you to have it because [any reason at all]" is much better.

And, as said earlier, don't even mention the memory capacities... If you have to, make sure she knows she's "getting the one that's lighter, and takes less time to back up...
    01-26-12 06:53 PM
    I'll remember this for the future when I get married and the playbook 5 is out...
    01-26-12 06:59 PM
    I have to hide mine from the kids. They prefer the PlayBook to my wife's ipad. I'm so proud of them.
    cntrydncr223, hpjrt and Snap51 like this.
    01-26-12 07:11 PM
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    01-26-12 07:19 PM
    That would be perfect!
    All the fellow wives are gonna hate me...
    01-26-12 09:45 PM
    I have to hide mine from the kids. They prefer the PlayBook to my wife's ipad. I'm so proud of them.
    You taught them well, master berry...
    01-26-12 09:46 PM
    64 gigs for 239.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7067562

now you don't have to share
    01-26-12 09:49 PM
    Be a nice guy and give the playbook to her. Buy yourself another one!!
    Thats what I did. Except I couldnt stop using my wifes PB i got one for myself and just upgraded to the 64gb version. Space shouldnt be a problem now.
    01-26-12 10:04 PM
    Be a nice guy and give the playbook to her. Buy yourself another one!!
    That's exactly what I did. Momma's happy, etc, etc ;-)
    01-26-12 10:57 PM
    Oh boy, some people need as much help with sales and marketing as RIM does! ;-)

It's not "old"! Rather, it's been thoroughly tested so she doesn't have to worry about any problems. (Because you love her.)

And never say "I have no use for it" when you give something away... "I wanted you to have it because [any reason at all]" is much better.

And, as said earlier, don't even mention the memory capacities... If you have to, make sure she knows she's "getting the one that's lighter, and takes less time to back up...
    I think RIM's marketing dept. has openings...
    01-26-12 11:18 PM
    Isn't it always this story. The iPad is too big to carry around daily! The iPad shall go to the chopping block! (E-bay)
    I remember when I heard the playbook would be 7" and the rationale was "it makes it more portable!" i thought it was just an excuse. NOW i know it is the truth... my wife's 10" ipad is just too cumbersome on the move but my 7" playbook is about as convenient as a book. In fact, i can take it to church and use the NLT bible i have installed on it via my kindle cloud reader and it s smaller than my actual bible was. And i can take notes without a pen and paper!!!
    JoyfulHeart35 and peter9477 like this.
    01-27-12 05:46 AM
    Ha, my wife and I share a PlayBook which means I am usually on my Torch because someone else has the PlayBook all the time...and she tells me I have a problem with my BB addiction, lol.
    Elyssa_38 likes this.
    01-27-12 10:24 AM
    First day playbook came home, wife " another new toy!"
    Couple of weeks latter, wife "can i look at something on the Internet on your play thingy?"
    Then Sunday morning still in bed, wife "just need to check my emails on THE playbook" And finally yesterday, wife, while looking on the app,s "did you know we could get this for OUR playbook!!!"
    Classic what is mine is mine, and what is yours is ours I just had to buy my wife one, she used it once and that was it! She goes "you cheated i want an ipad thing as well". So she was convinced she wanted an iPad because it was bigger, so i asked her a question, how on earth will you fit an iPad in your handbag? Playbook, SOLD!!
    Superfly_FR, Snap51 and BB10FTW like this.
    01-27-12 10:39 AM
    First day playbook came home, wife " another new toy!"
    Couple of weeks latter, wife "can i look at something on the Internet on your play thingy?"
    Then Sunday morning still in bed, wife "just need to check my emails on THE playbook" And finally yesterday, wife, while looking on the app,s "did you know we could get this for OUR playbook!!!"
    So you probably know what to do on Valentine's day !
    Elyssa_38 likes this.
    01-27-12 11:54 AM
    lol awwwe so sweet
    01-27-12 09:00 PM
    Awesome same thing happened to me and a month or more went by and my wife bought one. She doesnt use it nearly as much as i do but she loves it and has decided her next smartphone will be a BB10 device!!! Switching from her galaxy s android phone
    01-27-12 11:44 PM
    I bought two playbooks before I managed to keep one for myself. The first one I lost to my son (Got tired of fighting him for it! He's 3yrs old). The second PB I lost to my wife because I got tired of listening to her and my son fighting over the first. Now the third one is strictly mine! All have been warned HANDS OFF and I figure I have at least a good year to a year and a half before my younger twin sons discover what it's all about!
    01-28-12 10:13 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD