wow that escalated quickly...
    BerryClever and esk369 like this.
    10-06-12 07:54 PM
    Just to add my two penneth, I tried it, it's awful, slow, riddled with ads and other trash. It's all stolen.

It's for the birds
    10-06-12 08:02 PM
    This is the fault of Netflix and Hulu and other services that refuse, yes refuse, to provide apps for PlayBook so we can legitimately access the content we already pay for. I have had a Netflix subscription long before they even started to offer streaming. I purchase content from Amazon and the PB video store. I buy lots of legal content.

But when a service discriminates and refuses to provide apps, we will get that content in whatever manner we can. Blame the content providers. Their failure is the problem, not the people who are ignored by this discrimination.

No content, no peace! :-)
    Discrimination, no less? Woah.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-06-12 08:47 PM
    I've used that site for years now. There are no viruses or anything else on it. It is tricky to use. It may not have every series or movie but the selection is pretty good. I've used it to get caught up on more than one series when I fall behind.

Different streaming sources work differently depending on your equipment. Putlocker seems to be consistently the best.
    10-06-12 09:22 PM
    I've used a similar site to catch up on tv shows, when I can't do it through other means on the device I want to watch it on (such as on my PlayBook). These sites can be very cumbersome to use at times, and I'd much rather use an official source with a better experience. But it works when there is no alternative.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    10-06-12 10:47 PM
    better than netflix.... i think not..

i use my playbook alot... but as a streaming device... not so good..
    10-06-12 11:16 PM
    disagree, pb is effective at streaming imo, plus it is so easy and compact to connect to the tv thru hdmi. in my experience find the stream, plugin and go. used to do it thru my mac, but pb is just handy.
    esk369 and cleveland216 like this.
    10-07-12 02:14 AM
    This is the fault of Netflix and Hulu and other services that refuse, yes refuse, to provide apps for PlayBook so we can legitimately access the content we already pay for. I have had a Netflix subscription long before they even started to offer streaming. I purchase content from Amazon and the PB video store. I buy lots of legal content.

But when a service discriminates and refuses to provide apps, we will get that content in whatever manner we can. Blame the content providers. Their failure is the problem, not the people who are ignored by this discrimination.

No content, no peace! :-)
    So a company chooses to not support a platform and that makes them discriminatory. I am sorry but that is a word that should be used with care. Lots of people are discriminated against very day because they are members of a different race, or they are gay, or they are women, or they are a member of a particular religious faith - the list could go on. I corporation is NOT discriminating against a phone or tablet user by not supporting their platform. You have the option to choose another platform as a simple matter of consumer choice, or you can accept that not every option will be available on every platform. BTW, it is situational ethics in the extreme to claim it is Netflix's or Hulu's, or anyone else's fault that people choose to illegally pirate media. By that logic, one should be able to rob a bank and say it was the bank's fault because they wouldn't give the person a loan.
    10-07-12 02:52 AM
    If you want to talk about ethics then let's do so. How ethical have the tv broadcasters been that it took an act of congress to stop them from irritating consumers by blasting commercials at them. How ethical is it that we are limitted to such a few choices for previously viewed footage. It's nothing more than a money grab and I don't feel for them in the slightest. If the website is truly breaking the law then shut down the thread. I won't mention the site again.
    esk369 and nappp like this.
    10-07-12 03:35 AM
    Anything like PlayOn or TVersity for Mac OS?
    10-07-12 03:46 AM
    Wrong is wrong, as much as you might pretend it's not. A person doesn't have to agree that they're a morally repulsive thief to be convicted in a court of law.
    Hope the FBI detects your actions and you get arrested.
    Have a nice day, enjoy your delusions.
    lol careful not to get a nosebleed up on your high horse. What a snobby pr ick you are, you know that? I'm certain you've done nooooothing illegal in your life. Have a nice day, and keep wishing bad upon others! Karma should catch up with you
    esk369 and nappp like this.
    10-07-12 04:49 AM
    IBLD.

5morechar
    10-07-12 05:32 AM
    The solution is fairly easy... Add a $5/month or $10/month streaming plan to the Video Store. Simple.

I personally think this is how RIM should go about BIS when BB10 hits. Video Store Streaming, BBM Music, BlackBerry Protect.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 08:21 AM
    So a company chooses to not support a platform and that makes them discriminatory. I am sorry but that is a word that should be used with care.
    The word discriminatory has a meaning;
    Making or showing an unfair or prejudicial distinction between different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
    Using it in a context that it isn't normally used doesn't take anything away from the people who are discriminated against.
    Netflix is prejudging the longevity of the Playbook by not supporting it with an app.

The TV and Movie industry have their heads buried in the sand when it comes to the Internet.
    Like the Music industry, they will eventually wake up and learn how to make money from streaming rather than using so much effort to try and have it eliminated.
    I am not endorsing piracy any more than CB is by allowing the link to be posted. Pretending it doesn't exist and thinking a link is going to make criminals out of normally law abiding people is silly.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 08:32 AM
    Seems to be a lot of pontificating going on here with name calling to boot.
    I say to each his/her own I wont be quick to decide or judge anyone wrong only each individual knows what They do privately as far as using software to rip DVD's or watching pirated content on a website.
    I just don't find it personally worth it to engage my luck being 1 of the millions who they decide to make a legal example of I pay for the content or in the case of say NF on the playbook just do without it.
    As I said to each her/his own.
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-07-12 09:01 AM
    Seems to be a lot of pontificating going on here with name calling to boot.
    I say to each his/her own
    Except it's not each to their own if you are linking to pirate sites here and also talking about designing apps that will aid in that piracy - that links Crackberry to the process in terms of how google and other search engines index the web - the next thing you find is that crackberry gets deranked by google because it is classified as a piracy site.
    10-07-12 09:14 AM
    Except it's not each to their own if you are linking to pirate sites here and also talking about designing apps that will aid in that piracy - that links Crackberry to the process in terms of how google and other search engines index the web - the next thing you find is that crackberry gets deranked by google because it is classified as a piracy site.
    As I said to each his own so if you want to play forum policeman as far as I'm concerned its your right to do so.
    BTW as to my policeman comment I'm sure if the forum mods thought this to be a problem they would take the appropriate action.
    PS. As I said in my post I don't use these sites and I'm not talking about designing any app to do so I'm more then happy to pay for the content I use.
    Last edited by esk369; 10-07-12 at 09:50 AM.
    10-07-12 09:39 AM
    I've had netflix for several years, and I must say it's getting kind of boring. Enjoyed my free month of Amazon prime just as well. I did notice this Site does have some tv show I've missed.
    Netflix's video selection in Canada is pathetic. I can sign up for Netflix through my PS3 but there is really no reason to do that. Old movies, new releases are non existent. I read somewhere that Sony or another publisher chose not to renew agreement with Netflix. This means that Netflix's selection will be even less attractive. I think that Netflix never bothered releasing app for playbook because this tablet has never took off in the US. This might change once BB10 comes out and new phone sells will be more attractive.
    10-07-12 10:19 AM
    Here's a thought, stop watching this crap altogether. I don't feel sorry for an industry that has made way too much money for far to long. Tv and movies are not a necessity, and you'd be amazed what you can accomplish when you stop wasting your time. As an added bonus, you start having original thoughts, instead of being told what to think by advertising. If you think I'm wrong, just remember the largest industry today is built on controlling your thoughts.
    10-07-12 10:51 AM
    If you want to talk about ethics then let's do so. How ethical have the tv broadcasters been that it took an act of congress to stop them from irritating consumers by blasting commercials at them. How ethical is it that we are limitted to such a few choices for previously viewed footage. It's nothing more than a money grab and I don't feel for them in the slightest. If the website is truly breaking the law then shut down the thread. I won't mention the site again.
    The above is out of context. You should of stuck with the rabbit out of a hat trick.
    You're NFLPlaybook is a many yards short of a first down.
    10-07-12 02:42 PM
    The above is out of context. You should of stuck with the rabbit out of a hat trick.
    You're NFLPlaybook is a many yards short of a first down.
    It's far from out of context if you read the end of the statement. The body may be on a different subject but the ending is clear. A 109 yard kick return.
    10-07-12 06:21 PM
    I agree with NFL. The context is spot on if ethics is brought up. Law does not determine ethics, but rather ethics should determine law. The use of these sites is only unethical if the individual agrees that downloading an available file could be considered theft. My opinion, the onus should be on the film industry to provide a product to the free market in a way they can profit from. For instance, if I download a movie for free, the filmmaker is not out any $$$, cause I never would have paid in the first place. I just wouldn't have seen the movie.
    Satellite is another example. If you broadcast a signal that is present at my home, and I figure out how to interpret that signal, that is not theft. The responsibility should remain with the provider to ensure the necessity of payment. They cannot own the air around us, and no one can own the Internet.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    10-07-12 09:56 PM
    Netflix's video selection in Canada is pathetic. I can sign up for Netflix through my PS3 but there is really no reason to do that. Old movies, new releases are non existent. I read somewhere that Sony or another publisher chose not to renew agreement with Netflix. This means that Netflix's selection will be even less attractive. I think that Netflix never bothered releasing app for playbook because this tablet has never took off in the US. This might change once BB10 comes out and new phone sells will be more attractive.
    Netflix isn't that great in the US either. I heard that Amazon Prime was better, but it is also more expensive.
    10-07-12 10:02 PM
    For instance, if I download a movie for free, the filmmaker is not out any $$$, cause I never would have paid in the first place. I just wouldn't have seen the movie.
    Except you did see the movie. You obtained a benefit that you would not have otherwise based on someone else's work.

Netflix isn't that great in the US either. I heard that Amazon Prime was better, but it is also more expensive.
    Amazon Prime is actually cheaper than Netflix last I checked.
    10-07-12 10:04 PM
    I once streamed a really hyped fight on the PB cuz I didn't want to pay for it, HDMI connected to the TV. I felt very guilty afterwards... but only for about 10 minutes. Then I started bragging to my wife who has an iPad
    nappp likes this.
    10-07-12 10:29 PM
59 123