Discovered a great video site: Project Free TV - Watch all your favorite tv shows and movies online free

Works fab on the computer, especially if you ad the add blocker extenstions to both Firefox and Chrome. Don't know about IE, don't use it.

On the Playbook a bit trickier, but easy enough. When scrolling, don't touch any white space on the sides. There are hidden ads in the white space and can become annoying. Always scroll on the orange or in the middle.

Just about any TV show you would want to watch. You may have to watch one ad at the beginning, but I find you will only have the one ad per session.. Nags you to join, which I did and came in handy to join the forums. Lots of movies as well.

Ignore the Download button as it is simply an ad for WXdownload and this version has the evil Babylon toolbar, so stay away from that. You can't dowload from this site.

My nephew turned me on to this site and he has been watching it for years.

Hope its helpful.

I
    anon(4166778) and j21jam6 like this.
    10-05-12 07:54 PM
    If by free you mean pirated content spread over multiple servers in a very inconvenient way to avoid DMCA complaints, sure.
    10-05-12 08:00 PM
    Interesting concept, however definitely pirated material and one is still subject to copyright laws watching or downloading content.
    10-05-12 09:02 PM
    A bit of warning too. From what I have read of it, there are some viruses found from the ads they present. It probably wouldn't effect the PB at all, but if you are watching from a Windows machine... well make sure you have an anti virus installed. I don't know about the legality of it, I much rather stream movies and shows to my TV through Netflix or Amazon or whatever service and, if need be, use a copy of one of my own DVDs for my portable devices such as the PB.
    keith1000 likes this.
    10-05-12 09:53 PM
    Um, yeah, wouldn't touch that site with my enemies computer wearing a condom. Illegal and virus laden.

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    esk369 likes this.
    10-05-12 09:55 PM
    My apologies if this thread has offended anyone. I noticed threads referring to veetle and crackle as well as many threads discussing torrent apps for the playbook. Since I didn't see any complaint about those threads, I didn't worry about posting this. Just trying to be helpful. My antivirus has found no issues with the site. Moderator can remove thread if they wish.
    10-06-12 12:04 AM
    Crackle is legal (owned by Sony I believe), and Veetle (if I understand correctly) is all (mostly is, and is supposed to be) user generated content (like youtube).
    Most network sites stream there most recent episodes online. Most of those sites work on your PlayBook.
    SifJar likes this.
    10-06-12 12:18 AM
    It's pretty sad when an individual who buys a product that's named a Playbook.....
    ...Has to sink so low "just to be able" to consume streaming media.
    ...There currently is NO substitute for Netflix & Hulu.

Worse yet I just checked the new Playbook video store....
    ...Searching for Movies I would have seriously considered buying.

1. Star Trek = "no results found"

2. The Community = "no results found"

3. Cowboys and Aliens = "no results found"

5. The Thing ( they have that one )

How could they not have Star Trek?
    10-06-12 12:20 AM
    I have to agree with pythons, RIM really needs to step up there game!
    10-06-12 12:30 AM
    RIM isn't the one who builds the apps.
    Like I said, most networks work on the PlayBook.
    Would it be nice to have Netflix and Hulu? Of course. But we don't (unless you use PlayOn, which works great http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ix-fix-675173/).
    If you're having trouble finding anything to watch, you can always indulge me in a little advertising and try Tablet TV Free or Tablet TV Full Version.
    Harryl6134, hpjrt and pkcable like this.
    10-06-12 12:39 AM
    Crackle is legal (owned by Sony I believe), and Veetle (if I understand correctly) is all (mostly is, and is supposed to be) user generated content (like youtube).
    Most network sites stream there most recent episodes online. Most of those sites work on your PlayBook.
    Veetle is full of tv shows and movies. Not just user generated content. Youtube is overloaded in pirated tv shows.
    10-06-12 12:49 AM
    My apologies if this thread has offended anyone. I noticed threads referring to veetle and crackle as well as many threads discussing torrent apps for the playbook. Since I didn't see any complaint about those threads, I didn't worry about posting this. Just trying to be helpful. My antivirus has found no issues with the site. Moderator can remove thread if they wish.
    To each their own. What people do on their own equipment is their business IMO. Just fair warning, that's all.
    10-06-12 01:12 AM
    It's pretty sad when an individual who buys a product that's named a Playbook.....

Worse yet I just checked the new Playbook video store....
    ...Searching for Movies I would have seriously considered buying.

1. Star Trek = "no results found"

2. The Community = "no results found"

3. Cowboys and Aliens = "no results found"

5. The Thing ( they have that one )

How could they not have Star Trek?
    Allow me to introduce you to the Paramount legal team. Lol

I got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk
    10-06-12 01:12 AM
    For me personally, not offended at all. Just read about the viruses and stuff. Personally I am pretty apathetic about about that category of the subject. Like I said, I rather pay for it to stream on my tv with convenience, or copy my personal dvds with the quality I want (Don't want to keeping buying duplicate movies for each device after all). So for me, no offense taken.

That really has to be taken up with Netflix and Hulu, they have the say if it is on the PlayBook or not. BB10 will probably have Netflix I think. I don't know about Hulu, but I much rather Amazon than Hulu. I did not like Hulu at all, but any of Amazon's services are doubtful to be the PlayBook unless BB10 brings in a lot of users. Again, my opinion.
    10-06-12 01:28 AM
    thanks for the link. now i can watch some tv shows i missed like .... anger management.....i will need one until rim sends back my repaired playbook
    10-06-12 12:39 PM
    Free viruses, where do I signup?lol
    10-06-12 12:47 PM
    First of all, you aren't going to get a virus on your PlayBook from the website.

I've also been using Hulu and Netflix on the PB for a very long time (long live Connect to TVersity) as well as steaming video.

I'm not a big fan of stolen content, if anyone really is interested in this website though I can build an application to cater to it and make it easier to watch videos. but if it really is just a multimirror website, you'll end up having problems watching vids due to streaming. So not sure its a geat idea long term.

Not sure I would want to submit the app in appworld though..

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    pkcable likes this.
    10-06-12 02:32 PM
    I would love to test it out!
    10-06-12 02:57 PM
    Is this what this place has come to? links to pirate site and people talking about building apps to make it easier to pirate IPR? - are we going to have a thread on how to crack and pirate apps as well?
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-06-12 03:01 PM
    KermEd, if I may suggest a name, call the app AaarrPlay!
    pkcable, DC506 and esk369 like this.
    10-06-12 04:00 PM
    there are thousands of these sites, same as streams for tv, sport, even washing the car.

it ain't the same as netflix in any way shape or form. legal sites don't have dl links to mule or other such means, plus there isn't 10 links per film in case they've been taken down by legal teams, etc.

I'm not whiter than white in any way shape or form, and ill admit to liking a free sports stream or two, but let's keep cb out of the legal spotlight where movie sharing is concerned.

appreciate the share but not really for her, particuarly with the subject. as others have said there are legit sites such as crackle, veetle, and even content on the apps for pb in the market, like filmon.
    reeneebob likes this.
    10-06-12 05:01 PM
    This is the fault of Netflix and Hulu and other services that refuse, yes refuse, to provide apps for PlayBook so we can legitimately access the content we already pay for. I have had a Netflix subscription long before they even started to offer streaming. I purchase content from Amazon and the PB video store. I buy lots of legal content.

But when a service discriminates and refuses to provide apps, we will get that content in whatever manner we can. Blame the content providers. Their failure is the problem, not the people who are ignored by this discrimination.

No content, no peace! :-)
    pickles#WP, eternalemb and evozero like this.
    10-06-12 05:46 PM
    ...and queue the amateur lawyers. I hate these right vs wrong debates. I do what I want and you do the same. No one's mind is ever changed from a forum debate
    Last edited by nappp; 10-06-12 at 07:51 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-06-12 07:30 PM
    Wrong is wrong, as much as you might pretend it's not. A person doesn't have to agree that they're a morally repulsive thief to be convicted in a court of law.
    Hope the FBI detects your actions and you get arrested.
    Have a nice day, enjoy your delusions.
    ignites likes this.
    10-06-12 07:45 PM
    I've had netflix for several years, and I must say it's getting kind of boring. Enjoyed my free month of Amazon prime just as well. I did notice this Site does have some tv show I've missed.
    10-06-12 07:53 PM
59 123