I have had my PB for almost one year now, and I'm starting to get fed up with it. See my other thread about this topic. Does anyone have any tablet recommendations besides the PB? Also, keep it moderately / cheaply priced. Which means, no iPads.
    05-20-13 01:46 PM
    I have had my PB for almost one year now, and I'm starting to get fed up with it. See my other thread about this topic. Does anyone have any tablet recommendations besides the PB? Also, keep it moderately / cheaply priced. Which means, no iPads.
    Well, iPad minis are pretty inexpensive. What is your price range? There are a lot of midrange Android tablets that are all fairly comparable. If you go to a Best Buy to try them out you could probably find them cheaper on Amazon.
    05-20-13 01:52 PM
    The nexus 7 is pretty decent, have one myself, and the charger doubles as a high speed charger for the Z10 if you have one.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-20-13 01:56 PM
    IMO, tablets purchases are NOT to be treated the same way as mobile devices. The use-cases are completely different and not practical on a mobile device.

I recommend choosing a tablet that right for you. For me, I need a workhorse. Something that runs Excel and Word docs very efficiently. I also need a monster browser - equivalent to to a desktop browsing experience. This is all #1 priority for me. So I do have a PlayBook for that. After those demands are met, the bells and whistles are a plus.

However, Im currently looking for a tablet to replace my PlayBook. I dont think BBRY is going to support Gen 1 anymore. I dont think the iPad is a workhorse for my use (its not a debate, just my opinion). Im thinking the Surface maybe. Im not sure, but I'm in the same boat as you.
    erichobo and philblin like this.
    05-20-13 01:58 PM
    Two questions:

1. What makes you fed up about the PLayBook?
    2. What do you want to use your tablet for?
    goodayeh likes this.
    05-20-13 01:58 PM
    I am thinking about picking up an older galaxy tab 8.9. Tegra 2 dual core processor, but can still handle a bunch of things. Also there is a jelly bean 4.2.2 cyanogenmod update for it too. Should be sweet.

Also about $150 on ebay.

Posted via CB10 with the Dev Alpha C
    05-20-13 01:59 PM
    What, exactly, do you want this other tablet to do better than the PlayBook?
    05-20-13 02:44 PM
    Play gta3, mine craft. Pe, pc emulation, widgets, Google docs, multi user support. I could go on lol.

Posted via CB10 with the Dev Alpha C
    05-20-13 02:54 PM
    Any IOS or Android tablet is way better than the PB. If you have a strong price point go with a middle range Android.
    Eskibo likes this.
    05-20-13 02:57 PM
    If you go to my other thread, I explain why I am fed up with the Playbook.
    Two questions:

05-20-13 03:53 PM
    Any IOS or Android tablet is way better than the PB. If you have a strong price point go with a middle range Android.
    "Way better" in some ways, yes.

In other ways, the PB is better than iOS or Android tablets.

It really depends on what you want.
    cdnynot likes this.
    05-20-13 03:55 PM
    Any important things to know about the Nexus 7?
    The nexus 7 is pretty decent, have one myself, and the charger doubles as a high speed charger for the Z10 if you have one.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-20-13 03:55 PM
    Any important things to know about the Nexus 7?
    It's pretty snappy, but when you fill it up with stuff it tends to get laggy at times. Some of the tegra3 games do not run at optimal performance which is ******** because it says "Optimized for tegra3" so you kind of have to lower the games graphical output to really have a smooth experience which sucks, the processor is only 1.2 ghz which is a huge let down and which cause the lag in certain games and overall. The screen isn't that great either, camera is pointless, it's a good cheap option though, should fit your Google and gaming needs.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-20-13 04:11 PM
    If you go to my other thread, I explain why I am fed up with the Playbook.
    In looking at your other thread, it doesn't really tell me what you want a tablet to do for you that a PlayBook can't do? For example, what apps do you wish to run? What tasks do you wish to perform? How will you use it on a daily basis? Where is the PlayBook failing for you at these tasks now?

Your post is basically a rant about updates, what you perceive as "no good apps" and doesn't really provide much to go on in terms of a recommendation as to what might best meet your needs.
    05-20-13 04:52 PM
    Really? Any tablet is better than the PlayBook in every single, solitary way?

OK - I'll bite. How is my iPad Mini better if I want to hook it up to my TV and want to watch a movie stored on it? How is it better at flipping between multiple applications at once? Or transferring all kinds of files to it as a common network drive? What about bang for the buck in terms of storage space? How are the speakers better? How about if I visit a site that makes a lot of use of Flash?

All devices have strengths and weaknesses. It's pointless to say "X is better than Y" universally. Which is why I come back to the same question: What does the OP want to do with his tablet that he can't today. This will help make recommendations easier.
    walt63 and jamesharmeling like this.
    05-20-13 04:55 PM
    Galaxy Note Tab 2 or iPad4. Used them both. Apple is nice but the note tab 2 I'd awesome. Loving it.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 05:01 PM
    Two questions:

______

Those are key questions. Many PB users are quite happy with the OS, apps and hardware. It's not for everybody.
    05-20-13 06:07 PM
    what tablet is better than a playbook you ask ? 2 playbooks of course
    05-20-13 06:14 PM
    what tablet is better than a playbook you ask ? 2 playbooks of course
    Not better than 2 Playbooks and a matching pair of white and black Z10's. I win.
    05-20-13 07:12 PM
    Not better than 2 Playbooks and a matching pair of white and black Z10's. I win.
    id like a z10, the cash simply isn't there lol
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-20-13 07:46 PM
    Better tablet than the current PlayBook is a PlayBook that runs in BB10 (non-beta ofcourse)... just a personal opinion only...

Posted via Z10
    jamesharmeling and kbz1960 like this.
    05-20-13 08:01 PM
    I will admit to looking at the HP Envy convertible full Win8 yesterday. Looked quite nice but larger than I'd like.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-13 08:59 PM
    My dad has a Galaxy Tab 2 and he loves it. I still love my PB though.
    05-20-13 09:02 PM
    I will admit to looking at the HP Envy convertible full Win8 yesterday. Looked quite nice but larger than I'd like.
    I will take a serious look at any 7"-8" tablets that run Windows 8 Pro. Unfortunately, such devices don't exist yet.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-13 09:03 PM
    Sorry for getting back so late. Anyway, I always need a good browser that can run well, and smoothly. App selection needs to be decent. All I am asking for, is that the main key apps run smoothly and are quick, the OS to look nice an have lots of good stock apps that I will actually use. Now, I know that's a long list, but as last long as the company actually cares about the customer and their tablet, I'll be fine.
    In looking at your other thread, it doesn't really tell me what you want a tablet to do for you that a PlayBook can't do? For example, what apps do you wish to run? What tasks do you wish to perform? How will you use it on a daily basis? Where is the PlayBook failing for you at these tasks now?

Your post is basically a rant about updates, what you perceive as "no good apps" and doesn't really provide much to go on in terms of a recommendation as to what might best meet your needs.
    05-20-13 09:07 PM
54 123