I'm wondering if there is some sort of a media player or file browser that is optimal for using with Bridge files? I have a 32gig microSD card on my blackberry so I store almost my entire music collection on my phone, however they're not organized too well on it. Is there a decent way for the PB to play music from my phone well? Right now I am just selecting the songs through File Manager one by one... there's no shuffle mode, they're not organized by artist or anything so I have to remember what I feel like playing, search for it and then play it. Not ideal tbh. Anyone figured out a better method?
    06-22-12 01:42 PM
    I didn't realize they had added even the option you're using. I used to check for it after each update but gave up a long time ago. I assume the native music player will have what you're asking about if it ever gets an update. its so basic.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-22-12 02:11 PM
    The EXACT same thing. I can't find anything in App world, there may be something in the Android Market that you could try to "sideload".

I'm hoping that something will be done in the next OS update to BB10. Or a Dev. will come up with it.

Something that "loosely mimicks" Windows Media Player would be cool (without being sued by MS).

I am in the same boat as you...........

C
    06-22-12 02:14 PM
    Don't know about bridge, but ES File Explorer (needs sideloading) allows me to browse shared folders on my PC, plus it has its own internal media player that allows me to stream music and video on my PC to my PB. Maybe it'll work with bridge, or maybe someone else knows if it does.
    06-22-12 02:20 PM
    Don't know about bridge, but ES File Explorer (needs sideloading) allows me to browse shared folders on my PC, plus it has its own internal media player that allows me to stream music and video on my PC to my PB. Maybe it'll work with bridge, or maybe someone else knows if it does.
    I probably don't know enough about domain names and usernames, etc. I tried adding the ip address my phone is on to the server list but ran out of ideas for filling in the blanks.
    06-22-12 04:06 PM
    To connect to my PC, all I need is the IP address- my PC has no password. As I said, I wasn't sure it would work with bridge, I just thought it might be worth a try.
    06-22-12 04:25 PM
    This could be so simple if RIM spent 5 mins on it. Just let the PlayBook speakers play your BlackBerry music via Bluetooth. A little A2DP magic in a small app and done.

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com
    06-22-12 04:49 PM
    Search Appworld for Jeeosuite. It's Free. I use it all the time. It needs Wifi but I'm always near Wifi so it suits me perfectly.
    06-22-12 05:21 PM
    I didn't realize they had added even the option you're using. I used to check for it after each update but gave up a long time ago. I assume the native music player will have what you're asking about if it ever gets an update. its so basic.
    Just to clarify, there's no "feature" involved here beyond basic functionality available since first release; OP is simply repeating the oft-bemoaned fact that the PB can't play more than one song from a bridged BB because the only way to play any songs is to use File Manager to browse to the remote music file and then use the Open button to open it into the music player app.
    06-23-12 05:30 PM
    With PlayCloud, you can open your file from bridge... but I don't know if the bluetooth rate permits to read a music file.
    Bridge over wifi...

Nicolas
    06-29-12 04:32 AM
    Wondering if there has been any new developments and insight into this... still currently manually using File Manager from my phone as my playlist ATM
    10-24-12 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD