Hi everyone!

I'm a college student who uses a generic backpack to carry my books and laptop, which I would like to replace with my PlayBook.

I use RIM's convertible case for protection, but I would like to know if there is a better way (or even a need) to further protect my PlayBook. Does it need any more protection or a better case, or will it be safe with the case that I have?

What's the best method you use to protect your PlayBook?

Thank you!
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 01-24-12 at 08:19 PM.
    01-24-12 08:13 PM
    I guess most people will recommend Otterbox.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:21 PM
    one glorious, bullet and cruise missile resistant compound word...otterbox
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:21 PM
    I use the Otter Box Defender Series. It is a little tough to get on the Playbook, (the directions need improving), but once it is on the Playbook it is protected from almost anything but falling into water.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:34 PM
    I have full body skin + convertible case. Seems to protect it just fine.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    01-24-12 08:45 PM
    If you're looking for "bombproof" protection the Otterbox is the only way to go. It does add bulk,but not enough to be a deal breaker. To me,peace of mind trumps looks.
    01-24-12 09:26 PM
    If you really want to protect your PB, might I suggest something from Smith & Wesson or Glock.
    ultra07, e2wenty7 and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-24-12 09:36 PM
    All together.....Otterbox, Otterbox, Otterbox......the best protection for the PlayBook, hands down
    ultra07 likes this.
    01-24-12 09:44 PM
    When I've flown with the pb in its otterbox in my backpack I'm pretty confident that nothing else inside will damage the screen as much shoving under plane seats or security screening encounters it has. The case includes a nice easel feature, too.
    ultra07 likes this.
    01-24-12 09:50 PM
    I like to use the pb as is and use the BB sleeve

I switched to using my phone as is and use the smaller BB sleeve

The case that looks like an actual book cover might be good for a backpack. Then you could use the pb as is
    Last edited by anthogag; 01-25-12 at 08:55 AM.
    01-24-12 10:08 PM
    I use the leather journal case, I like holding my PlayBook like a left-handed book.

Although it does not provide much protection against drops and pressure, I naturally try to travel lightweight due to the amount of walking and use of transportation on a daily basis. What I use as a stand is the cover folded back with my Bold in its holster behind the back part of the case.

Yes textbooks can be heavy but I am almost sure you do not need every textbook you use every single day you go to class.
    01-25-12 12:22 AM
    Check this out if on a tight budget!
    $18 shipped from amazon. Very light and "grippy" and they include a screensaver.
    I wish it had been installed before my playbook slid off the table and broke the touchscreen on the tile floor. It is now a genuine "crackberry".
    01-25-12 12:49 AM
    Check this out if on a tight budget!
    $18 shipped from amazon. Very light and "grippy" and they include a screensaver.
    I wish it had been installed before my playbook slid off the table and broke the touchscreen on the tile floor. It is now a genuine "crackberry".
    Awwww genuine crackberry, cute!
    Where's the link so we can see your budget case?
    01-25-12 01:55 AM
    otterbox makes it too heavy. I own one and never use it. I also own the convertable case and dont care for it much (uncomfortable to hold). Now a days I just use a screen protector /w the bb zipper case. The zipper case has thick memory foam and protects well in my backpack.
    01-25-12 02:00 AM
    vw242 is talking about this one, the title on the post says it. ( I had to look several times before I noticed lol)
    Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook Hive Silicone Case - Black

Looks interesting too.
    01-25-12 03:11 AM
    I use a messenger bag to carry my stuff on campus. Pb stays safe and good looking inside the bb leather journal case. Plus it looks like a leather bound book
    01-25-12 03:23 AM
    You already have all the protection you need with the OEM Convertible case, accidental drops included.
    01-25-12 03:53 AM
    01-25-12 05:49 AM
    That case looks really tough
    01-25-12 05:52 AM
    Try this case out. Its not too big, provides plenty protection, and looks great.

Amazon.com: Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core - Black/Gray: Electronics
    01-25-12 06:34 AM
    Try this case out. Its not too big, provides plenty protection, and looks great.

Amazon.com: Incipio BlackBerry PlayBook SILICRYLIC Hard Shell Case with Silicone Core - Black/Gray: Electronics
    If you MUST buy something non-OEM, then I too recommend this case over any other faux "mil-spec" type case...will not add that ridiculous bulk all those GI Joe cases are guilty of.
    01-25-12 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD