I've been trying to use handbrake but when I do it seem to give me a video that only last 59mins and is all fizzy and jerky I have it on the ipad setting can anybody help? I've tried it with different dvds but it's still just the same. I'm doing this on a windows 7 laptop.
    try the Regular / Normal preset
    Anamorphic: Strict
    Detelecine: Default
    Decomb: Default
    Codec: H.264
    FPS: source
    Constant Quality: 20
    Audio track: AAC Dolby Prologic II 160
    Don't touch ANYTHING on the Advanced tab
    12-29-11 09:17 AM
    Has anyone tried this? Not sure if it ripps.

How to Convert Video to RIM BlackBerry PlayBook for Video Playing on PlayBook
    12-29-11 09:43 AM
    It looks pretty but I'd stay away from any pay converters. Handbrake is completely free
    12-29-11 09:48 AM
    I can't get this to work at all. I can rip the video. When I put it on the Playbook the video is all fragmented. What am I doing wrong?
    01-01-12 10:30 PM
    I can't get this to work at all. I can rip the video. When I put it on the Playbook the video is all fragmented. What am I doing wrong?
    Sorry, what can't you get to work?
    01-01-12 11:05 PM
    try the Regular / Normal preset
    Anamorphic: Strict
    Detelecine: Default
    Decomb: Default
    Codec: H.264
    FPS: source
    Constant Quality: 20
    Audio track: AAC Dolby Prologic II 160
    Don't touch ANYTHING on the Advanced tab
    Hi guys,

I used the above settings and the picture comes out all distorted and pixelated.

Could someone please advise on what i am doing wrong,

Many thanks in advance

Nick
    01-05-12 12:22 PM
    Hi guys,

I used the above settings and the picture comes out all distorted and pixelated.
    can you paste a MediaInfo export for the file you created? MediaInfo

Ive attached a couple examples. A simple DVD move and an HD race.
    01-05-12 01:45 PM
    can you paste a MediaInfo export for the file you created? MediaInfo

Ive attached a couple examples. A simple DVD move and an HD race.
    apologies i havent a clue how to do that!!??
    01-05-12 06:11 PM
    apologies i havent a clue how to do that!!??
    install mediainfo, open the video you created in it, export to text
    01-05-12 07:01 PM
    I use DVD catalyst. It has settings for most every portable application and does so with great quality.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's 10 bucks and worth every penny. I've ripped most of my library with it. It's the fastest easiest ripping software on the market. Choose your device type and hit start. Its that easy. No special player. No crazy settings to figure out. It just works.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    cntrydncr223 and darktoy like this.
    01-05-12 07:50 PM
    It's 10 bucks and worth every penny. I've ripped most of my library with it. It's the fastest easiest ripping software on the market. Choose your device type and hit start. Its that easy. No special player. No crazy settings to figure out. It just works.
    luckily DVDs dont require any crazy settings and speed is governed by the hardware doing the work. the ffmpeg codec is free. the only faster codecs cost a of a lot more than $10
    01-05-12 11:44 PM
    The video will transfer to the Playbook, however it is totally fragmented (impossible to view or tell what the video is). The sound also skips.
    01-08-12 06:35 PM
    DVD catalyst. Best 10 bucks you will ever spend.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    01-08-12 07:03 PM
    The video will transfer to the Playbook, however it is totally fragmented (impossible to view or tell what the video is). The sound also skips.
    Does the video play on your computer?

01-08-12 09:25 PM
    I'm traveling again next week and was hoping to rip some dvds onto my Playbook for the trip. I have a few questions for the community experts:
    Any suggestions on some easy to use, reliable software?
    Any tips for the best format to use?
    And, when ripping tv episodes from a season disk, anything special to keep in mind?
    Anydvd cloner premium. Reads any DVD and rips it to multiple formats or you can copy the DVD to a blank disc.
    01-08-12 09:45 PM
    Anydvd cloner premium. Reads any DVD and rips it to multiple formats or you can copy the DVD to a blank disc.
    I'm assuming you mean SlySoft CloneDVD Mobile. I'm a big fan of AnyDVD and highly recommend it for ripping but I have never tried their converting tools.
    01-09-12 04:02 PM
    Hi guys,

Could someone please advise on what i am doing wrong,

Many thanks in advance

Nick
    Same here....
    01-24-12 03:48 PM
    I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate

Has a setting for Playbook

Works great
    Very pricey at $65. Their coupon won't work, either.
    01-24-12 03:52 PM
    I use DVD catalyst. It has settings for most every portable application and does so with great quality.

I downloaded this product and paid for it.
    Got no reg code, will only rip 1/4 of the movie, and there is no way to call them.

Do you know how to make it work, please?
    Was there a trick I'm not seeing, please?

TIA
    01-24-12 04:31 PM
    Same here....

Does it play on your computer? What size is the file? Have you made a MediaInfo export?
    gwinegarden likes this.
    01-24-12 05:31 PM
    DVDFab works for me. Great SW that can rip even protected DVDs. They also have a BD version.
    01-24-12 06:20 PM
    I use a mac mini running lion...

I first use DvdDecrypter to unlock the DVD.

Then I open iAmDvdMagic to burn the video for the pb. This app has quick-pick settings for BB devices, including playbook
    01-24-12 06:27 PM
    Does it play on your computer? What size is the file? Have you made a MediaInfo export?
    It plays, but you wouldn't spend 10 seconds watching it.
    I purchased DVD Catalyst (which reminds me to go thank someone...) and am ripping vids as we speak.

Thanks so much for your time.

PS love the way you have a quote insde a quote!
    01-24-12 11:18 PM
    Handbrake! It's free and wonderfully easy! Use the ipad mp4 preset and it will work just fine!

HandBrake - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

thats what i use too
    01-25-12 08:01 AM
    +1 Pavtube. Since I use a Mac, that has been the best software to use. Every week there is an update that gets the newest codecs for dvds and blu-rays so you can rip them. And they have a bazillion presets that you can use.

123 has the perfect format stated for the playbook. I use those presets, burn my blu-ray, and then hook my PB up to computer and drag and drop movie into video folder. BAM! easy and done. I literally start the program and then just go away for a couple of hours and come back and I have a new movie! Totally awesome.

If you have a MAC then buy iMedia blu-ray ripper, versus just the blu-ray ripper. It has more functions specific for iTunes and iMovie, plus it does all the same ripping that their regular blu-ray ripper does.

Also, if you like to make .mkv files of your movies, get their Byte Copy program. I use that strictly for .mkvs. I then use Orb Caster to watch them while at work. It works perfect. Just make sure your computer has at least a 2.4GHZ processor. mine is a 2.3 and it barely is adequate for watching the movies.

Hope that helps.
    Links below for everyone.

iMedia Converter - Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac- all-in-one Blu-ray Ripper for Mac, Mac DVD Ripper, and Video Converter for Mac
    Byte Copy - Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac-Backup BD/DVD to MKV with multiple audios

Oh I forgot to say that they do have Windows versions as well.
    01-25-12 08:32 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD