Does anyone have a set of blackberry playbook presets for 'Handbrake'.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Just use Freemake it's easy and it even has a setting specifically for the PB! You can't go wrong...
    cletis likes this.
    03-16-12 02:18 PM
    Does anyone have a set of blackberry playbook presets for 'Handbrake'.
    I have previously posted handbrake settings for dvds to this thread.
    03-19-12 07:36 PM
    Just use Freemake it's easy and it even has a setting specifically for the PB! You can't go wrong...
    I like the idea of BlackBerry in general -- and the PB in particular -- being included in the built-in export presets for this s/w, so although I already have Handbrake and have no problem with using the existing Apple presets there, I downloaded Freemake and tried it. I liked it. It;s really nice to be able to choose PlayBook as the destination instead an Apple product. Thanks!
    03-19-12 09:18 PM
    ...unless you're using the Mac version of Handbrake. In that case, no problem!
    The developer will probably disagree with you there. Supported sources include "Any DVD or Bluray-like source which is NOT copy-protected. (removal of copy protection is not supported"

Mac, Windows, and Linux versions are compiled from the same source.
    03-19-12 09:43 PM
    I'll mention Freemake like others did. I tried Handbrake and it seemed overly complicated.

Freemake was super easy and it works quickly.
    03-19-12 09:48 PM
    I originally posted this on another thread..... (edited and tweaked for this one)

I use AoA DVD Ripper to copy my favourite DVDs to digital formats (I have a big DVD selection, and it is easier to stream them off my server than find which box I have stored them in)

(I also have Slysoft AnyDVD ripping software - it doesn't seem to create as high a quality of output)

The PlayBook will play various types of MP4, WMV, AVI film formats - the only files I have never been able to watch are Digital Copies that came bundled with the original BluRay/DVD (eg triple-play packs of True Grit, Hanna)

The ripping software can save in multiple different formats at various levels of resolution

If you only want to watch the films on your PlayBook then you do not need very high resolution - if you want to watch the movies on a big screen (utilising the hdmi output on your PB - eg when staying away in a hotel) then I recommend saving in the h264 mp4 format with the highest resolution (average movie size is 1.5Gb)

btw - have never found any s/w that will rip my Blu-Rays - if anybody knows of Blu-Ray ripping software, please let me know

hope this helps
    03-19-12 10:22 PM
    (I also have Slysoft AnyDVD ripping software - it doesn't seem to create as high a quality of output)

btw - have never found any s/w that will rip my Blu-Rays - if anybody knows of Blu-Ray ripping software, please let me know
    I have only very recently got a bluray drive and so far have successfully ripped two movies with AnyDVD HD. I have also used handbrake to encode said movies to AVC in mp4 and mkv containers.

The image that AnyDVD HD creates is the same quality as the source. One of the discs was 43GB and the resulting image was 43GB.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-19-12 10:41 PM
    so do I need to use a program to rip the dvd first, then use Handbrake to convert it? I tried Handbrake once, but guess the dvd was protected as it resulted in nothing.
    09-01-12 10:39 AM
    I use Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate

Has a setting for Playbook

Works great
    I use wondershare TOO, it just seems it could do the job alot faster.
    09-01-12 10:58 AM
    ...unless you're using the Mac version of Handbrake. In that case, no problem!
    The Mac version uses VLC for avoiding copy protection, so you do have to make sure to have the proper version of VLC installed.
    09-01-12 12:02 PM
    Handbrake
    WinFF

Try these. I don't think they rip but you can use it to convert VOB files (which are just MPG anyways).

Problem is subtitles/audio streams sometimes get screwed up.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-01-12 01:51 PM
    Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to rip my star trek dvd that I bought but it keeps crashing both dvdecrypter and handbrake... is there any way to copy a protected DVD? I just want to watch it on my playbook!

edit:

I think I have figured it out. downloaded anydvd then launched handbrake and it SEEMS to be ripping the DVD now, will see how it works. but this would be awesome cause then can watch the videos when we fly home for christmas! got a headphone splitter so we can share one playbook.

Okay, Any DVD running in the background with handbrake to encode is AWESOME! I'm adding about 15 movies to my playbook for various times of boredom. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by helloprilly; 11-16-12 at 05:32 PM. Reason: update
    11-16-12 09:38 AM
    Handbrake! It's free and wonderfully easy! Use the ipad mp4 preset and it will work just fine!

HandBrake - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    I have tried Handbrake and I can't get it to load my dvds on my PC. I've tried updating the files needed to load it but no luck so I am giving up on it. I have tried the trial versions of pavtube and amiersoft, finally I choose the first one. It's much cheaper and easy to use!
    12-22-12 10:50 AM
    Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to rip my star trek dvd that I bought but it keeps crashing both dvdecrypter and handbrake... is there any way to copy a protected DVD? I just want to watch it on my playbook!

edit:

I think I have figured it out. downloaded anydvd then launched handbrake and it SEEMS to be ripping the DVD now, will see how it works. but this would be awesome cause then can watch the videos when we fly home for christmas! got a headphone splitter so we can share one playbook.

Okay, Any DVD running in the background with handbrake to encode is AWESOME! I'm adding about 15 movies to my playbook for various times of boredom. Thanks guys!
    I use Freemake Video Converter and love it! It'll rip protected DVD's to any one of a gazillion formats including MP4 for BlackBerry PlayBook. And it's free!
    12-22-12 07:31 PM
    I have tried Handbrake and I can't get it to load my dvds on my PC. I've tried updating the files needed to load it but no luck so I am giving up on it. I have tried the trial versions of pavtube and amiersoft, finally I choose the first one. It's much cheaper and easy to use!
    You might try this-
    Get a free DVD ripper, video converter, and ringtone maker | The Cheapskate - CNET News
    12-22-12 09:15 PM
    For what it's worth, I've been using the iPod setting instead of iPad. The file size for iPod is about half that for iPad, and the image quality is "good enough" for what I watch.
    12-23-12 06:16 PM
    Hi Everybody! I'm sorry to bump this again but have a handbrake question. I was ripping Star Trek movies and there's subtitle tracks for SOME parts of the movie. The rip from Handbrake was gorgeous quality but I didn't know I needed to turn on subtitles. Does anybody know how to do that? I don't want subtitles through the whole movie just when they're supposed to be there.

Thank you!
    12-25-12 11:37 AM
    I use Handbrake, too. I usually rip to mp4 format, high profile. Video is great, however, only the first audio track is played, no way to change it and no way to enable subtitles using the native PlayBook video player.
    03-09-13 02:31 PM
    Both MovieSRTPlayer and Kalemsoft can play subtitles although I'm not sure if the track can be embedded (hard coded obviously as part of a video)
    03-09-13 03:47 PM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD