Any one use these?
    01-21-12 05:49 PM
    You'd just get fingerprints on your screen protector.
    01-21-12 07:27 PM
    Any of the matte finish screen protectors are excellent for keeping fingerprints away. Its personal preference as the matte finish does change the look of the screen somewhat.
    01-21-12 07:41 PM
    But the glass is so sleek and pretty, and not hard to clean.
    01-21-12 07:53 PM
    After researching all the options, Tru Protection's HD anti-glare is one of the best. Screen Films, Screen Protectors, and Cases for BlackBerry, iPhone, and iPod | TruProtection Fits perfect and is very sturdy. It's easy to clean and shows very few fingerprints. Plus it's HD so you don't lose the beauty of the screen. Power Support USA is same company for iPads. Be sure to watch several installation videos before installing. Search on YouTube, etc. Made it much easier for me.
    01-21-12 07:57 PM
    My Screen is nakked... I use the cloth that came with the PB to wipe it clean. But then I'm the only one who uses my PB's and don't have to worry about .... 'where have your fingers been?' type of situation.
    rotorwrench and harsh2184 like this.
    01-21-12 08:16 PM
    On the topic of screen protectors has anyone tried Ghost Armor? Keep hearing good things about this but no one I know has used it on a tablet.
    01-21-12 08:21 PM
    i ve used a screen protector for a while. then i took it out . and realised how good my naked screen looked.the color seems brighter and the typing is faster. no going back to a screen protector
    mikeplus1 and Tiraco like this.
    01-21-12 08:53 PM
    I have a Zagg Invisible Shield on mine and works good. I got it on sale direct from them and put it on when I bought my PB and have no problem.
    01-22-12 11:51 AM
    i ve used a screen protector for a while. then i took it out . and realised how good my naked screen looked.the color seems brighter and the typing is faster. no going back to a screen protector
    Yep, same here for me.
    gladiatorofyale likes this.
    01-22-12 12:23 PM
    Yep, same here for me.
    and same here:-) I had a screen protector on but decided to remove it. It feels so much better naked:-)
    01-22-12 01:43 PM
    and same here:-) I had a screen protector on but decided to remove it. It feels so much better naked:-)
    Plus, I learned 2 or 3 BlackBerrys ago to wash my hands or at least use hand sanitizer before and after using it whenever possible, as well as keep the devices clean with scent-free alcohol wipes or electronic device wipes with lint-free cloths and compressed air, now do the same or similar with the PlayBooks. I am a bit of a clean freak though.
    01-22-12 02:00 PM
    No, i went with using a Stylus and love it no fingerprints on the screen.Try one you woll like it
    01-22-12 02:04 PM
    I'm OCD about my screens also. I've found not touching the screen works best.
    01-22-12 02:21 PM
    I have a Zagg Invisible Shield on mine and works good. I got it on sale direct from them and put it on when I bought my PB and have no problem.
    Zagg on ours also, and like them, and although you can't tell a difference with the PB on, I do prefer the beauty of the naked screen when the PB is off. The Zagg cleans easily, I just fog it with my breath and wipe with a clean microfiber cloth. Sort of a moot point with me now as my personal and our work PBs are in Otterboxes most of the time, which has an intergrated screen protector.
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 01-22-12 at 02:31 PM.
    Chango_BB likes this.
    01-22-12 02:27 PM
    I also use Zagg and im very happy with it.
    01-22-12 02:33 PM
    TRU makes a nice product but i prefer the Ultra Fine model from SGP...
    01-22-12 02:52 PM
    No, i went with using a Stylus and love it no fingerprints on the screen.Try one you woll like it
    One stick to touch type?

Not really my thing, but if it works for you, more power to you.
    01-22-12 04:22 PM
    I currently have one on mine. I like the shinyess it keeps on the screen, but if you accidentally scratch the protector it will protect your PB, but essentially you have a scratch mark on your protector that will never go away. That's why they will replace your protector for pretty much the install fee of $10 only afterwards.

On the topic of screen protectors has anyone tried Ghost Armor? Keep hearing good things about this but no one I know has used it on a tablet.
    01-22-12 05:57 PM
    Soft plastic screen protectors scratch way easier than the monkey glass on the PB and screen protectors are not as responsive the bare glass, but hey I just like the feel better.
    01-22-12 06:09 PM
    It is worth every penny. I have it on my iphone and PB and my bro got it on his BB and PB after seeing how great mine looked. Have not had a single problem with it. You cant even tell it is on, and I even like the fact that it is a bit 'slippery'... like your fingers glide over it better then just the naked glass itself.

I would buy it (you can even get it installed for a very small fee at a GA booth that they have in malls)
    01-28-12 12:03 AM
    SGP Ultra Fine Mat goes on clean, no bubbles, oleo-phobic, anti-fingerprint, glare reducing, and actually enhances the touch experience with either a stylus or your dirty fingers.

Try this: Wash hands with soap & water; dry well. Clean your screen until it sparkles. Now, sweep your screen with your clean finger(s)...you'll notice a silent chatter and your fingers skipping on the screen. With the SGP Ultra Fine Mat, your fingers glide effortlessly on the screen as if they were on ball bearings.

Of course, your results may vary, especially if you use Summer's Eve as a screen cleaner.
    01-28-12 12:26 AM
    Gloves?
    I bought a screen protector for mine. It is not possible for my fingers to stay clean due to the type of work I do, and I felt a screen protector would be a good investment. Unfortunately, I don't remember who made it. It was made for the Playbook (has holes for the front facing camera and indicator LED). and I bought it at Office Depot. It was advertised as being able to rid itself of any small air bubbles and it worked like a champ. It is a little less responsive to touch, but not unacceptable. Image quality is surprisingly good. Still gets smudges and you have to wipe it occasionally.
    01-28-12 12:51 AM
    no screen protector since purchase.haven't felt the need to.but fingerprints are visible after heavy usage.but the wipe provided clears them.so screen protector is not urgent yet.but will see.
    01-28-12 01:12 AM
    For the people that prefer not to use a screen protector, has anyone experienced any slight scratches. I always use a clear protector due to my iPhone getting scratched from my keys in my pocket. Now the playbook fits in my pocket so a protector is a must.
    01-28-12 08:30 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD