Sadly as of 12 this morning my Playbook passed away after serving me for over year it is no more . ( Moment of silence )Anyways I'm looking to get a new tablet to replace my beloved PB but I can't find any in stores. So I'm looking for new options so my question is what tablet do you perfer over your playbook that is in the Mid 300$ price range ?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9380
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    03-18-13 07:39 PM
    Why not buy a used one on ebay? They are going fairly inexpensively.
    03-18-13 07:44 PM
    Not under warranty anymore? I'd try to contact BBRY to see how they canhelp
    03-18-13 07:58 PM
    Someone posted about an approx $180 or 190 64gb pb for sale. Also folks say Amazon still has some. What did happen?
    03-18-13 08:33 PM
    My PB suffered some sort of cramp a month or so ago. It froze on me so I restarted it and it wouldn't boot. I tried the hard reset and it still wouldn't boot. I was off on holidays at the time so I just packed it away. A few days later I decided to give it a try and to my delight it booted up and has been running flawlessly since. I think they built some sort of self-healing mechanism into them.
    03-18-13 08:39 PM
    Amazon has Playbooks 16GB $199.99, 32GB $209.95, and the 64GB $227.99. There are two threads here on CrackBerry stating Ebay has 64GB for $179.99 with free shipping in the US.
    03-18-13 10:36 PM
    . . . .my question is what tablet do you perfer over your playbook that is in the Mid 300.
    If ya don't really want a replacement Pb, recommend posting question over on a 'droid or i' flavoured forum. !!

imho !

..... nite
    toosho likes this.
    03-19-13 12:14 AM
    There seem to be many new and sealed 64gb PBs on eBay US. Here's one more-or-less chosen at random.

eBay Item number: 111032778581
    03-19-13 12:45 AM
    Sadly as of 12 this morning my Playbook passed away after serving me for over year it is no more . ( Moment of silence )Anyways I'm looking to get a new tablet to replace my beloved PB but I can't find any in stores. So I'm looking for new options so my question is what tablet do you perfer over your playbook that is in the Mid 300$ price range ?

What did it die from?
    CairnsRock likes this.
    03-19-13 01:13 AM
    Get an unlocked LTE PlayBook somehow.
    03-19-13 02:04 AM
    If you decide not to replace it with another PB, the Google Nexus 7 would be a great choice. Good hardware combined with a stock Android experience (along with updates not held up by the manufacturer) make it a great choice.
    m_rkus likes this.
    03-19-13 02:06 AM
    The best replacement for a playbook that's not working is another playbook provided under warranty replacement. Go ahead. Call them. You might be surprised. My experience is they are being fairly generous with their replacement program, sometimes ignoring the one year timelimit.
    03-19-13 08:04 AM
    03-19-13 08:41 AM

if it died after only one year i would be pssd and call bbry
    03-19-13 12:18 PM
    I called them once more and got a different agent I also made a couple minor changes to my story and how long I've owned it for and turns out they are going to repair it thanks for all the advice everyone .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    03-19-13 01:36 PM
    If there are tons available on amazon and ebay is that not a warning sign?
    Posted from my playbook but I sure enjoy my note 10.1
    03-19-13 09:57 PM
    "...If there are tons available on amazon and ebay is that not a warning sign?.."

NO different than when there are "tons" of tickets being scalped online to some concert or other public event .... just people making a $ sometimes a lot more than they paid (if they did) . . . . .imho !
    03-19-13 10:52 PM
    If there are tons available on amazon and ebay is that not a warning sign?
    Posted from my playbook but I sure enjoy my note 10.1
    Have you seen how many Android tabs are for sale on eBay/Amazon? There are models that are technically much newer than the PB but which are being dumped because the vendor has already moved on to the next big thing and stopped developing the old model. I can't remember the last time Acer pushed out an update for my Iconia Tab, whereas my PB continues to receive updates to this day, and there's hope for any even more substantial update (BB10) on the horizon.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by rkennedy01; 03-19-13 at 11:54 PM.
    Barracuda7772 likes this.
    03-19-13 11:41 PM
    I called them once more and got a different agent I also made a couple minor changes to my story and how long I've owned it for and turns out they are going to repair it thanks for all the advice everyone .

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    When you get it back, write us an update.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 10:44 PM
    Apparently, it's a Z-10
    03-22-13 02:47 PM
    Have you seen how many Android tabs are for sale on eBay/Amazon? There are models that are technically much newer than the PB but which are being dumped because the vendor has already moved on to the next big thing and stopped developing the old model. I can't remember the last time Acer pushed out an update for my Iconia Tab, whereas my PB continues to receive updates to this day, and there's hope for any even more substantial update (BB10) on the horizon.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    this is true I'm disgusted with the short amount of time most devices go end of life. I know with android nexus phones are the only ones that get updated for awhile I had a nexus s it started on gingerbread 2.3 and get jellybean 4.1.2 all on a single core 1 gig processor amd 512mb of ram

playbook deserves better
    03-22-13 04:50 PM
    What did it die from?
    Probably "cardiac arrest"... due to lack of "exercise"...

Posted via Z10
    dphjeff likes this.
    03-23-13 03:09 AM

Steve,

Where are you based (I can't see the details in your profile - maybe I'm looking in the wrong place)

Under European law you have at LEAST TWO YEARS cover for the vendor/manufacturer to fix or replace your PB (unless you bust it yourself by dropping it in the bath, etc) - and in the UK you have up to 5 or 6 years cover (if reasonable that the product would last this long)

[note: you may have read in the press last week that Apple are on the brink of a massive EU Fine for playing 'silly buggers' with their warranties in Europe regarding the minimum TWO YEARS COVER]

Suggest you view the following if you are in the UK
    Sale of Goods Act Downloads

Hope this helps (both you, and any other Europeans reading this)

Alex
    03-23-13 08:53 AM