I like office suite pro
    I take it you have used it... Have you encountered the same problems : ie the impossibility to use, or even see, the files that you save with officesuite using other programs and windows explorer ?

How about other people: has anybody used OfficeSuite?
    06-25-12 12:13 PM
    I take it you have used it... Have you encountered the same problems : ie the impossibility to use, or even see, the files that you save with officesuite using other programs and windows explorer ?

How about other people: has anybody used OfficeSuite?
    I have had this problem with QPDF since installing the beta OS 2.1. Any PDFs that I annotate cannot be opened in any other application after I save the changes.

I have not found a solution to this!
    07-01-12 05:00 AM
    I just heard from the nice folks at RIM this week that this'll be resolved in the final OS 2.1 release. It's due to the permissions that the OS gives our apps, and it looks like they've finally figured out what the issue was and how to resolve it! We're about to publish a new release in the next few days, and after that, I'm going to install 2.1 to see if there are other compatibility issues that we need to look at.

I have had this problem with QPDF since installing the beta OS 2.1. Any PDFs that I annotate cannot be opened in any other application after I save the changes.

I have not found a solution to this!
    07-12-12 02:26 PM
    I just heard from the nice folks at RIM this week that this'll be resolved in the final OS 2.1 release. It's due to the permissions that the OS gives our apps, and it looks like they've finally figured out what the issue was and how to resolve it! We're about to publish a new release in the next few days, and after that, I'm going to install 2.1 to see if there are other compatibility issues that we need to look at.
    Thanks for letting us know. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved for other apps as well.

My concern at the present lies with Office Suite apps. But QPDF does seem like an app I'm likely to want in the near future. I'll wait and see how things will turn out with 2.1.
    07-13-12 01:11 PM
    Have you found a solution for this issue? The qpdf keeps on freezing for each time i minimize and maximize
    09-15-12 09:39 AM
    Have you found a solution for this issue? The qpdf keeps on freezing for each time i minimize and maximize
    I was having too many problems with the 2.1 beta, and saving OfficeSuite Pro documents wasn't solved either, so I reverted back to 2.0.1.358. I'm waiting for the final 2.1, hoping...
    Last edited by angkorbeer; 09-15-12 at 01:05 PM.
    09-15-12 12:40 PM
    Documents to go, unfortunately, is too limited. I think I can not use some fillable forms. When women buy Chain strap shoulder bag, they buy women bags at cwmalls.com no matter how many they maybe just as long as it can feed their fancy. Choose best Black chain strap bag can only happen at limited time though and not always.
    Last edited by infoleather; 09-21-12 at 10:18 PM.
    09-16-12 10:41 PM
    Hey, sorry for the late reply! I haven't looked at the 2.1 beta yet - I was sort of assuming RIM would release the official update any day now and it'd be a moot point. Alas.

However, the rumor mill does make it seem like it's now *actually* coming out rather soon, so I think it's best to wait another week or so and see if that really happens, and in the mean time, save early and save often

09-28-12 09:44 AM
    I feel your pain. I haven't found a better app for working with MS office docs yet in 6 months. Docs to go is unfortunately too limited.
    Docs to Go is certainly a pathetic excuse for an office suite especially given the fact Research In Motion purchased development rights for the BlackBerry code base from DataViz and has close ties with Microsoft. Now that a physical keyboard is available for the tablet you would think RIM would make the effort to enhance the capabilities of Docs to Go.
    09-28-12 09:53 AM
    Just wondering what the latest is with respect to the best office suite option on official 2.1..... can anyone recommend something that can handle editing of PPT docs including placing images? thanks
    11-13-12 10:37 AM
    Just wondering what the latest is with respect to the best office suite option on official 2.1..... can anyone recommend something that can handle editing of PPT docs including placing images? thanks
    I tried to reinstal OfficeSuite Pro after the official 2.1 update, and I still got the same problem. I.e., once you save a document with OfficeSuite, it becomes impossible to open it with all other apps. The document even becomes invisible to browsers.

The only thing I didn't get a chance to check out is if it works when saving in OfficeSuite's default folder. (I think it's "DCIM card", or something similar...) The thing is, my tablet was shipped back to RIM for screen repairs, so I'll have to wait to do more testing.
    11-13-12 11:04 AM
    OfficeSuite just has a user interface that I can't, well, face. I probably don't use it enough so that it remains arcane. Professional tools for the pb can definitely use enhancement.
    11-13-12 11:40 AM
    I like Smart Office 2 b/c it allows me to store and edit documents in the cloud (Supports Dropbox and Google Docs)
    11-13-12 11:51 AM
    OfficeSuite just has a user interface that I can't, well, face. I probably don't use it enough so that it remains arcane. Professional tools for the pb can definitely use enhancement.
    Personally, I don't care much about the interface, as long as it's got the functionalities. (Though having both would certainly be great.)
    I'll take a (working) OfficeSuite anytime over a Smart Office or Docs to Go, which look fantastic but barely allow me more than sentence editing with my documents.

And I'd certainly pay well beyond $1.99 for an app that is more complete. (Nudge to developers...)
    11-13-12 11:56 AM
    Right so as far as functionality Officesuite is the way forward yeah? How does it handle powerpoint editing and dealing with images and object in ppt? thanks
    11-13-12 01:53 PM
    Right so as far as functionality Officesuite is the way forward yeah? How does it handle powerpoint editing and dealing with images and object in ppt? thanks
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to tell you : Word docs was what I looked into. When I get the tablet back, I can try to check it out...
    11-13-12 04:17 PM
    Sorry, but I wouldn't be able to tell you : Word docs was what I looked into. When I get the tablet back, I can try to check it out...
    Any updates? I've just gotten a playbook and as an iphone user am uncovering the challenges of limited BB apps.. I'm hoping to use it for school to make notes remotely, and like you find the docs to go word quite limited in functionality. I haven't invested in smart office cause I get the sense it is lacking as well. Have you had better luck with saving your officesuite files? If you can explain how to sideload it (completely new concept for me..) I'll let you know how it works for me or if I run into the same issues. Thanks..
    12-29-12 11:20 AM
    Android docs to go sideloaded I would suggest.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    12-29-12 11:27 AM
    Any updates? I've just gotten a playbook and as an iphone user am uncovering the challenges of limited BB apps.. I'm hoping to use it for school to make notes remotely, and like you find the docs to go word quite limited in functionality. I haven't invested in smart office cause I get the sense it is lacking as well. Have you had better luck with saving your officesuite files? If you can explain how to sideload it (completely new concept for me..) I'll let you know how it works for me or if I run into the same issues. Thanks..
    Hi,

I haven't really played with it again. The reason I thought it might work is a developer for QPDF said they had the same problem with their app on the PB, and that it was going to be resolved after the 2.1 update. Apparently, that wasn't true for all apps.

As for converting and sideloading Android apps, I've followed the instructions on the following threads :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ng-os2-661898/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...bhtool-693582/

Good luck !
    12-30-12 04:30 PM
    Here's one Office suite app that looks very promising : Kingsoft Office. And it's free.
    Kingsoft Office - Business and Productivity Apps | Good e-Reader Android APPS - BB10 & Playbook App Market

I just installed it and will need to experiment a bit more with its features. But at first glance it looks smooth and very complete.
    01-28-13 12:18 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD