I've tried both AVI Demux and AnyVideo to convert unsupported video formats for my Playbook. Are there any faster but still good free alternatives? I find both fairly slow, and I have good system specs on my PC.
    05-16-12 01:53 PM
    I've tried both AVI Demux and AnyVideo to convert unsupported video formats for my Playbook. Are there any faster but still good free alternatives? I find both fairly slow, and I have good system specs on my PC.
    What settings are you using on Any Video Converter? It's probably one of the quicker converters out there.
    05-16-12 01:55 PM
    Use Freemake it's free and it even has a setting for the PB!
    05-16-12 02:05 PM
    What settings are you using on Any Video Converter? It's probably one of the quicker converters out there.
    Actually AVI Demux was faster because it has an option to only transcode the audio or video portion and just flat out copy the other. Perfect for AVI or MP4 etc containers that have a supported video codec but an unsupported audio codec
    05-16-12 02:16 PM
    Any Video Converter works perfectly fine.
    Just use "Custom MP4 Video" and choose a resolution that makes sense. I like to go with 512x288 or 768x432
    If you don't want cropping, you can keep the original or you can resize it.
    Make sure you select x264. For a better quality, go up to 1200 bitrate.

Copy this and you will be fine:
    omniusovermind likes this.
    05-16-12 02:16 PM
    Use Freemake it's free and it even has a setting for the PB!
    thanks, I'll give that a shot
    05-16-12 02:18 PM
    Actually AVI Demux was faster because it has an option to only transcode the audio or video portion and just flat out copy the other. Perfect for AVI or MP4 etc containers that have a supported video codec but an unsupported audio codec
    Are you setting all your video settings to "original"?

Then again I am using a computer with an Nvidia graphics card and Any Video Converter professional works well with Nvidia CUDA cores.
    05-16-12 02:20 PM
    Are you setting all your video settings to "original"?

Then again I am using a computer with an Nvidia graphics card and Any Video Converter professional works well with Nvidia CUDA cores.
    nope, I was using custom settings like hydepin suggested, but I wasn't using the Pro version, just the freeware one.
    05-16-12 02:22 PM
    nope, I was using custom settings like hydepin suggested, but I wasn't using the Pro version, just the freeware one.
    Ah I see,

Yep those settings do make sense (a lot of experience with Any Video Converter). But the reason why it's taking longer is you're modifying the videos

All in all, Any Video Converter is definitely a handy little tool I use all the time for compressing my YouTube videos.
    05-16-12 02:31 PM
    Any Video Converter works perfectly fine.
    Just use "Custom MP4 Video" and choose a resolution that makes sense. I like to go with 512x288 or 768x432
    If you don't want cropping, you can keep the original or you can resize it.
    Make sure you select x264. For a better quality, go up to 1200 bitrate.

Copy this and you will be fine:
    Click to view quoted image
    I use similar level of settings in WinX and my videos come out great for PB. Those settings also work great for iPad and Xoom (which I also have).
    Last edited by rcm1301; 05-16-12 at 02:48 PM.
    05-16-12 02:43 PM
    05-16-12 05:16 PM
    I like Handbrake, lots of options and formats.
    05-16-12 05:25 PM
    I use Mediacoder. Outstanding options and default settings on initial startup are compatible with PB, Android and others.
    Hawnz likes this.
    05-16-12 06:42 PM
    I have no experience with converting video and had no clue about all the different codes etc. I tried a few free converters and no luck so I dropped 10 dollars on DVD Catalyst and never been happier. It even has Playbook as an output setting.
    05-16-12 08:41 PM
    But seeing so many options....I am going to try the others suggested too!!

Thanks CrackBerry Nation!!
    05-16-12 09:01 PM
    Not many people know about Super@

That is the name of it.

Read here. Lots of stuff. Does everything.

SUPER &copy - Media File Converter, Media File Encoder, Video Player, Audio Player, Media Player

Download link is hard to find so here it is directly.

http://www.erightsoft.info/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe
    sputneek likes this.
    05-16-12 09:03 PM
    I like MyVideoConverter. Tons of options and works well. The only issue i've had is when i convert an mp3 or mkv to avi and then use aviaddxsubs to add subtitles it wont work with my ps3.
    05-17-12 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD