Any thoughts on the best case for PB and why??? Need to but one
    12-27-11 05:26 PM
    I bought the Otterbox Defender. It's a little overkill, but I need max protection. It adds a bit a heft to the device but actually feels pretty good once you get used to it.
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-27-11 05:34 PM
    There are alot to choose from but IMO, the Otterbox defender is the best for total protection. If your just going for looks then I recommend the OEM Journal case
    12-27-11 05:42 PM
    I have the Blackberry Convertable Case and just got the C.E.O folio case (doesn't cover the power button and easier to power up) Am looking at the OtterBox, but I think that would end up being too bulky.
    12-27-11 05:43 PM
    Bought the Targus truss case at staples during the sale for $13.50. Love it, fits nice and folds into itself to make a stand. The leather looks identical to my 9810 pocket pouch, looks like they were made together. Adds a bit of heft, but being 7 inches it's not bad at all.
    Last edited by homer1475; 12-27-11 at 05:53 PM.
    12-27-11 05:48 PM
    i have the convertable case but the power button hurts your finger just trying to press it
    12-27-11 05:52 PM
    i have the convertable case but the power button hurts your finger just trying to press it
    yep, that''s why I got the C.E.O. folio convertable case...the power and volume keys area is open and has two little pockets on the inside for cc cards or such. and it coverts to stand it up.

http://www.amazon.com/C-E-O-Folio-fo...bUvbUpU6974714
    12-27-11 05:56 PM
    I originally bought the convertable and liked it but soon realized I didn't actually use the stand position that much. The company bought me the Otterbox and you can't beat it for protection, but it is bulky. All buttons work great with it too. I bought the journal case because it's thinner and found it's the nicer of the three for appearance and compactness. Nice leather and very professional looking, so I use it for meetings LOL. A female coworker described it as clean and elegant in appearance. Whatever that means
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 12-27-11 at 06:54 PM.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-27-11 06:24 PM
    I enjoy the Leather Journal case. Although it does not provide impact protection like an Otterbox, it is rather easy to take out and place on the Charging Dock.

Although I may considering purchasing an Otterbox soon as my school bag is starting to become more cramped with books.
    12-27-11 06:50 PM
    Has anyone tried the Case-Mate POP! ? They have a pink version which my daughter would love.
    12-27-11 06:57 PM
    I've read in a couple of places that RIM will have a case much like the journal case, except it has a built in BT keyboard some time soon. I hope this is true. I'll be first in line for it. I know there are a few after market cases like this, but I prefer OEM when possible. For now I'm using the convertable case. I like the leather.
    12-27-11 08:55 PM
    I have the otterbox for rough travel or motorcycle trips, the BB convertible case for watching on airplanes or at airports and the brookstone Leather Portfolio for BlackBerry for meetings and office work...
    12-27-11 09:00 PM
    i-con case is pretty cool. great thing about the playbook is that since its seen as dying, a lot of accessories are now SUPER cheap (but possibly discontinued). i got my case brand new for $15, regular $40 and up.
    12-27-11 09:03 PM
    I first had the Targus case, but then went with the slimmer look and feel of the BB convertible base. Both work well, except when I'm using the charging pod...
    12-27-11 09:04 PM
    Love my Blurex. Thin, professional looking, and has options for viewing. Got mine from Amazon for around $25.
    gambler_mf likes this.
    12-27-11 09:05 PM
    Love my Blurex. Thin, professional looking, and has options for viewing. Got mine from Amazon for around $25.
    is this the case?

Amazon.com: Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook: Electronics

interesting...looks exactly like my i-con case.
    12-27-11 09:10 PM
    I also have the convertible case but purchased a Blurex Slim case, which is now my case of choice. Of course, I could always decide on another one!
    12-27-11 09:11 PM
    I have the BlackBerry Leather Envelope as well as the Hip Street Leather Executive Case.
    12-27-11 09:11 PM
    blackberry playbook leather case | hipstreet

bought mine for 29.99 cdn + tx @ walmart

It has openings & cutouts in all the right places to access buttons & ports & for gestures.

Galaxysurfer
    12-27-11 09:19 PM
    Yeah, looks just like the Acase on Amazon as well, but I went with the blurex and love it.
    12-27-11 10:55 PM
    anyone have the leather book binder case?

this guy: http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...-journal-case/

considering it because i found it elsewhere for much cheaper. dunno about quality or anything though.
    12-27-11 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD