09-01-12 07:18 PM
52 123
tools
    Be sure to check out the CaseMate Pop case. Great protection, built in stand, less bulk than convertible cases. Mine has taken a couple drops without issue. It also still fits in most of my work pants pockets. The stand works for both orientation, but don't expect to type a lot on it when in portrait. The rapid charger will connect while the stand is open. With the right location/angle/stacking, you could get the regular charger to work.

The convertible case bugs me because it seems to leave lines of residue on the screen after it is closed. Also, when you fold it back to put the tablet face up like for playing a game with my wife, the part of the case that contacts the screen is now touching the table.

Review: Case-Mate Pop Case for BlackBerry PlayBook
    esk369 likes this.
    08-21-12 11:23 AM
    Otterbox Defender or Ballistic Tough Jacket. OEM cases suck.

Posted from Crackberry.com App for Android
    Last edited by nextcity; 08-21-12 at 01:56 PM.
    jon3578 and esk369 like this.
    08-21-12 01:52 PM
    i have an otterbox defender and my playbook went straight form the box into the case and hasent come out. its still mint and i love the protection the otterbox offers. i dont mind the bulkiness or the weight at all. but it is all personal preference and individual needs. i work at heights in construction and use my playbook at work which is why i opted for the otterbox. its what i buy for my phones aswell.
    08-21-12 02:01 PM
    Hi Steve,

Only go for the Otterbox Defender case, not the cheapest, but certainly the best in protection.

Regards,

Steve.
    08-21-12 02:51 PM
    I have both the Journal and Convertible OEM cases, and generally prefer the Journal. It feels and looks better.

The rap against the Convertible had been that it lacked the elastic closure ribbon that the Journal has, but nine times out of ten, I don't use the closure on the Journal and it's not a problem.

I use the Convertible when I need a stand (when traveling or sometimes around the house), but one thing I don't like about it is the cheap feel and look. It attracts grease stains like you wouldn't believe. You can wipe them off, but still.
    rexrim likes this.
    08-21-12 03:07 PM
    I have both the Journal and Convertible OEM cases, and generally prefer the Journal. It feels and looks better.

The rap against the Convertible had been that it lacked the elastic closure ribbon that the Journal has, but nine times out of ten, I don't use the closure on the Journal and it's not a problem.

I use the Convertible when I need a stand (when traveling or sometimes around the house), but one thing I don't like about it is the cheap feel and look. It attracts grease stains like you wouldn't believe. You can wipe them off, but still.
    You made a valid point there. I wouldn't realise it myself but now that you mention it, I only use the elastic ribbon when I'm on the go.

The one thing I don't quite like about the Journal case though is the added weight, but I guess all other options probably are much worse on that...
    08-21-12 03:47 PM
    I agree that the Blurex is the best. I also have the sleeve that came with the PB and the one that came with the BB keyboard.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    08-22-12 07:36 AM
    I use a Journal in the office and an Otterbox when I'm out and about or when my kids might get their hands on it. No gripes about either case.
    rexrim likes this.
    08-22-12 11:55 AM
    I bought a swivel type case on ebay for about $12 shipped. It's very well constructed and allows me to use portrait or landscape mode and to expose the charging port with the cover closed. Looks just like this one:

08-22-12 03:44 PM
    I use a Ballistic case three layers of protection ,plus the back layer with the stand can also be placed on screen side for total protection when stored or traveling. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...UL._SS400_.jpg
    Last edited by pwee111111; 08-23-12 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Added photo lonk
    08-23-12 10:37 PM
    alternatively spend 30/$45 on 3 year insurance and go case-free
    08-26-12 03:45 PM
    I bought a Brookstone leather convertible clip case for under $15 that fits on the PB pod charger in the open position without removing it. I also use the zippered leather portfolio case with pockets and stylus holder inside for under $20 at Brookstone.com and the PB fits inside of it without removing the clip case. Search for Brookstone coupon codes for 20% off.
    08-26-12 10:29 PM
    Cannot stress enough on the Blurex case!
    08-27-12 12:10 AM
    For the four BlackBerry PlayBooks I bought 2 are for strictly personal use and the other 2 are for professional use. The personal-use tablets are protected by an OtterBox Defender case; especially good protection in an automobile, or in the case of the always-at-home tablet it remains docked in the BlackBerry Rapid Charging Dock on my desk most of the time. The professional-use tablets are housed in either a Hipstreet Playbook Portfolio Case with Bluetooth Keyboard plus a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse, or a Hipstreet Leather Executive Case; both of which look professional and are highly functional. Additionally, I have the BlackBerry Neoprene Case for each of the tablets (not used) as well as an BlackBerry Leather Envelope which was retired in favour of the Hipstreet Leather Executive Case.
    08-27-12 03:50 AM
    I ordered this one last week. I have been using the original black and blue sleeve. This one caught my eye. It should be here today. I'll post a review of it. As of right now I could not find any for it.

Amazon.com: MiniSuit Multiview Book Cover Leather Folio Case for Blackberry PlayBook 16gb 32gb 64gb: Electronics
    08-27-12 04:12 AM
    I ordered this one last week. I have been using the original black and blue sleeve. This one caught my eye. It should be here today. I'll post a review of it. As of right now I could not find any for it.

Amazon.com: MiniSuit Multiview Book Cover Leather Folio Case for Blackberry PlayBook 16gb 32gb 64gb: Electronics
    I'd be interested to know if it could also accommodate the RIM mini bluetooth keyboard attached to the inside of the cover.
    08-27-12 07:50 AM
    I will let you know tonight when i put it on and do my initial review.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    08-27-12 08:40 AM

I have that case and it is pretty good. Very slim, and I like that it can be used as a vertical or horizontal stand. You wouldn't be able to fit a keyboard inside with it, since it lines up really close to the PlayBook itself. The PlayBook snaps in pretty much like the OEM cases. The only downside is that the grooves for holding the PB at an angle aren't very deep, so if you are pressing towards the top of the screen, it can pop out of the groove. I usually just take the elastic strap and have it across the bottom edge of the Playbook, just for a little extra support.
    08-27-12 09:15 AM
    The Blurex leather convertible case on Amazon.com is identical to the Brookstone.com leather convertible clip case except for the name that is lightly embossed on the lower right-hand corner of each case. I know because I have one of each and have had the Blurex for over a year on one PB and the Brookstone on another for well over six months now and the leather on each have developed a very nice patina with a really soft feel. All ports, buttons, etc are fully accessible and the PB can be charged in the pod charger without completely removing it from the case, which is very quick and easy to do if needed. I use the Brookstone zippered leather portfolio case for my work PB and when I travel because I love the pockets inside with pen or stylus holder, very professional looking and protects the PB well, especially when the PB is in the slightly padded Blurex or Brookstone clip case which will fit inside without removing it for extra protection. For only $15 on either case you just cannot go wrong.
    08-27-12 09:29 AM
    ^^^^

+1 for the BluRex! Since I don'ttake my PB to the beach, this case offers all the protection I need. All three ports on the bottom of the PB are accessable when the case is open or closed. Admittedly, the side edges aren't covered, but my PB has fallen aboth 30" onto wood floor a couple of times, w/ NO damage.
    08-27-12 11:39 AM
    Marware C.E.O. Hybrid similar to the Blurex but with a built in slip handle.
    I have one for my ipad2 and my bb playbook64

i have the BB convertible. the blurex. the BB plether envelope and the BB keyboard /case.

i like the way this case slips over your hand for a secure one hand fit. Perfect for any 7" device
    08-27-12 01:52 PM
    I have that case and it is pretty good. Very slim, and I like that it can be used as a vertical or horizontal stand. You wouldn't be able to fit a keyboard inside with it, since it lines up really close to the PlayBook itself. The PlayBook snaps in pretty much like the OEM cases. The only downside is that the grooves for holding the PB at an angle aren't very deep, so if you are pressing towards the top of the screen, it can pop out of the groove. I usually just take the elastic strap and have it across the bottom edge of the Playbook, just for a little extra support.
    The case arrived a day late. I have a all night shift tonight so I am really putting it to the test. I see what you mean about the grooves. Plus a keyboard will not fit. I feel that my rotation wheel is very loose but overall I love the case. I as well use the elastic band for support.
    I will have more updates as I get more use out of it.
    Sergeant HCR likes this.
    08-29-12 01:39 AM
    The case arrived a day late. I have a all night shift tonight so I am really putting it to the test. I see what you mean about the grooves. Plus a keyboard will not fit. I feel that my rotation wheel is very loose but overall I love the case. I as well use the elastic band for support.
    I will have more updates as I get more use out of it.
    Any updates?
    08-31-12 06:58 AM
    I have used the Incipio exec for over a year. It gives access to all the ports and looks as sharp today as when bought.
    09-01-12 08:58 AM
    I have an Otterbox defender. It's bulletproof.
    09-01-12 12:09 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD