I've given up trying to protect my PB using just the standard neoprene cover. I've already ordered a MediaDevil Magicscreen screen protector set (2x) from Amazon as these appear to be the mutts nuts according to buyers. Now I just need a decent case. Amazon also has a Qubits accessories black aluminium hard back cover, lined with silicon, to give decent ptotection for just �1.90, which is amazing if it actually works, so I took a gamble on that as well. But there have been some amazing looking cases reviewed on here and elsewhere including some pretty nice leather journal/filofax type cases. But many of these don't appear to be available in the UK, like the Dodocase for example.

I'd be interested to know what other PB owners in the UK are using.
    swanibs likes this.
    02-28-13 01:52 PM
    I'm using a leather fold case / stand from ebay - �5, plus a screen protector. Multi-function & protected. All good. Had a couple of others but love this setup. I personally agree the neoprene doesn't cover much imo
    02-28-13 02:47 PM
    I've just purchased the original folio case on Amazon. PB fits like a glove, all ports are accesable except you need to leave the cover open to charge it. Camers port on the back as well. Unlike some cases, the whole screen is accessible even the speakers are not impeded. All for �14.99
    mhmediaonline likes this.
    02-28-13 03:17 PM
    I have had a Blackberry Leather case for all my previous blackberry’s
    when I purchased my Z10 , I bought the genuine leather case at the same time
    this case is not in the same league as my previous cases , and it is difficult to get the phone out and out
    the case is far too tight for the phone
    about a week later, I bought the genuine flip case, but that felt very cheap ,
    I did like the fact that when you opened the case it took you straight into your phone ,
    you don’t have to swipe the screen to unlock ,but working with a flip lid that fold up lid just annoyed me.
    next option
    I purchased a s line gel case ( non-genuine ) I liked this case as it gave you grips down each side of the phone
    and the case gave the phone decent protection , but the fact the case went round the edges of the screen
    it interfered with the use of the phone when the phone was turned on its side.
    the buttons were stiff to press as these were covered with the case ,
    I then saw a review for the transform hard case with flip stand on the Crackberry web site , I purchased this from a UK online supplier
    I have been using this case for approximately a week now and I am well pleased
    this is a well thought out product , with a nice feel to it
    it might not give the protection a full case has , but it offers’ good protection on all 4 corners and the back ,
    it also does not interfere with the phone operation, and it does not spoil the look of the phone
    and it also means that when the Multimedia Dock is launched ,I can use the phone without having to remove a case
    02-28-13 03:17 PM
    sorry i miss read your post

My Playbook is covered with the Genuine Blackberry Leather case that folds into a stand for viewing or typing . this was originally purchased from the Carphone Warehouse
    02-28-13 03:31 PM
    Our two Playbooks have the Blackberry leather envelope case (bought on Amazon UK).
    It doesn't make it too bulky and fits in my jacket pocket when I am travelling.

I tried the Media Devil screen protectors and gave-up. Couldn't avoid specs of dust (I live in an old house with many animals).
    Not had any problem without screen protector, but I always put the PB back in its case when not in use.
    02-28-13 03:45 PM
    Thanks guys. It seems you're walking a tightrope buying on ebay. So many cases advertised a "leather" are actually imitation leather, but at real leather prices.The Sena Jornal looks great and seems to be made of stern stuff, but its ridiculously expensive. I went for the Targus Truss in the end. I would've gone for the Targus Zierra if they had it in red (being a gooner and all ).

And agreed about the screen protectors parbrook. We got the girls a pack of 3 cheapo ones as part of their Christmas present and they were woeful. It was like someone had sprinkled sawdust on the sticky side before packaging. The best screen protector I have ever had is the one supplied with my Otterbox Defender case for the htc desire phone. It went on with not the slightest hint of a bubble and you wouldn't know it was there. I ordered one for my wife's desire as well and it was exactly the same. Just a bit too reflective for a tablet though. I'll use a brand new high quality spectacles cleaning cloth and surgical spirit to clean the screen and an aircan before applying it and see how it goes. Apparently Mediadevil are so sure of these they send you more if you make a mess of applying the first ones.
    02-28-13 05:13 PM
    Best case for playbook? Can't go wrong with the Otterbox defender case in my opinion. I have my bold 9780 and playbook both fitted with the Otterbox defender and as soon as i get my hands on the Z10 it will have an otterbox too!
    Wayne
    03-01-13 03:21 AM
    Thanks guys. It seems you're walking a tightrope buying on ebay. So many cases advertised a "leather" are actually imitation leather, but at real leather prices.The Sena Jornal looks great and seems to be made of stern stuff, but its ridiculously expensive. I went for the Targus Truss in the end. I would've gone for the Targus Zierra if they had it in red (being a gooner and all ).

And agreed about the screen protectors parbrook. We got the girls a pack of 3 cheapo ones as part of their Christmas present and they were woeful. It was like someone had sprinkled sawdust on the sticky side before packaging. The best screen protector I have ever had is the one supplied with my Otterbox Defender case for the htc desire phone. It went on with not the slightest hint of a bubble and you wouldn't know it was there. I ordered one for my wife's desire as well and it was exactly the same. Just a bit too reflective for a tablet though. I'll use a brand new high quality spectacles cleaning cloth and surgical spirit to clean the screen and an aircan before applying it and see how it goes. Apparently Mediadevil are so sure of these they send you more if you make a mess of applying the first ones.
    I've got the genuine BB Convertible case which I believe is synthetic leather, but it looks and feels good quality and classy. I have the Media Devil screen protector, I screwed up the 1st two and Media Devil sent me a couple of replacements free of charge, just haven't had the courage to try and fit them yet.

Cheers, Mark
    03-01-13 06:10 AM
    I've got the genuine BB Convertible case which I believe is synthetic leather, but it looks and feels good quality and classy. I have the Media Devil screen protector, I screwed up the 1st two and Media Devil sent me a couple of replacements free of charge, just haven't had the courage to try and fit them yet.

Cheers, Mark
    Yeah theres nodoubt the convertible case is a touch of class, but I like the extra protection given by the Truss and at �13.99 inc delivery it was a good price as well.
    03-01-13 08:27 AM
    When I first got my PlayBook I bought one of the cheap faux leather stand cases that were about �3 or �4 on Amazon. For the price they were an absolute steal, and I was happy with it, really.

The stand part of it had quite a shallow base, so unless on a hard flat surface, wasn't always the most stable stand.

Then I read somebody on here mention the 360 cases you can get for the PlayBook. I order one from ebay, it was around �8 delivered. The PlayBook snaps into a firm plastic frame - much the same was as the official stand / journal case. Although faux leather, it is very nicely made and finished, has all the appropriate cutouts, and the 360 thing makes it easy to charge whilst still using it in the stand. The stand also has a fair amount of depth, plus two indents for different angles, so is pretty stable.

Not long after I got that case, my parents bought a PlayBook and bought the official journal stand / case with it. When compared side-by-side with the 360 case, the 360 case actually looks preferable in terms of quality and finish, so I got them the same case, too.

As for screen protectors, for both mine and my parent's PlayBook, I never removed the original one with the gesture marks on. I trimmed the tab at the corner that would help you remove it, and scratched off the white slik screen images on it, so now it's a perfect fit, and never had to worry about bubbles, or whether it wasn't as sensitive as the naked screen.
    03-01-13 11:31 AM
    Currys have the Leather Journal case for �9.99 ( down from �29.99) Buy BLACKBERRY Playbook Leather Journal Case - Black | Free Delivery | Currys
    Mickrick likes this.
    03-01-13 06:14 PM
    Currys have the Leather Journal case for �9.99 ( down from �29.99) Buy BLACKBERRY Playbook Leather Journal Case - Black | Free Delivery | Currys

That's a great price for the journal case, I wish I'd known about it before buying the Targus case. Currys seem to do some really good deals for the PB and accessories. They had the official fast charge cradle for �4.99 after Christmas. And no, I never got one of those either, though I picked one up brand new for �12 elsewhere.
    03-06-13 01:02 PM
    Unfortunately I cant use the charging cradle with the journal case, so I might go with the leather slip case
    03-08-13 08:57 AM
    I use this: Deluxe Black Leather Case Cover For BlackBerry Playbook: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Surprisingly good for the price. I was a little sceptical when I ordered it, but it's actually pretty decent.
    03-08-13 09:58 AM
    I use this: Deluxe Black Leather Case Cover For BlackBerry Playbook: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Surprisingly good for the price. I was a little sceptical when I ordered it, but it's actually pretty decent.
    That was the first one I used, and it's a bargain for the price. I only changed it, because when using it as a stand the base is quite shallow.

I then bought one of these, when using it as a stand, is much more stable, and you can have it in portrait, landscape, or inverted landscape so you can connect up charging / HDMI whilst you're using it.

I've been amazed with the quality for such humbly priced cases - the 360 case actually looks and feels superior in quality to the official journal / stand case.
    SifJar likes this.
    03-08-13 11:18 AM
    Wish I could buy this

Unfortunately, it is no longer made. I managed to find one on ebay for a stupid amount of money.

As it stands, I have the Journal case. Sturdy and fully protects the PB. Elastic band that holds the cover closed seems a little flimsy though.
    03-08-13 05:42 PM
    Wish I could buy this

Unfortunately, it is no longer made. I managed to find one on ebay for a stupid amount of money.

As it stands, I have the Journal case. Sturdy and fully protects the PB. Elastic band that holds the cover closed seems a little flimsy though.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...bUvbUpU8096734
    03-09-13 03:54 PM
    Is the gap in the case big enough for it to go on the charging stand?
    03-09-13 04:37 PM
    Re - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...bUvbUpU8097027
    Is the gap in the case big enough for it to go on the charging stand?
    I have this case and love it. It also goes on my charger without having to remove the case - you just have to open it further back so the case lies over and behind the charger. See photo

Attachment 140179
    Attached Thumbnails Best case available in the UK-20130122_164415r.jpg  
    03-09-13 05:19 PM
    Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to put two pics in!
    03-09-13 05:22 PM
    Great find. Whilst it's not the carbon look, it is certainly the same in every other detail.

Is it a secure fit?
    03-09-13 06:32 PM
    03-09-13 07:14 PM
    Great find. Whilst it's not the carbon look, it is certainly the same in every other detail.

Is it a secure fit?
    Check this thread out
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=7875807
    03-10-13 04:18 AM

Is it a secure fit?
    Yes, it's a secure fit although it is relatively easy to take the Playbook out of the case. To remove, you turn back the front and slide the Playbook out. Although I said it was very easy to remove, I think that is misleading. It is certainly less of a fiddle than others I have tried.

It's slim, has hard clips on the corners, hard clips on each side plus the hard clips at the lower edge so, if it were to fall, the clips would take the brunt.
    03-10-13 05:18 AM
27 12