Best buy is now taking pre-orders in the store for the 32 and 64 gb versions. Previously it was just the 16gb version.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 06:20 AM
    I did a pre-order at Best.com the first day for my 64gb.
    04-01-11 07:04 AM
    Can you change your pre-order to in-store pick-up?
    04-01-11 07:23 AM
    You can try to call 888bestbuy and see if they can. If not cancel the order and come in to your local store and preorder it there.

04-01-11 07:27 AM
    Yesterday I was at the local Best Buy in Illinois and it was still 16 gig only. Staples was clueless and Office Depot tried to up sell me on the endless warranty. In all a very frustrating afternoon and still no reason to pull the trigger given the lack of guarentee of delivery on release date. Between Blackberry and the retailers all are doing a fine job of making it as hard as possible to stay excited about this release. I can not remember a more underwhelming process before a supposedly 'game changing' product... too bad the mother ship and retail outlets can't present a clear, consistent message to generate additional interest. It is amazing how much misinformation and lack of information on key components remain on a product due out in under 3 weeks.
    04-01-11 07:57 AM
    great...im gonna go today. last week 3 bestbuy didnt have this available...only 16gb
    04-01-11 08:02 AM
    Best buy is now taking pre-orders in the store for the 32 and 64 gb versions. Previously it was just the 16gb version.

Online still shows shipping only option. Called Best Buy and they said the same thing. Says "coming soon" referring to in store pick up for online ordering.
    04-01-11 09:13 AM
    Yesterday I was at the local Best Buy in Illinois and it was still 16 gig only. Staples was clueless and Office Depot tried to up sell me on the endless warranty. In all a very frustrating afternoon and still no reason to pull the trigger given the lack of guarentee of delivery on release date. Between Blackberry and the retailers all are doing a fine job of making it as hard as possible to stay excited about this release. I can not remember a more underwhelming process before a supposedly 'game changing' product... too bad the mother ship and retail outlets can't present a clear, consistent message to generate additional interest. It is amazing how much misinformation and lack of information on key components remain on a product due out in under 3 weeks.
    I did the same thing yesterday in mn and got the exact same responses. Thanks for posting. Those were my thoughts exactly!

04-01-11 09:18 AM
    For anyone in Canada, Best Buy here has had all 3 models available at store level for pre-order since March 25th. It was 16gb only for March 22-24.

For our American friends, I hope Best Buy gets their act together for you soon as it seems the 32gb and 64gb are the deisred models and not having to wait/deal with uncertain shipping sure is nice. The only way I don't get mine on the 19th is if Best Buy doesn't get them from Rim.
    04-01-11 09:20 AM
    For anyone in Canada, Best Buy here has had all 3 models available at store level for pre-order since March 25th. It was 16gb only for March 22-24.

For our American friends, I hope Best Buy gets their act together for you soon as it seems the 32gb and 64gb are the deisred models and not having to wait/deal with uncertain shipping sure is nice. The only way I don't get mine on the 19th is if Best Buy doesn't get them from Rim.
    Same with Staples here in Burlington (ont). All 3 available for preorder in store.

Max

04-01-11 10:42 AM
    I'm still considering doing a pre-order so I called Best Buy to make sure I could pre-order the 32GB model for in-store.

First person I spoke with in computers/notebooks/tabets wasn't sure what the Playbook was so he went to ask then came back and transferred me to mobile. Mobile then put me on hold and someone else came on the line to explain the pre-order process to me. He told me they are only taking pre-orders for the 32GB and 64GB models, not the 16GB model, which I thought was strange. I asked if they could tell me how many people had pre-ordered at this point and he said "none from what the computer is showing me." I then asked if he could confirm the release date of the 19th and his reply was "I think so."
    04-01-11 06:05 PM
    One of my customers at work is a manager at futureshop and he took my preorder in store. He swears to me he will call me personally as soon as they arrive and hold my order. I can't wait!

04-01-11 06:08 PM
    My store has a pre-order flyer for the playbook. There's no reason why the store shouldn't be taking a pre-order for particular unit. Not sure why they said that.

04-01-11 06:22 PM
    Is a pre-order considered a special order and thus subject to the 25% restocking fee if returned?
    04-01-11 06:26 PM
    No. Its ordering before released. The PB will be a regularily stocked item. Special Orders are not stocked.

04-01-11 06:28 PM
    Is a pre-order considered a special order and thus subject to the 25% restocking fee if returned?
    No. And I'm pretty sure restocking fees have been dropped completly across the company on everything anyway. Don't hold me to that though.

04-01-11 06:29 PM
    No. And I'm pretty sure restocking fees have been dropped completly across the company on everything anyway. Don't hold me to that though.

Yeah restocking fees are no more. Reference. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-Geek-Squad-Policies/Best-Buy-Ends-Restocking-Fees/td-p/206808

The special order restocking fee applies to items such as special order appliances.

04-01-11 06:35 PM
    There are just fewer and fewer reasons not to go tonight and pre-order this beast. Any thoughts on the Best Buy service plan? For it? against it?
    04-01-11 06:48 PM
    There are just fewer and fewer reasons not to go tonight and pre-order this beast. Any thoughts on the Best Buy service plan? For it? against it?
    Love it. Accidental damage is a must. I will be getting it on my playbook.

04-01-11 06:51 PM
    If i preorder in store at best buy, does that mean I can pick it up instore? Or would I still have to wait for them to deliver it to my home?

I already have the pb preordered from staples but after this whole fiasco with the coupon I have no reason to buy it from them other then the fact that I'd like to pick it up instore rather than have it delivered.
    04-01-11 08:29 PM
    If i preorder in store at best buy, does that mean I can pick it up instore? Or would I still have to wait for them to deliver it to my home?

I already have the pb preordered from staples but after this whole fiasco with the coupon I have no reason to buy it from them other then the fact that I'd like to pick it up instore rather than have it delivered.
    Cancel your online Staples order and go order IN PERSON at Best Buy for store pick up April 19. Extended Warranty is your choice.
    04-01-11 08:44 PM
    You guys are right, Best Buy did drop the restock fee (doubt I would even need to return it). I'm just trying to decide if I should scale back the storage and buy the Best Buy protection or live dangerously and use the $$$ to buy as much Playbook as I can.
    04-01-11 08:56 PM
    Funny, I was at Best Buy earlier today before seeing this thread, and I asked if it were possible to change my deposit for a 32 and he said no.
    04-01-11 09:46 PM
    Funny, I was at Best Buy earlier today before seeing this thread, and I asked if it were possible to change my deposit for a 32 and he said no.
    Offer to cancel, see what happens.

04-01-11 10:03 PM
    Has anyone been able to verify this over the weekend? I'd love to have a 32 waiting for me on launch day....
    04-04-11 02:30 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD