Anyone do an in-store pre-order at Best Buy? If so, anyone able to pick up today?
    04-18-11 08:15 AM
    Don't know about all areas -- but in my area BB doesn't open until 10:00. I went in yesterday and played with the demo. The mobile phone guys said Tuesday. I asked if they were in and they said no. I don't really think they knew, though.
    04-18-11 08:20 AM
    Thank you for the reply. I'm uber impatient! lol
    04-18-11 08:32 AM
    I ordered in store, was there yesterday and he said they didn't have them in (He was just saying whatever, he looked like he didn't give a crap) and pointed to a sign that said April 19th...
    04-18-11 08:44 AM
    Looks like employees not giving a care is trending.
    04-18-11 09:34 AM
    Looks like employees not giving a care is trending.
    I think they genuinely don't know.
    04-18-11 09:36 AM
    I called Futureshop just now and they said they have them in their inventory but will NOT be selling until tomorrow morning at 7am
    04-18-11 09:39 AM
    I ordered in store, was there yesterday and he said they didn't have them in (He was just saying whatever, he looked like he didn't give a crap) and pointed to a sign that said April 19th...
    I was told Best Buy doesn't have them yet either. Unlike Staples, it seems, they don't even ship the products from their distribution centers until the day they launch. It's like that with all releases, including major ones like the iPad 2. This will be no different.

On a side note, can you imagine what it's like at a Best Buy store on a Tuesday morning right before they open, since every major video game, movie, and piece of technology releases on Tuesdays, and they have to check them all in before they open... That would suck.
    04-18-11 09:42 AM
    I called Futureshop just now and they said they have them in their inventory but will NOT be selling until tomorrow morning at 7am
    Thanks for the info. Sounds like street dates are pretty strict. One more day won't kill us I guess.
    04-18-11 09:43 AM
    I won't get any sleepd tonight and I have to go to work tomorrow so I can't pick it up at 10am!
    04-18-11 09:48 AM
    I'm tempted to go by FS and asking if they will sell now but I know it will be a waste of my time.
    04-18-11 10:23 AM
    I think I have the morning off tomorrow, which is perfect!
    04-18-11 11:12 AM
    I'm tempted to go by FS and asking if they will sell now but I know it will be a waste of my time.
    lol good luck. it will be a waste of time. Futureshop is extremely strict with "pre" releasing stuff.
    04-18-11 11:13 AM
    Office depot has them in stock by me now but hey will not sell them yet.
    04-18-11 11:13 AM
    My guess is that RIM can pretty easily find out if any stores sell early and will lay the smack down, so I'll be suprrised if any slip out at least before midnight.
    04-18-11 11:14 AM
    Damn. Staples is opening at midnight at some locations, but not mine!
    04-18-11 11:30 AM
    When I preordered mine in store the guy showed me his computer which said the 24th. Im hoping this isnt actually true because I will be driving to all best buys tomorrow to get one if they dont have one in for me. I preordered Saturday because I didnt want to chance not getting one. Maybe I was to far back on the list.
    04-18-11 12:05 PM
    I called and the customer service staff said they had (2) 32gb Playbooks, and when I drove all the way out there they had the boxes in sight but they would not sell me one until tomorrow, very disappointed although I was pretty sure the customer service rep was wrong to begin with, but they are obviously there and ready to go.

Anyone thinking they may let someone walk out with one right at closing, since it so close to the next day?
    04-18-11 12:45 PM
    I called and the customer service staff said they had (2) 32gb Playbooks, and when I drove all the way out there they had the boxes in sight but they would not sell me one until tomorrow, very disappointed although I was pretty sure the customer service rep was wrong to begin with, but they are obviously there and ready to go.

Anyone thinking they may let someone walk out with one right at closing, since it so close to the next day?
    Unless they close at 12:05AM, then not likely.
    04-18-11 12:49 PM

Theres not a chance that retail wont do that. It shows on the registers that the codes aren't in the system (usually downloaded the night before selling the product) So maybe a small mom and pop store that sells the PB may be able to do it, but BB, FS, Staples and other big chains, it wont be in their registers with the codes until tomorrow morning or midnight tonight
    levinej likes this.
    04-18-11 12:52 PM
    Come on seriously guys... Stop the wishful thinking, if a store opens at midnight to sell the PB, then it will happen. But if the store closes its doors at 8-10pm, there is not a chance in **** its going to be sold tonight.
    04-18-11 12:53 PM
    I'm anxiously awaiting too, but there has been little hype about the Playbook here in Seattle. I'm having a hard time even finding out what stores are going to have them for sure!
    04-18-11 12:56 PM
    To all, things like this have a very strict street date. My store won't be selling any until tomorrow, no exceptions. Unfortunately, I believe that stores risk fines if the street date is violated.
    Last edited by ren.saiyuri; 04-18-11 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Typo correction
    04-18-11 12:57 PM
    I called my bestbuy today, they still haven't gotten them in yet and the women said they even might not get them in till late tomorrow
    04-18-11 03:46 PM
    This is crazy.so I called bestbuy store where I preordered mine.i ask them if I will be able to pick it up today and said no its not out yet.so I ask him if they 32 gb on stock cause I preordeted the 32 gb and he said they dont know yet because they dont have it yet.so I ask him if i will be able to pick it up tomorow and he said I have to wait for thier call before going to thier store because they dont know if they actually have it by tomorow.this is rediculous

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-11 04:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD