Anyone have any solid information on the Best Buy return policy?

I thought it was 14 days, but I just took a look at the back of my receipt.

The PlayBook is neither a desktop nor a notebook, so according to this, it should be 30 days, right?

Or do you think I should go and ask?

05-02-11 12:18 PM
    Ask a manager at the store. Make sure to note the name of the employee you spoke with as well as the date and time.
    05-02-11 12:21 PM
    I figure that a tablet would fall under the category of desktop and notebook computers and am giving myself a 14-day window to make the decision to keep it (looking like I will). Just give them a call.
    05-02-11 12:21 PM
    I asked at point of purchase and after talking to the manager the salesperson informed me it was 14 days.
    05-02-11 12:23 PM
    I work there, it is 14 days. the return policy will be updated soon, since tablets are coming in to the market now.
    Deathcommand likes this.
    05-02-11 12:24 PM
    I work there, it is 14 days. the return policy will be updated soon, since tablets are coming in to the market now.
    Ok guys........thanks very much!

Heading out there right now. PlayBook is going back......but then I will buy it right back (not happy to say this, but it is what it is)!

Who is offering a 30 day return policy in the Dallas area?

Thanks guys.......as is usual, crackberry.com is the best!!!
    Last edited by stubbornswiss; 05-02-11 at 07:19 PM.
    05-02-11 12:27 PM

Heading out there right now. PlayBook is going back......but then I will buy it right back (not happy to say this, but it is what it is)!

Thank guys.......as is usual, crackberry.com is the best!!!
    lol stubborn your too funny but at least your honest.
    05-02-11 12:30 PM
    I thought it was 30 days too. But if you go to their website, the return policy has been updated to add Tablets to the category of Laptops and Desktops.

Returning In-Store Purchases - Best Buy
    05-02-11 12:31 PM
    online BB site lists tablets in the 14day return category. Just took mine back with non-charging battery issue (day 10). They were great, x-changed for new one, which reset the 14day timer.

LOL...

I think someone on these forums said that Costco has a longer return policy.
    It appears that Costco USA does not offer the playbook.

When picking up my online-ordered playbook from Bestbuy, I believe their posted policy was 14 days under some other limitation - either considered a "mobile" device or tablet. It is sold out of the mobile area.

Mine would be due back this coming Fri or Sat under the 14 day policy.
    05-02-11 12:36 PM
    I think someone on these forums said that Costco has a longer return policy.
    costco also has a yearly membership fee, Best Buy does not, certain things you can return at Costco from 6mo to a year.
    05-02-11 12:43 PM
    Costco is selling them here in Canada thru the Wireless Wave booths instead of thru their regular stock which allows the Playbbok to NOT be included in Costcos usual excellent warranty, Instead it is only 14 days.
    05-02-11 12:58 PM
    Best Buy Silver Rewards member= 45 day return policy.... (Silver Reward = purchased $2500 in a calendar year)
    05-02-11 01:11 PM
    I was told by the manager and the rep that the return and / or exchange policy is 30 days from the date of purchase.
    I bought at the Best buy in Springfield, VA.
    05-02-11 02:11 PM

HA! same here.

i know it is 14 days, so my unit is going back this wednesday...at day 12.

if i do not recieve my free one that i won by then, i will just repurchase another until i do recieve it.
    05-02-11 02:28 PM
    I checked with my Best Buy (East Hanover, NJ) several times over. They claimed that the return policy on the PB is 30 days. It does not fall under the category of laptop/desktop as this device is neither.
    05-02-11 02:39 PM
    looks like bestbuy canada and bestbuy US have diff return policies, wouldn't surprise me as i heard bestbuy US only recently got rid of their restocking fee.
    05-02-11 10:36 PM
    OK....here's an update.

My PlayBook went back this evening, and I can confirm that Best Buy here in the Dallas (TX) area told me that the return policy on the BlackBerry PlayBook is 14 days.
    05-02-11 10:39 PM
    Just took mine back with non-charging battery issue (day 10). They were great, x-changed for new one, which reset the 14day timer.
    Does exchanging due to defect really reset the 14 days? I called the Best Buy 888 number to ask this question and they said it does not and if I have any further problems with the PlayBook after 14 days from the original purchase then I need to take it up with RIM.
    05-02-11 10:43 PM
    It's 14 days, opened or unopened.
    No restocking fee.
    If they tell you 30 days you're special or they don't know what they're saying. It's most likely they don't know what they're saying.

Does exchanging due to defect really reset the 14 days? I called the Best Buy 888 number to ask this question and they said it does not and if I have any further problems with the PlayBook after 14 days from the original purchase then I need to take it up with RIM.
    It doesn't technically reset it, but our POS system views an exchange as a complete return and a complete repurchase.
    So, it resets.

Also,

14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, iPad, tablets and radar detectors
    Returning In-Store Purchases - Best Buy
    Last edited by BestBuyAndrew; 05-02-11 at 10:47 PM.
    05-02-11 10:45 PM
    Same experience. I bought the 16GB version on launch day, and 2 days later upgraded to 32GB version. Yet my 14 days was calculated from the original purchase date!

One needs to be careful about this!!
    05-02-11 10:48 PM
    Yea I figured the sales people at my Best Buy were morons. Who would have thought!
    05-03-11 12:00 AM
    Wait can we confirm no restocking fee? Because I really want to get my hands on a playbook outside of the stores and I'm really on the fence about buying one. I was 90% certain they would have a restocking fee, but bestbuyandrew says there isn't. (I'm not a big fan of bestbuy by the way)
    05-03-11 12:58 AM
    Wait can we confirm no restocking fee? Because I really want to get my hands on a playbook outside of the stores and I'm really on the fence about buying one. I was 90% certain they would have a restocking fee, but bestbuyandrew says there isn't. (I'm not a big fan of bestbuy by the way)
    Restocking Fee

There is a 25% restocking fee for special order products.

That's all that's on our website.
    I can guarantee you that there is no restocking fee on the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    05-03-11 02:01 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD