I think BlackBerry should be like Apple, blow out a new version of their tablet every year, add a new feature or two so you have the latest and greatest, at least until next year when what you have will suck and you have to shell out another 6 or 700 dollars to have the next latest and greatest.
    I'm sure they would if they could get away with it.
    07-13-12 02:12 PM
    Bought mine at BB and the sales guy was really into the PB.
    07-13-12 02:13 PM
    I'm sure they would if they could get away with it.
    But why would they want to? I'd rather have a tablet that works for me 18 months later at one price instead of having to buy a new one every year just so I have have the newest one on the market. PlayBook is doing everying I need it to do and at the price I paid for it.

I can see retailers wanting to sell tablets that will have customers miserable in 6 months and back to buy something else. No wonder they don't want to support the PlayBook, they aren't getting any repeat customers, everybody is keeping their PlayBooks and enjoying them!
    07-13-12 02:19 PM
    All sales people are clueless and uneducated in the major retail stores. If you're working at a Best Buy or Future Shop specifically, at least have the knowledge to carry a simple conversation with someone else on a OS or tech product. Unfortunately, these are the ones that recommend products to regular consumers who do not read tech blogs or are educated enough to make a decision by themselves on a phone or tablet.
    07-13-12 02:23 PM
    But why would they want to? I'd rather have a tablet that works for me 18 months later at one price instead of having to buy a new one every year just so I have have the newest one on the market. PlayBook is doing everying I need it to do and at the price I paid for it.

I can see retailers wanting to sell tablets that will have customers miserable in 6 months and back to buy something else. No wonder they don't want to support the PlayBook, they aren't getting any repeat customers, everybody is keeping their PlayBooks and enjoying them!
    That's the beauty of it. If you want the latest and greatest, buy it. If not, enjoy the one you already have.

I won't even address that comment about customers being miserable in 6 months. Makes zero sense.
    Last edited by brucep1; 07-13-12 at 03:01 PM.
    07-13-12 02:59 PM
    To me, BB is just a supplier of commodities. Most sales reps are under 30, have little understanding of the business world but seem to have a flair for pushing the "gee-whiz" products. Since I am a senior, most tend to look the other way when I look at tech products because they think I'll probably be a luddite that will take up a lot of their time explaining things to me. I'm fairly tech competent so if I go into BB it is only because they have the best price on what I'm looking to purchase and even then I'll try buying at Costco first because of their 2 yr guarantee on most tech products and 90 day return policy. I noticed yesterday the wireless booth at Costco was selling the 16GB PB for $197 although just the standard warranty, not 2 years.
    With all the info available online these days, anyone who listens to a BB employee's advice is just lazy for not being able to do their own research. I actually sent an email to their Prez telling him that their stores aren't senior friendly and since seniors are the most prolific buyers of tech with the largest wallets, (In my golf group of 12 seniors, we own 22 laptops, 14 tablets-4PB's, over 20 phones and countless gadgets like ereaders, golf gpses, cameras, etc etc.) maybe it was time to figure out how to cater to this demographic. Surprise, surprise, 2 months later and no response.
    bungaboy and mcmolineux like this.
    07-13-12 03:02 PM
    Well I went to Office Depot this afternoon and bought a 16 GB playbook. So far I love this thing! I guess best buy missed sale but I don't think that they care.
    07-13-12 09:34 PM
    All I can say is I am very happy I do not shop at the Best Buys you all shop at.

There are four (4) stores I frequent (Manchester, CT, Enfield, CT, Worcester, MA,
    Vauxhall, NJ) and I find the sales people to be helpful, knowledgeable and certainly
    not product biased.

My niece in NJ is using a 9810 and a Playbook based on my recommendation and
    the confirmation of the sales person at the Vauxhall store. Not only did she know
    the product inside and out, she explained in clear detail why the combination was a
    much better choice for my nieces stated needs than anything iOS or Android.
    (My niece went in dead set on an iPhone and iPad)

I guess it comes down not only to the store but how much they invest in training
    and how much latitude they give their staff.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-14-12 at 09:38 AM.
    07-14-12 09:33 AM
    Haha just ask the sales person, "I'm looking for a tablet that supports flash, have dual cameras that shoot 1080p HD, stereo speakers and stereo microphone, has the Highest Score on HTML5 test", HDMI, "real" multi-tasking... and see what he/she has to say...

If he/she doesn't say PlayBook, TELL THEM THEY'RE WRONGGGGGGGGGGGG!
    OMG that's classic and I would pay to hear that sales person's response. Maybe he/she will hand you a kindle fire lol.
    07-14-12 11:50 PM
    RIM will have the last laugh if BB goes bankrupt first.
    07-15-12 03:59 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD