Nice!

Best Buy: BlackBerry PlayBook Flying Off Shelves | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Don't write off Research in Motion's BlackBerry PlayBook just yet. The first media tablets from RIM are flying off the shelves, according to retailer Best Buy.

"Best Buy has had great success selling BlackBerry smart phones in North America, so our sales expectations for the BlackBerry PlayBook were very high," Best Buy said in a statement sent to PCMag Friday.

"To date, we have far exceeded those expectations and we're finding that customers are even more interested in purchasing once they've tested the PlayBook in the store."
    04-29-11 09:00 PM
    A good product sells itself. Even a very young good product. I know I would buy one. Oh wait....that's done already!
    04-29-11 09:09 PM
    parade this great achievement around, i don't to see a single playbook on store shelf for a while. i would rather see people happily using it. but reading that they are moving this well makes me happy and with this interest in it will mean great things for us. yayyy .
    04-29-11 09:34 PM
    My coworker went out at lunch on Monday and bought one at staples after she saw mine and played with it. I went by her office today to see how she was getting along with the Playbook. She was all smiles and couldnt say enough good things about it. The best thing was she told me that her Husband ended up going out last night and buying one for himself. She wouldnt let him use it enough to play NFS. Way to go RIM
    04-29-11 09:40 PM
    been to Best Buy a few times over the past 10 days. they have not replenished any accessories whatsoever....the reason I go there is due to a gift certificate I have...yet Staples, have significant variety in accessories and seem to have sufficient stock.....

i bought my PB at Staples...it's 15 mins from where I live, got it on my way home....satisfied
    04-29-11 09:52 PM
    It's amazing how many predicted doom and gloom after the debut of Xoom, but by many accounts, PlayBook has boom.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 10:05 PM
    well as of sunday there will be one extra on the shelf near my house cause mine has to go back

the worst part is i dont want it to go back, it just has to go back cause stupid hydro is more important
    04-29-11 10:09 PM
    The Staples store near me can't keep them in stock. I went in today to use my $15 off coupon for the quick charging dock. They got 28 in yesterday and there was nary a one in stock. Hot stuff!
    04-29-11 10:14 PM
    04-29-11 10:27 PM
    It will be interesting to keep an eye on this:

Google Trends: playbook, ipad

So far looks good, lets hope the trends continue.
    04-29-11 10:35 PM
    PB is a fantastic product! The majority of adopters love it and it is only going to get better!
    04-29-11 10:43 PM
    At the Best Buy today buying a second unit for work. The strangest thing about that place is the Playbook is in the cell phone area and can only be sold by cell phone sales people. Other tablets are in the laptop area and can only be sold by laptop people. Seems a bit strange if you ask me.

They did not seem to have any accessories and the sales people there did not know much if anything about the unit. One comment from the sales person was that they had been selling well considering he did not know anything about it.
    04-29-11 10:53 PM
    BestBuy Calgary stores have stock pile of Playbook. Just to let you guys know... if you need to buy a Playbook or even 25 Playbooks OR even 50 P;playbook, Calgary, Canada has too many once. I don't want to break all of your optimism, there are MORE returned Playbooks than iPad2s.
    04-29-11 10:59 PM
    BestBuy Calgary stores have stock pile of Playbook. Just to let you guys know... if you need to buy a Playbook or even 25 Playbooks OR even 50 P;playbook, Calgary, Canada has too many once. I don't want to break all of your optimism, there are MORE returned Playbooks than iPad2s.
    not all stores/markets are gonna have the same sales.
    04-29-11 11:00 PM
    not all stores/markets are gonna have the same sales.
    That's true, but it seems like the key reason why some people hold back on PB is number of apps. No matter what we as BB users think, the average user always look for apps to fit their needs. For example, I need a 3D molecule for my chemistry class... iPad has one.. so I am going to buy an iPad not because I hate PB, but because PB has no good apps. Another example, the D-Link home monitor camera system has no app for BB or PB, but has for Android and iPad/iPhone. The transit bus system here in Calgary has NO app for BlackBerry and has two apps for iPhone and Android. How about Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine has on app for BB...

I find it funny how die hard Blackberry users say, "I don't need a fat app"... well but I need a good Transit app and a good Calculus app!!!

If RIM don't want to keep up the game in apps, then even I will find an android phone with a good physical keyboard and move on.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 04-29-11 at 11:16 PM.
    04-29-11 11:14 PM
    That's true, but it seems like the key reason why some people hold back on PB is number of apps. No matter what we as BB users think, the average user always look for apps to fit their needs. For example, I need a 3D molecule for my chemistry class... iPad has one.. so I am going to buy an iPad not because I hate PB, but because PB has no good apps. Another example, the D-Link home monitor camera system has no app for BB or PB, but has for Android and iPad/iPhone. The transit bus system here in Calgary has NO app for BlackBerry and has two apps for iPhone and Android. How about Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine has on app for BB...

I find it funny how die hard Blackberry users say, "I don't need a fat app"... well but I need a good Transit app and a good Calculus app!!!

If RIM don't want to keep up the game in apps, then even I will find an android phone with a good physical keyboard and move on.
    it's a brand new platform

how many apps were available for the iPad when it launched?

How many apps are there that are "made" for HoneyComb?

These things take time.
    04-29-11 11:27 PM
    it's a brand new platform

how many apps were available for the iPad when it launched?
    None.

How many apps are there that are "made" for HoneyComb?
    Eleven.

These things take time.
    Not all RIM haters are trolls; some are just plain stupid.

hazer72 likes this.
    04-30-11 05:12 AM
    It could be that BB can't keep them in stock because they have not ordered more

They had their initial stock come and go, now lets see if they order more.
    04-30-11 06:06 AM
    ... The transit bus system here in Calgary has NO app for BlackBerry and has two apps for iPhone and Android. How about Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine has on app for BB...
    But both Calgary Transit and Wolfram have full functioning websites. So you can just bookmark these. The greatest feature of the PB is it's browser capability (and compatibility).
    edyts likes this.
    04-30-11 06:12 AM
    None.

Eleven.

Not all RIM haters are trolls; some are just plain stupid.

Please don't make assumptions. There were a few hundred apps from large and small companies at the iPad launch, plus hundreds of thousands of iPhone apps that could scale up.
    Currently there are more than eleven apps for Honeycomb, it was only eleven when the reviewers got their hands on the Xoom, now 3 other Honeycomb tablets are out.
    04-30-11 07:58 AM
    I too would love for the PB to massively succeed! We need a blackberry friendly competitor to the iPad franchise!

But in order for this to happen, we need apps - and not just quantity but also quality! Virtually every app I tried so far is sub par (and I'm being kind!).

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that a brand new product will always have that problem - and hopefully RIM will bring out the Android compatibility quickly! But one would have thought if they can make Android apps work on the PB, why can't they make existing Blackberry apps also work on the PB?

In any case, RIM, please get us a boat load of useful, and high quality apps for the PB SOON!
    04-30-11 08:04 AM
    This tablet is that Cracc... anybody that isn't a crackberry user may be inferior from the gate.... Just a thought.....Posted via.....Playbook!!!!!
    04-30-11 08:05 AM
    DC area stores still has plenty in stock. I saw two Best Buys and one Staples this week with more than several PB in stock.
    04-30-11 08:13 AM
    They are flying off of the shelves because people like myself have to keep returning them due to dead pixels or other crazy issues.

My 3rd PB seems to be good.
    04-30-11 09:56 AM
    I have noticed that a few of the demo models are missing in two of the staples stores along with depleted accessories.
    04-30-11 10:39 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD