I ordered my BB PB from Best Buy on Friday morning... there were 1700 in stock when I started and around 700 in stock when I finally 'succeeded' 10 minutes later (I had to submit the order 4 times before it would take).

I've got an order number but the PB remains 'out of stock'. (I know the site mentioned they were on back order).

I have this sad feeling that Best Buy will not honor the order. The stores won't give you a straight answer about if they have any in stock (whether or not it is indicated online).

Anyone else thinking the same?
    11-21-11 03:10 PM
    I ordered mine online yesterday. Today I got a note from PayPal informing the payment had been refunded. Not even so much as a 'screw you very much' email from Best Buy.

Now Best Buy doesn't even have the PB on their website. I think the $200 playbook deal is gone bye-bye.
    YaBoi410 likes this.
    11-26-11 07:10 PM
    I ordered mine online yesterday. Today I got a note from PayPal informing the payment had been refunded. Not even so much as a 'screw you very much' email from Best Buy.

Now Best Buy doesn't even have the PB on their website. I think the $200 playbook deal is gone bye-bye.

I wouldn't give up hope, although there are no guarantees either. My wife finally decided she wanted a Playbook since we can't get or use Kindle Fires here in Canada.

Today around 11AM I went to the Sunridge Best Buy to pick one up for her for Xmas. Just walking in I saw people walking out with boxed Playbooks. I headed to the tablet sale area and saw a BestBuy sales clerk pulling 3 units out of the locked cabinet of the PB display, and there looked to be a dozen or more left inside, so I relaxed.

A couple of minutes later they opened up again, this time for me and I got a 16Gig unit for my wife. While waiting at the till lineup, the clerk told me that the Playbooks were flying off the shelves and they would probably be out of current stock in a couple of hours. He also said that they were expecting 100 more sometime today or tomorrow, and that they would probably sell out the same day too, if things kept up.

I went over to the Playbook accessories area and found a neoprene pouch and an Icon carbon fiber clickcase [I have one of these and I like it a lot]. Most other choices were gone, and while I was looking a sales clerk bustled up and grabbed several of the Icon cases off the hook and rushed away with them.

So....wow. I don't know how much money RIM is losing on each sale, but they are definitely making up for it in volume...[sorry, old business school joke]. Still, if people hang on until February and IF [big 'if'] RIM comes through with a really good OS 2.0 for us all, they may be able to wipe off their face some of the egg they've collected over the last few months.
    11-26-11 07:44 PM
    I ordered my BB PB from Best Buy on Friday morning... there were 1700 in stock when I started and around 700 in stock when I finally 'succeeded' 10 minutes later (I had to submit the order 4 times before it would take).

I've got an order number but the PB remains 'out of stock'. (I know the site mentioned they were on back order).

I have this sad feeling that Best Buy will not honor the order. The stores won't give you a straight answer about if they have any in stock (whether or not it is indicated online).

If they don't have them in stock and you don't get if for a few weeks, I would cancel the order and just got to shopblackberry.ca...
    11-26-11 08:06 PM

I ordered mine on Friday, Nov 18th, the first day of the $300 off sale. Also purchased it when it was "out of stock" and on backorder. Paid by credit card. Usually, when the item is "out of stock" it just means that your product will be shipped when inventory is replenished - usually 6-7 business days.

Don't forget, the PB isn't being discontinued, Best Buy just doens't have any in stock at the moment to fulfill your order. Anyway, I received my Canada Post shipping confirmation last night. It's scheduled to arrive on Monday.

I wouldn't worry too much. I've purchased a few out of stock items from best buy over the years. It just meant that I had to wait a few extra days for my item to ship.

A
    11-26-11 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD