Hi everyone!

So, I just walked into my local Best Buy looking for a PlayBook. Their website says that they still have it on sale. When I asked the clerk if they had any, he told me "no". He then told me, in a hushed voice, "We don't carry old tablets here". Their display included two Acer tablets, two Xooms, four Galaxy Tabs, and four iPads. They had PB accessories, but claimed that they don't carry the tablet. The clerk made me feel embarrassed that I even wanted one.

This is not going to deter me from getting a PB. But is this common? Have others experienced similar treatment?
    12-28-11 04:46 PM
    Don't waste your time with those kids. Get it online.
    12-28-11 05:22 PM
    Best Buy only pushes Ipads! The Best Buy in Paducah Ky is the worst in my area! (out of 5 within an hours drive) Most of the time only the Ipad is up and running. I always go over and turn on the Playbook and start the demo video so people can see how fantastic the playback is on the Playbook!
    PondHockey likes this.
    12-28-11 08:58 PM
    It's sadly a fairly common scenario at Worst Buy to have the brainless sales rep steer you away from playbook. That's why I don't go there unless I absolutely must. (posted from my amazing and highly recommended playbook)
    12-29-11 12:15 AM
    Stories like this are very common. Give your money to another retailer that is willing to give you correct information.
    12-29-11 12:23 AM
    Yea, the only reason why I purchased mine from there was because the BestBuy close to work had one left. I didn't have to listen to they're rambling...just walked in, bought my PlayBook, and walked out.
    12-29-11 12:36 AM
    Just go in there and say "where's that freakin pb"

And if the salesperson steers you to the iPad, say "stick the iPad in your pie-hole, where's the pb"
    12-29-11 11:54 AM
    Well, I work at Best Buy (mobile) and part of the reason why they will steer you towards an iPad is because the device is usually working and they are familiar with it. Another thing is that there is tons of accessories for it which is where companies make their money. For example, my store has like 3 things for the Playbook, but over a 100 different things to offer for the iPad.

I for one steer everyone away from the iPad because most people don't really know what is out there. Apple commercials brainwash people into getting their devices because it is the only thing you see advertised. I like to call it the "kleenex" effect, what they really are asking about are "facial tissues".
    12-29-11 12:12 PM
    best buy here had a playbook in their tablet display.
    12-29-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD