Here's a statement that shows a leading electronics distributor planning for the, "Biggest Release" in RIM's history. OS 2.0

Best Buy USA Preparing For PlayBook OS 2.0 Launch On February 21st
    02-09-12 07:05 PM
    This item's over a week old. We don't really know what the actual plans are, just that the date is, yes, the 21st.
    02-09-12 07:09 PM
    Glad best buy could say a date. Wish RIM would make that announcement.
    02-09-12 07:14 PM
    wonder why they just dont give a date. its would be a good sign on there part if they give a date and actually keep it.
    02-09-12 07:21 PM
    First thing Best Buy needs to do is get working Playbooks in their stores! Best buy is the worst I have ever seen about having not working demo equipment! Plus they need sales people with a little knowledge about the product!
    02-09-12 07:29 PM
    There is no confirmation from Best Buy or RIM that multiple Best Buys have received word of anything. I would suggest that you take it as a rumor to get web traffic to the site.
    02-09-12 07:30 PM
    Best Buy plans for OS2? Since when is Best Buy involved in OS2, did RIM buy Best Buy?
    02-09-12 07:36 PM
    Is this the same Best Buy that just a few weeks ago was saying the PlayBook was an "end of life" item? I know when I was in there last they told me that RIM was going out of business soon.
    02-09-12 07:42 PM
    Just an fyi, I tried to order a 32gb yesterday. They had 400+ in stock according to my b2b rep, and all were sold as of this morning. They did just receive a drop shipment of 16gbs though.
    02-09-12 07:50 PM
    Best Buy (or last buy) couldn't even handle the launch of the playbook when they were supposed to be one of the main sponsors, of the pb launch. If anyone remembers, it was quite disgusting... therefore any statements made by bestbuy about the OS launch should be deemed invalid, and laughed at.
    02-09-12 08:00 PM
    Best buy employees always have tried to steer me away from blackberry products. Most of these so called employees had trouble keeping up with my tech lingo as well. Not saying I know a ton. Just saying most of them I have dealt with, to me, seemed unqualified. To be blunt....Best Buy is a joke.
    ericlc2 and jonno_atamaniuk like this.
    02-09-12 08:06 PM
    BB-Bmore, I could not agree more!!!
    02-09-12 08:07 PM
    (Prediction) If Best Buy holds the launch of OS 2.0 Playbook will sell 3 units, all of which will be broken in some way. Best Buy becomes legend in Android Circles for killing the Playbook through incompetence.

At least if Best Buy is as bad as all of you guys say it is.
    02-09-12 08:13 PM
    Is this the same Best Buy that just a few weeks ago was saying the PlayBook was an "end of life" item? I know when I was in there last they told me that RIM was going out of business soon.
    Too whoever told you that, I tell them BULL
    02-09-12 08:14 PM
    Best Buy did such a great job with the initial release of the Playbook. ******** staff who knew nothing about them. Models that weren't plugged in, working, or even had WiFi. Yeah BestBuy pushing 2.0 will be great
    02-09-12 08:22 PM
    Product launches at major IT vendors have traditionally been on tuesdays for over 30 years for a very simple reason.

To maximise support in a normal 5 day work week.
    Monday for last minute tweeks.
    Tues launch
    wed to friday Mktg. Advertising, seminars, tech support etc.

However, never say never. eh!
    02-09-12 09:31 PM
    Best Buy and the staff that work there isheep. Last time i was in one of their stores they didn't have either of the two playbooks on displays configured to work properly. and to boot after standing there for a while, listening to one of the sales reps I was loosing my mind. Customer was asking what would be the best valued tablet for his money, and this guy suggested a number of tablets except for the playbook, and he kept directing him back to the ipad. Sorry but at $299 for 64g that seems like thats the best buy (no pun intended) for your buck to me. i had to jump and basically took over for the rep. I asked this guy what he wanted in a tablet. I ran through the pro's and the con's and by the he was pretty greatfull i did. Blackberry needs to have roving sales reps visiting stores to make sure its products are properly displayed and presented.
    02-09-12 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD