Check it out they have it on their site now BlackBerry PlayBook with PlayBook OS 2.0 - Best Buy Canada

I'm glad RIM is finally paying attention to the small details for marketing that are really important! Even if a few hundred people look at this that's a good sales opportunity that they seized, I like it!
    I feel cooler with my playbook already! haha

** edit, the only thing is why are they advertising the video store for Canada? I thought this was only in the States?,.. kind of false advertising.
    Last edited by shn; 02-16-12 at 08:58 PM.
    02-16-12 08:50 PM
    posted the link to my FailBook page, so hundreds will see it..of course many want me to find a new hobby :-)
    shn'g and CDM76 like this.
    02-16-12 09:05 PM
    Looks Good!!!!!!!
    shn'g likes this.
    02-16-12 09:07 PM
    I wish they would do the same here in the US.
    derrickps3 and shn'g like this.
    02-16-12 09:08 PM
    It has Kindle - did you notice?
    02-16-12 09:09 PM
    As seen on the Best Buy website : Kindle and Twitter apps for 2.0 launch.
    speedypear and shn'g like this.
    02-16-12 09:12 PM
    I was just going to ask people in the States if they had seen anything? To be honest you guys I think need it more their than we do here! Hopefully they will do something about that!

It has Kindle - did you notice?
    I did see that! I guess they know of an android app coming? or maybe its a native app. Yeah man I can't wait for Native Twitter. I will be very happy to see that come!
    02-16-12 09:13 PM
    interesting that it does confirm the twitter and kindle apps. unless they're resorting to false advertising again.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-16-12 09:14 PM
    It also looks like this confirms Kindle (named specifically) and Zinio (implied) will be available for 2.0. Of course we knew about Zinio as they stated at CES 2012 it would be available soon on the PB. It looks like of most these were being saved for the 2.0 release maybe as a big multi announcement launch event. If so it is what I had been expecting and thought was part of the reason for the silence. It's not just about 2.0 but an media launch event coordinated with other major vendor's Playbook app launches and possibly even some other Rim product announcements leading i to Mobile World Congress. Maybe even the Netflix and Skype apps many are asking for?? Anything's possible, I've seen this happen before with another platform and a major revision launch. There were quite a few similar circumstance for that platform years ago as there is with RIM today. History repeating itself but successfully this time, time will tell?? Wouldn't it great if for once they stole Apple's thunder?
    shn'g likes this.
    02-16-12 09:15 PM
    I wish Rim would pull the playbook and all bb's from bestbuy, perhaps then bestbuy would care to educate their staff especially in Canada where BB rules the airways and the playbook is growing strong. Bestbuy's staff, and therefore bestbuy is more responsible for hindering sales then helping.
    shn'g, kbz1960, Willard814 and 2 others like this.
    02-16-12 09:20 PM
    interesting that it does confirm the twitter and kindle apps. unless they're resorting to false advertising again.
    To play devil's advocate for a moment; there are apps already on App World that handle twitter. This may simply refer to those rather than intimate that a Blackberry Twitter app is on its way.
    ekv and shn'g like this.
    02-16-12 09:23 PM
    And the funny thing is, that smiling guy in the blue Best Buy shirt - just last week, he was telling customers, "PlayBook. Are kidding me? They're being discontinued. Here, check out this Galaxy Tab."
    02-16-12 09:23 PM

i know right....
    shn'g likes this.
    02-16-12 09:32 PM
    Yes after seeing it on the Best Buy Canada site I really hunted around on the US site with no luck
    02-16-12 09:59 PM
    Now thats what marketing is all about, nice find.....Now BestBuy USA needs to get on board. Advertisement, Advertisement, and MORE Advertisement. Lets GO RIM.....BeBold in 2012
    bitek, Willard814 and drummer_god like this.
    02-16-12 10:07 PM
    ** edit, the only thing is why are they advertising the video store for Canada? I thought this was only in the States?,.. kind of false advertising.
    Agreed - all other mention of the Video Store was that it was USA only.
    02-16-12 10:13 PM
    Love it, looks good.
    02-16-12 10:27 PM
    Agreed - all other mention of the Video Store was that it was USA only.
    Yeah and it is kind of bugging me now, even though I am almost certain that they said only States to start I am wondering, maybe they will include in Canada? lol I am not going to get my hopes up though!
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    02-16-12 10:34 PM
    Best buy went bust in the uk... No other retailer cares

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-16-12 10:34 PM
    hmmm maybe they got a surprise for us Canadians!!!! would be nice!
    02-16-12 10:50 PM
    To play devil's advocate for a moment; there are apps already on App World that handle twitter. This may simply refer to those rather than intimate that a Blackberry Twitter app is on its way.
    It was previously said that Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn would be fully integrated with the contact app. My best bet is they will have native apps in order to sync everything.
    02-16-12 11:17 PM
    I was wondering if a fiction writer penned that stuff. There is also mention of the video store. Is all of this coming next week? Or are we again, leaping the competition when the EXPECTED OS2 finally launches?
    02-16-12 11:43 PM
    Love my PB. Found many many uses for it. But, can't help but think that RIM would have saved themselves ALOT of agony by having what we're about to get, out on April 19th. (Launch date for those who have trouble reading between the lines)

RIM stated that, at first, the video store would only be available to US customers, and that it would be coming to Canada later in the year. Perhaps whatever the hold up was (I'm guessing licensing) has been rectified? Who knows? Time will tell.
    02-17-12 12:04 AM
    I was wondering if a fiction writer penned that stuff. There is also mention of the video store. Is all of this coming next week? Or are we again, leaping the competition when the EXPECTED OS2 finally launches?
    If I recall, I think RIM said the video store is coming with the launch of OS2.0 in the USA. It will be later for everyone else.
    02-17-12 12:10 AM
    1) I don't think "native" Twitter app is coming. It's still the same link to the twitter webpage, although you do get Twitter messages through the unified inbox.

2) The kindle app is probably a port of the Android app unless RIM/Amazon manages to completely surprise me.

3) I won't be surprised if they can get video store up and running in Canada.

Can't wait for OS2.0 to come!
    02-17-12 12:12 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD