I bought one at radio shack 16gb at 199.00,
    went back to see the status of the playbook being that i was thinking of returning it, at one location it was back at 500 with a sign stating it wasnt in stock, at another location it was still 199.00. still in stock.. weird. so many variables with this tablet..

This was in brooklyn, nyc
    01-03-12 06:54 PM
    went back to see the status of the playbook being that i was thinking of returning it, at one location it was back at 500 with a sign stating it wasnt in stock, at another location it was still 199.00. still in stock.. weird. so many variables with this tablet..

Hey,

What location is BK still has them? I'm in Manhattan. I'm looking to by two more.
    01-03-12 07:27 PM

If you were thinking about returning it and are interested in selling it, let me know. We can link up somewhere in the middle.
    01-03-12 07:30 PM
    i went to kings plaza mall in flatbush ave, brooklyn, i saw it there for 199.00 this past weekend, from what i hear, its sold out everywhere as of late.
    01-03-12 07:30 PM
    I think its cause Blackberry is not sending them anymore units with old software.
    The new model they are waiting for is the os2 model.
    Blackberry will probably be Sending them new Units with the OS2 already installed.
    I do Hope price stays at $299 for the 16gb model.
    01-03-12 07:34 PM
    i went to kings plaza mall in flatbush ave, brooklyn, i saw it there for 199.00 this past weekend, from what i hear, its sold out everywhere as of late.
    Yeah, I know where KPM is. Let me know if your considering returning it. You can email me [email protected]

Cheers!
    01-03-12 07:40 PM
    Could it be whatever is not soldout will end up at clearance outlets?

Could it be RIM will announce PB 2 at CES next week?

2012 International CES, January 10-13

PB 2 might have a fresh new look with a led flash and new size: 7" and 10"

New product announcement would be nice and could coincide with the Feb. release of OS 2.0
    bribert likes this.
    01-03-12 07:57 PM
    I think its cause Blackberry is not sending them anymore units with old software.
    The new model they are waiting for is the os2 model.
    Blackberry will probably be Sending them new Units with the OS2 already installed.
    I do Hope price stays at $299 for the 16gb model.
    Doubt it.

You are forced to upgrade firmware on your initial set up.
    01-03-12 08:16 PM
    Could it be whatever is not soldout will end up at clearance outlets?

Could it be RIM will announce PB 2 at CES next week?

2012 International CES, January 10-13

PB 2 might have a fresh new look with a led flash and new size: 7" and 10"

New product announcement would be nice and could coincide with the Feb. release of OS 2.0
    Just really don't see this happening. I just don't think R.I.M will be making any announcements next week or before the software release.

Too much happening back at the ranch. They need to focus on getting that software update out the door according to schedule.

But who knows...?
    01-03-12 08:36 PM
    Go into FutureShop on Yonge/Dundas and both models on display are broken.. one is stuck on the WiFi config screen and the second is completely dead (won't charge, won't turn on). It's been this way for a couple of months. Nobody seemed to care when I asked why. They have HUGE crates of the 16- and 32-GB models right at the top of the escalator.
    Wow, that's a sad sight to see. I went in a month ago but didn't notice (was too busy grabbing an XBOX controller).
    01-03-12 11:14 PM
    Crazy the way some of the big boxes don't seem to care whether the display unit is working. And it's not just with the Playbook...
    and then they wonder why they aren't selling ........ hmmmm ..... I'm not a marketing genius but I think I have an idea .....
    01-04-12 02:06 AM
    went to radioshack earlier today, and the demo unit is gone there too. The sales lady was surprised it was no longer there...also, they had no cases, chargers or anything else. I think something really is brewing with an updated model, maybe 2GB ram, quad core processor, 8mp rear 5mp front camera, 4G LTE radio?

I got my fingers crossed, i'll be the first in line for an upgrade...

**By the way, this is in the San Francisco Bay Area, Oakland/Alameda to be exact. The nice lady behind the counter also said they still carry the PlayBook, they just don't have any in stock
    Last edited by mikelcal; 01-04-12 at 02:30 AM.
    01-04-12 02:23 AM
    went to radioshack earlier today, and the demo unit is gone there too. The sales lady was surprised it was no longer there...also, they had no cases, chargers or anything else. I think something really is brewing with an updated model, maybe 2GB ram, quad core processor, 8mp rear 5mp front camera, 4G LTE radio?

**By the way, this is in the San Francisco Bay Area, Oakland/Alameda to be exact. The nice lady behind the counter also said they still carry the PlayBook, they just don't have any in stock
    I really don't see a new model coming out anytime soon. I really only started keeping up on them after the first sale. Not sure the exact numbers but i believe they have quite a few units that haven't sold yet. Plus they need to create a buzz about the Playbook.

There are too many people out there that don't see it as a contender. So tp me you have to change more of that mindset then you come out with a new unit with specs as good or better then everyone else.

Another thing wouldbe to hit some deadlines to create confidence in the company and hopefully start getting better reviews.

James
    01-04-12 06:32 AM

Adding a telephone feature would be icing on the cake.
    01-04-12 08:24 AM
    I seen PlayBook at the BestBuy here in Calgary, just seen it one week ago.
    01-04-12 03:58 PM
    the best buy in my town (michigan) removed the display playbook and no longer has any in stock. I asked one of the sales guys there and he said with great confidence in his knowledge that blackberry is changing the OS to adopt android (i said yeah right in my head). Also the staples in my town had a similar situation. They removed their display unit and are no longer carrying any instock. The "tech" guy there said that RIM is in trouble and are considering being sold off, apparently he read an article that google has made a bid on the company. This employee also was very confident with his knowledge but i think he doesn't know sh*t. I guess we'll wait and see who's right.
    01-04-12 09:52 PM
    They removed them before black friday here in so cal.
    01-05-12 01:17 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD