adobe is making cross platform apps. pdf files are the most important thing for many professionals.
    Pdf is not flash... Pdf can be easily implemented using c++ or java. Best java example, pdf to go on the blackberry, nothing to do with flash.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-11 11:53 AM
    Obviously poor choice of words in my original post, when I said "biggest strength" what I meant was that it's the primary factor that RIM has been using to differentiate the Playbook from competing tablets. You'd think that Best Buy could list a major product's primary marketing point correctly, but perhaps that's too much to ask.

Also, I missed the other threads where this information was posted - sorry 'bout that.

Finally, on the Best Buy versus Staples question, I have to say that neither chain has impressed me very much. In their favor, my local Best Buy does have one knowledgeable employee in the phone / tablet department, and he was super helpful when I stopped in to check out a Playbook the day after launch. They also stock the 32 GB and 64 GB models, which Staples doesn't. On the down side, their tablet displays are awful and their display Playbook hasn't been updated in quite some time.

Both Staples stores in my area have nice tablet displays, and both have friendly employees, but they really don't seem to know anything about the tablets beyond the minimal information they've been given in their sales briefings. They don't update the tablets themselves, but at least they have them set up in such a way that I can stop by every now and then and download the latest OS updates for them.
    06-28-11 11:23 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD