I never walk into a store without doing extensive research about the product and the item price. I just nod at whatever they are saying to give them the respect as they are only doing their job, in the end I get what I wanted not what they want me to have. Feel bad for some people who just read the huge font ad and miss the tiny detail hidden at the bottom of the flyer about pricing for cell phones etc.
    12-26-12 09:08 PM
    If they're the same then why would the commissions be different?
    I never said they're the same. What I said was one (Bestbuy) does not recieve commission and the other (futureshop) does. This mean that there is no reason why Bestbuy should push you to one product over another because there is no incentive. This is why I've always preferred shopping at Bestbuy over Futureshop even before I started to work there. Actually suggest the best product that'll suit your needs (assuming you have no idea what you're exactly looking for).
    12-26-12 09:41 PM
    Here's one:

In all seriousness, no matter what an employee does, they cannot/will not satisfy everyone. The buyer needs to be aware, and if they aren't, they are apt to be hosed in the long or short run. Seems it would be better to take it up with the people who can make a difference. I've used Best Buy for years, and haven't had an unsuccessful experience with them yet.
    12-26-12 10:19 PM
    Please for the love of the Bb gods, have him return that samsung whatever piece of crap along with the wrong stand that she sold him. Shows how much they care and know about their own customers needw, so sad!!
    Would be super sweet if he make sure he find the same girl that sold it to him, Also make sure he get the right tablet for the right job. Believe me it will send a message that us Bb lovers will not be denied and we will have the last laugh this time next year when we are back in race.. Nuff said that was my little rant, Thanks for your time..
    12-26-12 10:56 PM
    If they're the same then why would the commissions be different?
    I'm not sure about Future Shop - but I can confirm that Best Buy employees don't receive commission. My husband works at a Best Buy. I had assumed that future shop was the same.
    12-27-12 12:08 AM
    No. Best Buy does not get any sort of commission in any department. I know this because I've been working there for a year now. Its futureshop that recieves commission not us.

And Im sorry to hear that OP. That associate would've got the sh*ts from her manager if you spoke to him/her. We are not allowed to push a product to a customer over what they want simply because we like it better. Next time complain to that associate's manager and I promise they won't do that again.
    My mistake, I stand corrected, again...
    I thought both were on commission in Canada.

In this case we have no idea how the brother approached the sales person. If he said "My brother thinks I should get a Playbook, what do you think?" then she was not doing anything wrong by giving her opinion.
    luqman24 likes this.
    12-27-12 05:51 AM
    I never said they're the same. What I said was one (Bestbuy) does not recieve commission and the other (futureshop) does.
    He just meant they are both owned by Best Buy so why would the commission be different.
    They sell the same products but they are managed differently.
    luqman24 likes this.
    12-27-12 05:55 AM
    I would print out this "Vent" and give it to your brother to bring to the store and return the Samsung something and anything else to that sales lady. When she why I would hand
    her the "Vent" and wait for her to give me what I asked for in the first place.
    Remember, we are getting this story third hand.
    If the brother wanted the Playbook he would have bought the Playbook.
    12-27-12 05:57 AM
    My brother would have never even thought of buying his son the playbook if I had not told him. I need fact when we ask what the little guy needs or wants for Christmas he is so quiet he doesn't really say anything. Remember, the only reason I bought it up was because my nephew enjoyed using mine and he could keep in contact with his cousins.
    Anyways I'm not going to push my brother into bring it back but I did get receipt for this stand so that going back for sure.
    Last edited by GV2012; 12-27-12 at 12:28 PM.
    12-27-12 12:11 PM
    If this little reality drama was on TV the returner of the merchandise would meet the she devil who had sold the item and then could make a new judgement of the person . And the plot would move from there. Might make a series on interaction of customers and sales clerks, associates, techs, etc. Keep tuned in.
    12-27-12 01:02 PM
    Okay so got my playbook a month or so ago. When I told my brother about it and the great prices it convinced him to get two for his kids for Christmas. A couple weeks back I brought it to my niece so birthday party. My other brothers son, same age approx of my other nephews asked if he could use mine/play with it for a while...and this kid is so quiet he rarely asks for anything. He already knew how to use it so he must have used someone else's before. Like I said this kid is so quiet never asks for anything so I figured he must like it. When I was leaving I asked if he likes it and he says yes. So I ask his father if he had a Christmas gift for the kid yet cause of how much he liked using my playbook. I even told him that our other nephews (they are cousins and he is very close with them ) are getting them and with the playbooks they can all keep in touch easy with the video chat . Okay he says ill check with the wife. Fast forward to today family Christmas dinner and I see the little guy actually did get a tablet! Awesome! I go up and take a look and it's not a playbook but a Samsung something. My brother tells me he went for the playbook but the girl told him this one is better etc. Now my brother is not at all tech savvy and doesn't really know the difference but at least the chick could have asked why it was that he wanted the playbook and he may have mentioned the other cousins have them and the communication would have come up, but no. I think he even paid more for a 16g but she snowed him on something about a credit to buy books for the differences in price. To add insult he bought me a stand/holder for my playbook and he said "the person at Best Buy said it's for Ipad mini. But should work for Playbook, " Well it f+@$n doesn't lady!r
    End of vent.
    Not sure why you are chewing at your skirt hem. Let's be honest the playbook is a bit crap and the Samsung could be better. It was his choice, have some dignity and respect that rather than bleating on here
    12-27-12 02:02 PM
    They are just doing there job. As a sales employee selling something to a kid who most likely doesn't know anything, it is best to suggest something other then a playbook considering its limitations
    brianatbb likes this.
    12-27-12 04:00 PM
    Not sure why you are chewing at your skirt hem. Let's be honest the playbook is a bit crap and the Samsung could be better. It was his choice, have some dignity and respect that rather than bleating on here
    Why are you here? Is your life so miserable that you go onto an enthusiasts forum for something you aren't even enthusiastic about?
    You my friend are pathetic.
    heppyX likes this.
    12-27-12 07:14 PM
    Why are you here? Is your life so miserable that you go onto an enthusiasts forum for something you aren't even enthusiastic about?
    You my friend are pathetic.
    it is called having an opinion. You noticed he slammed the Samsung tablet as well
    12-27-12 07:22 PM
    Did retail electronics for over a decade. I have surmised that earth is polluted with idiots. Every clownshoe customer i ever dealt with always finished my sales pitch with "what is your best price". I am a 4th gen salesman, i really love my craft. As long as there have been hookers there have been sales people.

Customers are profoundly stupid.

Worst thread ever.

I am glad big box took over the custom guys, here are are a decade later enjoying our low prices. Long live the APP!

I miss Bag Phones at 500 bucks per activation.

Idiots.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-27-12 08:30 PM
    think the return policy of electronics products is 14 days. To me, pb has lots of potential especially when it'll get to bbos 10. But most of the non-tech ppl somehow have trouble operating bb units. at least until os10 arrives.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    For the holiday the return is extended (until January 24th for return)
    12-27-12 10:18 PM
    Bit rude.

You just posted to have an audience to whine to. It was only a tablet purchase by your brother who chose someone else's advice rather than yours

Most people wouldn't give this a second thought, time to move on now?
    12-28-12 03:48 AM
    Bit rude.

You just posted to have an audience to whine to. It was only a tablet purchase by your brother who chose someone else's advice rather than yours

Most people wouldn't give this a second thought, time to move on now?
    So you came into the thread why? The title describe exactly what the thread was about. Are you the alter ego of the guy that just got banned? You got it half right though its you who needs to move on.
    12-28-12 11:34 AM
    Chill. Talk to your brother.
    12-28-12 02:24 PM
    Lol... It's in the generation. Worst CEO of the year...
    m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/finance/blogs/daily-ticker/worst-ceo-2012-best-buy-brian-dunn-124535841.html?.intl=us&.lang=en-us&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co
    12-29-12 06:21 AM
    Potential - definition "possible, as opposed to actual".

OP I'd blame your brother for not buying the right tablet or you for not explaining how the PlayBooks could work together. The sales person probable did her job, and sold him a tablet that most consumers would have been happier having, heck the kid will probable get more use from a device that can be USED for other purposes than video conferencing. Some of you don't seem to understand that sales people do know what people want, and what most people want a tablet to do... the PlayBook is not very good at. Yes it's browser does flash... but it is slow. Yes it can be an eReader, but it doesn't have an official app to one of the largest online book stores. And lets face it, no one is supporting apps for it - if you want to access your bank it isn't going to happen, want to watch some TV Shows or Movies, it is very difficult to do. Where as with android or iOS all you have to do is download an app and you can access your cable company or satellite company's content for FREE.
    Nice to see a response that doensn't have 'fanboy' written all over. While no one here really knows what happened between the saleslady and the buyer, what you say rings true. And yes, almost certainly the little kid will find his Samsung tablet way more useful and user-friendly than a PB that offers videochat with his neices. I don't mind dealing with the downsides of using my PB (no need to go into them) but I'd never buy one for a child, not when I know how much more versatile an ipad 2 or equivalent android tablet is.

You have to look at it from a child's perspective because kids are sensitive to small things most of us can overlook. A child who had a PB would not enjoy the inevitable side-by-side comparisons with their friends' android or apple tablets.
    untakenusername likes this.
    12-29-12 11:26 AM
    I've been using my PB for online banking since it came out in April, 2011. So it is quite rich to read comments like this one from Scaly Mister. Especially after recently seeing ads on tv here for the first banking app for the ipad by CIBC, a Canadian bank. So the ipad owners with the superior tablet have to download an app that has just a few weeks ago become available so they can do something that the inferior PlayBook could do a year and a half ago?!!!

What a crazy mixed up world.
    Are you saying the ipad doesn't have a browser and can only connect to the Internet via apps? Don't think so.
    12-29-12 11:36 AM
    Lets return to the OP topic since may be getting side-tracked... Vent at Best Buy for "persuading" a customer.

My thoughts are:

- BestBuy, Futureshop, Staples, Walmart... and others... Nice to have options to buy products at all these stores

- Do your research and buy a product at the cheapest place you can, once you know what exactly you want to purchase (e.g. Playbook)

- If you did your research and want a specific product, don't blame the store (Bestbuy or otherwise) if you walk out of the store with something else (and if you do, you can always return it)

Just be thankful we live in an age where you can research on the internet, share reviews, troubleshoot and know TONS more about any product than ever before, and even shop around for the best price without leaving your couch.

The nice thing about having these "brick and mortar" stores is you can walk in and take something home instantly, versus waiting for an internet mail order and if something is wrong it is harder to return and exchange, and takes longer!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    12-29-12 01:55 PM
    seems like a good buy to me. the kid is gonna be more outspoken because skype is on android. talking with friends on skype is a whole other social experience and is exactly what he needs to break out of his silence. i think he would be missing out on that experience which is a huge part of growing up if you sent back the android.
    12-29-12 02:14 PM
    The original idea was that he was going to use the Playbook Video Chat to communicate with his cousins.
    So, since his cousins have Playbooks without Skype I don't know how much of a social experience Skype will be for him.
    Let's hope he has more friends than his cousins.
    12-29-12 02:53 PM
103 12345